Sign in to follow this  
David Mills

January 11, 2024 MSFS Development Update

12 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

is there a replay function already in the simulator that I have missed?

It's already there.

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

Thanks for letting me know! Is it a proper replay mode? In other words, will it record everything in my PMDG 737-600 (accurate sounds/flap animations/thrust reverser door animations etc)? The replay tool in P3D was hopeless for that.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

14 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Thanks for letting me know! Is it a proper replay mode? In other words, will it record everything in my PMDG 737-600 (accurate sounds/flap animations/thrust reverser door animations etc)? The replay tool in P3D was hopeless for that.

I'd like to know the same thing.... I recall from P3D when using a complex aircraft, running the replay tool would result in flaps/gear and all sorts of other things often changing state....

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

To whom it may concern @ Microsoft. Would it be too much trouble to issue out receipts for purchases from market place that states what was actually purchased and the amount?? Instead of the cryptic receipts that I have no idea what it means How hard could it be to issue a receipt for what was purchased, that way I have a record for future needs.

Thank you.

Edited by tonywob
Removed requoting the entire post
  • Upvote 1

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

On 1/14/2024 at 5:36 AM, Paul K said:

As I always say, clear your Direct X Shader cache and the tile bleed problem is sorted. CCleaner does it automatically for me, and I never have the problem.

That never works for me. I've cleaned the shaders and on the very next flight it happens to me. 

• Like 2

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

25 minutes ago, spearmint_flyer said:

That never works for me. I've cleaned the shaders and on the very next flight it happens to me. 

Sorry to hear that. You've definitely got it ticked in CCleaner Application / Windows ?  It certainly worked for me - haven't had the problem since.

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

22 minutes ago, Paul K said:

Sorry to hear that. You've definitely got it ticked in CCleaner Application / Windows ?  It certainly worked for me - haven't had the problem since.

Are we talking about the same thing here?  We might not be.  DX12?  The only thing that works for me is activating the setting in the dev menu, which as we know, only works temporarily, but definitely clears it, as it is supposed to.

The DX11 tile swapping issue is already confirmed as a server data / mismatch problem, nothing to do with shader cache.

They solved it for Malta as apparently they thought that was the only area affected.  :rolleyes:  I don't know how they came to that conclusion unless they don't read their own forums, which they say they do.
I think the lack of transparency and communication on the tile issues shows they seem to want to avoid the issue for some reason.  The Malta comment they made is just laughable.  It is almost like they go out of their way to misunderstand the issue. 

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

Rob (but call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind).

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

6 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

Are we talking about the same thing here?  We might not be.  DX12?  The only thing that works for me is activating the setting in the dev menu, which as we know, only works temporarily, but definitely clears it, as it is supposed to.

The DX11 tile swapping issue is already confirmed as a server data / mismatch problem, nothing to do with shader cache.

They solved it for Malta as apparently they thought that was the only area affected.  :rolleyes:  I don't know how they came to that conclusion unless they don't read their own forums, which they say they do.
I think the lack of transparency and communication on the tile issues shows they seem to want to avoid the issue for some reason.  The Malta comment they made is just laughable.  It is almost like they go out of their way to misunderstand the issue. 

I'm talking about where you get parts of taxi ways and runways appearing as bare earth, so to speak. Is that not what is meant ?

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org