Sign in to follow this  
omarsmak30

New to Ryzen 7 7800X3D and MSFS, match made in heaven!

I just recently upgraded from i9-9900k to 7800x3d after many reviews and feedbacks and all what I can say, wow! I have never imagined my getting around 50fps in iniBuild EGLL with FSLTL! And this is what my aging RTX2080. I can't picture what would be when I upgrade to RTX4070TiSuper 😅. The best 900€ I have ever spent recently (CPU, new motherboard, CL30 64RAM and 2TB M2 for MSFS only). 

I am new to team red, so if you folks have a any tips, I would be interested 😊.

• Like 9
  • Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

Look into PBO/Curve Optimizer.

Although, you don't really need them.  The 7800X3D is awesome in MSFS out of the box.

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

6 minutes ago, Mace said:

Look into PBO/Curve Optimizer.

Is this AMD overclock? Is it really worth it? Because I noticed this monster can get hot easier than my old i9 (which I think is expected?) Though my lovely Kranken x72 is making a good job keeping the temp in the 70s while flying with MSFS (sometimes goes up to 85 when there is a lot to load), so I wouldn't want to push it further 😅.

Edited by omarsmak30

11 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

Is this AMD overclock? Is it really worth it? Because I noticed this monster can get hot easier than my old i9 (which I think is expected?) Though my lovely Kranken x72 is making a good job keeping the temp in the 70s while flying with MSFS (sometimes goes up to 85 when there is a lot to load), so I wouldn't want to push it further 😅.

Sort of.  It's UNDERvolting and can give more headroom for higher speeds.   Clock speed is not as important for the X3D chips.

Mine usually runs around 65C in MSFS.  I run a Corsair 360 AIO.

• Like 1

Rhett

Thanks, OP. A new MB and Ram (if needed for this cpu) should give wonderful results to someone (based on your experienced posting above).

I'm probably getting better performance with a less able 3DX CPU because my GPU is a 4070 instead of 2600. But it certainly sounds like an older GPU can work fine business with that 7800X3D.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I run mine at -30 PBO, works like a charm.

Edited by Ixoye
  • Like 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

4 hours ago, omarsmak30 said:

Actually I just did a sim session and my temps are about 55C with a max of 67C according to HWInfo.

Rhett

6 hours ago, omarsmak30 said:

I just recently upgraded from i9-9900k to 7800x3d after many reviews and feedbacks and all what I can say, wow! I have never imagined my getting around 50fps in iniBuild EGLL with FSLTL! And this is what my aging RTX2080. I can't picture what would be when I upgrade to RTX4070TiSuper 😅. The best 900€ I have ever spent recently (CPU, new motherboard, CL30 64RAM and 2TB M2 for MSFS only). 

Nice !

What motherboard  (brand et all )did you get ?

Thanks

Enjoy mate !!

I went from a 9900k to a 7950x3d

and wow 🤩 huge difference

6000mhz ram also with a 3080ti 

waiting till the 4090 drops a little and I’ll get one with an oled monitor 4k

mike

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Happy for you, Omar !
Enjoy ! 👍

• Like 1

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

3 hours ago, Mace said:

Actually I just did a sim session and my temps are about 55C with a max of 67C according to HWInfo.

I read in reddit, the high temperatures with this CPU are normal 🤔

1 hour ago, MindYerBeak said:

Nice !

What motherboard  (brand et all )did you get ?

Thanks

I got msi tomahawk wifi x670e

4 hours ago, Ixoye said:

I run mine at -30 PBO, works like a charm.

Sorry I am little bit lost, I have been watching YouTube videos trying to understand this, so now my PBO is set to Auto, do you refer the values of the curve optimizater? Now what I understood, this is reduces the voltage, but how does it translate to a better performance if the clock speed were lower? 

8 hours ago, omarsmak30 said:

I am new to team red, so if you folks have a any tips, I would be interested 😊.

Good to see you are getting even better FPS with your new 7800x3d!  

I think among all the home market flight simulators now, MSFS gives the best FPS, for the level of graphics you get. And with the NVidia 4000 series, you get even better FPS if you use frame generation (there is also that mod that is allowing NVidia 2000 and 3000 cards to do frame generation with MSFS, but of course, that's not officially supported by the MSFS team).

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM