Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

MSFS will have two decent fidelity A380s soon. Crazy, right?

It's great, but I really do think IniBuilds are slightly wasting their efforts on the A380 when you see this FBW one (which could be out sooner).  

I understand there are Xboxers who won't be able to grab the freeware one, but surely this potentially halves the market at least.

As for me.  I have a passing interest in the A380, but not enough to buy one, so it will be FBW all the way for me.  I will take a look at their A350 though.

Those FBW A380 shots are amazing!  The quality of some of the freeware in MSFS is truly astounding.

I also hope the freeware A220 is still in progress by Synaptic, as I would really like one of those.  I thought that would have been prime territory for the pay ware developers, but still.
The sound set for the A220 will be interesting.  Has anybody heard one?  They sound amazing on throttle pick up.  Unique.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 3

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

53 minutes ago, Tierborn said:

I do not get the appeal of the A380 or the B747.   I like to fly realistic routes of the aircraft and the A380/B747 makes you have to commit 8 hrs. to complete the flight.

there are some short real current routes for the a380, more if you look historically 
https://simpleflying.com/shortest-airbus-a380-flights-2023/

16 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

IniBuilds is pretty fast with their development in MSFS these days. I think they have a pretty large development team, and I assume they were able to hire a larger development team because they have had good sales in MSFS, in addition to their contracts given to them for MSFS by Microsoft.  So I do think they can release the A380 by next year.  If this were FSLabs, who are known for being very, very, slow, I doubt that they could release by next year. But iniBulds seems to be one of the fastest "decent fidelity" airliner developers among all the developers that put out decent or high fidelity airliners.

Indeed they have grown from being a small ini config creators for FSX to a medium sized company who is still hiring, quite crazy!

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Tierborn said:

I do not get the appeal of the A380 or the B747.   I like to fly realistic routes of the aircraft and the A380/B747 makes you have to commit 8 hrs. to complete the flight.

not on vatsim it wont.  the walker's, ukv's, alpacas and leipsigs will be flying around doing EGLL-EGBB  all day long once that 380 arrives 🙂 

14ppkc-6.png

12 hours ago, pommy80 said:

Would be good to get some type of "update" from Lefteris.

You can always ask for one... Generally this proves as easy as pulling a tooth from a lion's mouth! Lucky you if you get anywhere close to an answer.

All we know for certain is that they moved their developing team to MSFS only, but who knows what aircraft they are actually working on? Secret is part of their company philosophy as they are afraid to release info that could be used by competitors. So it seems.

Obviously Concorde is high on the list, but being a niche aircraft, they better fill a vacant slot such as the A330 ASAP, but it's their business and their decision. Competition freeware and payware - and good one at that - is running faster and faster! Opportunities are now getting quite limited for them.

Edited by Bernard Ducret
  • Like 1

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

2 hours ago, Tierborn said:

There are some current short-haul routes with the A380, and a fair bit in the ~6 hr range (I recently travelled Frankfurt - Dubai on the Emirates A380 which was around 6 hrs)

Current:
https://simpleflying.com/worlds-shortest-airbus-a380-flights-october-2023/
https://airwaysmag.com/a380-ops-shortest-routes-2023/
https://simpleflying.com/worlds-shortest-airbus-a380-flights/
From ten years ago: 
https://www.usatoday.com/story/todayinthesky/2013/03/15/the-worlds-shortest-a380-routes/1990381/

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

2 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

not on vatsim it wont.  the walker's, ukv's, alpacas and leipsigs will be flying around doing EGLL-EGBB  all day long once that 380 arrives 🙂 

Ok, my bad one route 😁

Most A380 flights in the sim will be 1hr to 1.5hrs, so unrealistic.

Edited by Tierborn

What is the point of this forum topic???

This is all pure speculation as we have no idea when either of these will be released???

One or both may never appear as a finished product.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tierborn said:

Because we can 🙂 . It's a sim, have fun, do what you want, fly what you want wherever you want. That's the whole freedom of it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tierborn said:

It would only be unrealistic, if in real world no 1.5hrs A380 flights would exist.

Emirates' Inaugural World's Shortest A380 Flight Review [Business] (upgradedpoints.com)

Or London-Frankfurt A380 Returns: Catch The Largest Plane On Shortest Routes - Live and Let's Fly (liveandletsfly.com)

Beautiful 😍

(I never thought I would say that of an A380 😂)

Edited by Luis Hernandez

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

15 minutes ago, Tierborn said:

Actually, all flights in MSFS or any flightsim are unrealistic. If you can hear a leaf blower outside your bedroom window when you're at 35,000 over the middle of the Atlantic....Unrealistic.  If your Mom comes into your room when you're on final to Kia Tak (oh wait...you wouldn't be on final to Kia Tak as that airport is closed...my bad), and tells you to get off that computer and clean your room, again...unrealistic.

If you wish to only fly realistic routes and such, that is your choice.  The "realistic" component of any simmer's experience is relative to the level of real-life suspension they are willing to accept.  For you...if its not the real weather, time, airframe, registration, route, ATC, etc...its unrealistic.  You of course have a limited range of flights to fly by that preference, but that's your choice. 

Others have other preferences.

BTW....if you are flying your commercial flights in an airliner by yourself...that is completely unrealistic.  As is flying one without 1500 hrs min and a license and type-rating to fly said aircraft.  So you can take the whole realistic thing as far as you want, as long as remember its your level of realistic, not necessarily all simmer's experience. 😉 

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

8 hours ago, fsiscool said:

Ok, two routes ... woot

7 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Actually, all flights in MSFS or any flightsim are unrealistic. If you can hear a leaf blower outside your bedroom window when you're at 35,000 over the middle of the Atlantic....Unrealistic.  If your Mom comes into your room when you're on final to Kia Tak (oh wait...you wouldn't be on final to Kia Tak as that airport is closed...my bad), and tells you to get off that computer and clean your room, again...unrealistic.

If you wish to only fly realistic routes and such, that is your choice.  The "realistic" component of any simmer's experience is relative to the level of real-life suspension they are willing to accept.  For you...if its not the real weather, time, airframe, registration, route, ATC, etc...its unrealistic.  You of course have a limited range of flights to fly by that preference, but that's your choice. 

Others have other preferences.

BTW....if you are flying your commercial flights in an airliner by yourself...that is completely unrealistic.  As is flying one without 1500 hrs min and a license and type-rating to fly said aircraft.  So you can take the whole realistic thing as far as you want, as long as remember its your level of realistic, not necessarily all simmer's experience. 😉 

Very silly comment.... you could have saved your time and effort.

On 1/22/2024 at 4:46 PM, alexcolka said:

INI stepping on the toes of FBW, first with the A320 Neo and now with the A380 🤣

Well the A320Neo was commissioned by Asobo, can't blame ini for that.

Plus Console pilots can't use the FBW aircraft, so this is also good for them.

Edited by Tuskin38