Sign in to follow this  
Tuskin38

BeyondATC Traffic Injection v2 Video

15 minutes ago, Noel said:

This looks like a potential threat to GSX Pro, no?  MS/A ought to just hire these folks to integrate fully into MSFS 2024, and retain them as well!  Very impressive!

If it turns out to be really good, they might just do that.  One thing I like about the MSFS team is if Jorg sees something good, they can "buy" it 🤣.  They saw that Working Title was really good and just hired them. And they saw that Petrovich from IL-2 Sturmovik was really good too, so they hired him.

I know there are complaints about large companies doing this, but in this case, I don't mind because it makes MSFS better.

• Like 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Just now, abrams_tank said:

If it turns out to be really good, they might just do that.  One thing I like about the MSFS team is if Jorg sees something good, they can "buy" it 🤣.  They saw that Working Title was really good and just hired them. And they saw that Petrovich from IL-2 Sturmovik was really good too, so they hired him.

I know there are complaints about large companies doing this, but in this case, I don't mind because it makes MSFS better.

Well, IMM there is definitely 'something good' with this Developer.  They are ahead of the curve it appears w/ AI and are setting a new standard for sophistication.   Can we send Jorg a link to Beyond ATC?? 😁

• Like 3

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

27 minutes ago, Noel said:

This looks like a potential threat to GSX Pro, no?  MS/A ought to just hire these folks to integrate fully into MSFS 2024, and retain them as well!  Very impressive!

How is this in any way a potential threat to GSX?

They're completely different programs doing completely different things 

GSX doesn’t do anything with aircraft AI or ATC

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tuskin38 said:

How is this in any way a threat to GSX?

They're completely different programs doing completely different things 

Users might be real happy with how BATC manages pushback, is really about it.  Or not...

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

3 minutes ago, Noel said:

Users might be real happy with how BATC manages pushback, is really about it.  Or not...

BATC doesn’t manage player pushback AFAIK

in fact in previous videos the developer is using GSX.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Upvote 1

Amazing. I cannot wait for this. Hasn't been released, let alone finished and it's already a product of the year contender. I am so frigging pumped about this. 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

9 minutes ago, Noel said:

Won't be even close with custom airport profiles from GSX different programs, sounds overall promising and we are in need for a good ATC/AI program. Hope they will do some Europe stuff in their next videos 😉

Edited by virtualstuff
  • Like 1

André

26 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

This looks amazing. And it will be an MSFS exclusive as well when it's released, right?

It's really good for novices that aren't ready to go on VATSIM

I'd go beyond that. I enjoy flying on VATSIM and consider myself reasonably proficient. When there's a good number of controllers and pilots online, nothing beats VATSIM.

But there are times of day and areas of the world where VATSIM can be pretty barren. It can feel a bit pointless making Unicorn transmissions that no one hears, and lonely parking up on an empty ramp. For those situations, I'm hoping Beyond ATC will provide an immersive option.

26 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

I would consider myself a VATSIM noob and I have been on VATSIM before, and I can do a very simple IFR flight with a Cessna 172.  But I would always prepare like crazy, studying the airport diagram in depth, the SIDs and STARs, before I attempted an IFR flight on VATSIM.

I'd say, irrespective of how much experience someone has, it's really a prerequisite to become familiar with an airport one hasn't flown into before. Professional pilots do exactly this. So don't feel like your preparation is a sign of "noobness" - it just means you're doing exactly what a real life pilot would do. 

Edited by martinboehme
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, virtualstuff said:

Won't be even close with custom airport profiles from GSX different programs

I've not used GSX profiles, and I'm guessing as a result this is why I can get weird pushbacks fairly often, where the plane is being backed up into a building or what have you.  I could never understand why GSX has this problem, and yet default pushback doesn't seem to do this, ever.  Do profiles reduce or eliminate those weird pushbacks?

Noel

59 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

This BeyondATC is good in that it won't get angry or annoyed with you, and you can take all the time you like.  This is really good for practicing.

I'm with you on this. I have a sign-in to VATSIM and have sat on the ground just listening to radio chatter, but haven't really had the guts to jump in (not to mention the time to prep properly ahead of time). If a service like this is actually well-designed, it could be a really fun, relaxed way to practice using ATC. Fingers crossed they do a good job with it.

• Like 2

On 1/21/2024 at 1:11 PM, michdb8 said:

I'm more hype for this addon than  msfs 2024 finally a good offline atc 

Never in a million years for me lol. Wanna see what Asobo is bringing to the table first

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

1 hour ago, abrams_tank said:

It's really good for novices that aren't ready to go on VATSIM. I would consider myself a VATSIM noob and I have been on VATSIM before, and I can do a very simple IFR flight with a Cessna 172.  But I would always prepare like crazy, studying the airport diagram in depth, the SIDs and STARs, before I attempted an IFR flight on VATSIM.  If you don't prepare, my understanding is some of the VATSIM controllers get annoyed with you. 

I was chatting with CptCanada about this on his stream yesterday. He and some of his chatters were of the "Just use Vatsim. You will be happier on VATSIM. Just don't fly into busy airports...."

Saturday night my VA (Southwest VA) as co-hosting an event into KSBA. After half an hour, there was a ground stop in KSBA because, shockingly, an airport with one runway and a few stands got overloaded.

That's even assuming there is coverage.

And, to your point, a decent AI will be very welcome. BeyondATC looks like it could be that, but I need to wait and see how it behaves when it is released and folks share how good it actually works.

2 hours ago, AnkH said:

Pretty sure this is an "AFCAD" issue and at least for addon airports it will not exist. What bothers me more is the absence of the pusback tug, hope this is just because they were disabled in this demo and not a prerequisite of BATC...

external injection aircraft can't use the msfs pushback tug,  jetway connection and catering sdk limitation only if you use the sim injection but in that case you cant use a external atc  but i prefer no tug  or other services and have a good atc and ai traffic 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Noel said:

I've not used GSX profiles, and I'm guessing as a result this is why I can get weird pushbacks fairly often, where the plane is being backed up into a building or what have you.  I could never understand why GSX has this problem, and yet default pushback doesn't seem to do this, ever.  Do profiles reduce or eliminate those weird pushbacks?

Yep they are custom made for airports and close to real life as possible... it adds more to it then only pushback and with the latest GSX Pro we have Push and Pull... In development is also to pull an aircraft from buffer aprons to particular gates...

- Aircraft stopping at custom stop positions like in real life

- VDGS with simbrief integration with flight details displayed schedule EOBT

- Correct handler companies and catering at the gates / terminals

- Ground crew and vehicles for refueling / catering / cargo /push and pull

- Different pax and de-boarding / boarding routes

- etc...

Profiles are pretty easy to install to

Edited by virtualstuff

André

24 minutes ago, michdb8 said:

external injection aircraft can't use the msfs pushback tug,  jetway connection and catering sdk limitation only if you use the sim injection but in that case you cant use a external atc  but i prefer no tug  or other services and have a good atc and ai traffic 

What a bummer, this reduces the hype in my case back to almost zero sadly...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS