Sign in to follow this  
birdguy

Gunsmoke

According to what I could find on the internet Amanda Blake did play the part of Kitty on the first episode.  But she was just a saloon girl then.  On episode 27 she became the proprietor and owner of the Longbranch and wore the beauty mark for the first time.

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

On 1/26/2024 at 5:00 AM, birdguy said:

According to what I could find on the internet Amanda Blake did play the part of Kitty on the first episode.  But she was just a saloon girl then.  On episode 27 she became the proprietor and owner of the Longbranch and wore the beauty mark for the first time.

Noel

By gosh you are right! I went back to check and was sure Kitty was played by someone else. But she was Kate, not Kitty. Kate owned the saloon back then.

Red arrow is Kate.

Green arrow is Kitty

She was so young looking, I didn't recognize Amanda Blake, LOL.

spacer.png

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I've seen two more early episodes of Gunsmoke last week.  Neither one was very good or in keeping with the later episodes.  Acting still kind of stiff and the actors haven't meshed yet.  But Kitty now owns the Longbranch and is Matt's woman but she hasn't got the beauty mark yet. 

On one of the episodes Matt suspects a man of a killing and jails him.  He claims his innocence and escapes.  He leaves Dodge and Matt goes after him..  He finds him and wounds him in the shoulder and brings him back to jail.  Then Matt finds out the guy actually is innocent and has to apologize for shooting him.

In the next episode I watched a gang of white men are stealing cattle from small ranchers and killing the family and making it look like Indians did it by scalping them.  Matt sets up a decoy ranch and lures the guys in.   Then he ambushes and kills three of them without warning.  The rest surrender.

Those plots wouldn't make it in the later episodes after the show caught on and matured.

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

Now that Miss Kitty was one little gal who could sure hold her liquor. She could drink any time of day then all night entertaining cow pokes with no effect. And ole Doc. First thing in the mourning he would walk past Mat and Chester or Festus and ask them to join him at the Longbranch for a cold one. And how many cow pokes died right in front of Kitties bar due to a shootout. I believe if Marshall Dillon would close down the Longbranch and run Kitty out of town the homicide rate in Dodge would be cut about 3/4. Does anyone really think those ladies working there were just to sell drinks to the drovers? I suspect a town madam in cahoots with the town Marshall. Small town corruption. 

All in fun in case a devoted fan should take issue with this post and call me out to meet on Main Street at high noon.🤠:takut:

Vic green

Editorial in the Dodge City Daily News:

Deputy Festus is too busy telling entertaining anecdotes down at the saloon while the bank is being robbed. Chester has a bum leg and can't catch rioting cowboys. Doc has a soft heart and charges too little when bandits get wounded.

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

14 hours ago, Patco Lch said:

Does anyone really think those ladies working there were just to sell drinks to the drovers?

I hate to admit how old I was when I first asked, "Wait... what kind of woman owns a saloon?"  They hid this *very* well.

I heard about an early episode when Chester is questioning why Miss Kitty knows so much about men.  "Mister Dillon" responds, "Chester, Kitty knows a LOT of men."  Apparently this happened twice in this episode.  I didn't see this one myself so someone else will have to verify it.

Hook

• Like 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

• Like 2

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Gunsmoke is good; it had a Spin Off (remember Dirty Sally?), but personally I prefer Arness' and Manley's subsequent project, How The West Was Won. Zeb Macahan was one tough hombre.

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

On 1/24/2024 at 8:07 PM, Zatoichi said:

The Rifleman, Bonanza, Paladin, Wanted, Dead or Alive. All great. Love Doc Stone.

My aunt watches those... (repeatedly)

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

On 1/24/2024 at 5:07 PM, Zatoichi said:

Paladin

spacer.png

• Like 2

Tales of Wells Fargo. "Im Jim Hardee. Wells Fargo pays me a good salary." 🙂

Other cowboy shows i remember growing up were, The Lawman, Sugarfoot, Trailmaster, Wagon Train, The Rebel.