Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Working Title is improving the G3X for MSFS!

1 hour ago, MattNischan said:

Well, it's gonna start with SU15 beta, which is just a few weeks away. So not much time to wait. 🙂

As sorta mentioned in the Q&A, external navigators like the GTN are going to need some code updates to those units to support the integration with the new G3X.

The G3X is, without an external navigator, just a simple VFR box that supports limited flight plan operations (no procedures). However, as in real life, when paired with an external navigator like a GNS or a GTN, they can support IFR flightplans and guidance from the external navigator.

Because of this need to communicate with the G3X, we are updating the MSFS Avionics Framework to support independent per-unit guidance, as well as flight plan and guidance communication between the units. However, this is not just something that drops in, developers of those external GPS units will need to implement those changes. We of course will be providing guidance to those developers who wish to do that, as well as documentation.

We will be including those integrations in the GNS in SU15, as well as some options to disable the built-in WT AP in the GNS, in case some advanced developers want to develop their own autopilot just accepting guidance from the GNS.

Do you know if it will be possible to import flight plans at some point, like the real world Garmins do? FP sync (flightream 210/510) and these panels talk to EFB's like Foreflight, Garmin Pilot, Flightplan.com etc. Would be super a big time saver and convenience...

Thanks!

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

Does the upcoming Phenom by Raul use the G1000 or G3X?

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

21 minutes ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

Do you know if it will be possible to import flight plans at some point, like the real world Garmins do?

For the WT Garmins, that would be up to plugin developers. The G3000 and G1000 support SimBrief import using the Navigraph plugin. These instruments cannot read from the file system, so that method would not be possible.

For external navigators like the GTN, that would be up to th developers of those instruments.

15 minutes ago, Purr said:

The G3X is a product designed for the small sport and experimental aircraft market, so would not be found (and cannot be installed) on aircraft in the categories like the Phenom.

Edited by MattNischan
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, MattNischan said:

However, this is not just something that drops in, developers of those external GPS units will need to implement those changes.

OK.. I will chat with TDS about their plans for the GTN750NXi.  I have never participated in an MSFS Beta, so wondering if that is a clever thing to do..  The previous WT G3X was able to be driven by the GTNXi just fine... just the flightplan WPT, DIS, and ETE variables were not picked up.. so this has to be possible a second time, I would hope.. 😉

Bert

5 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

The previous WT G3X was able to be driven by the GTNXi just fine... just the flightplan WPT, DIS, and ETE variables were not picked up.. so this has to be possible a second time, I would hope.. 😉

It will indeed be possible! However, the instruments are not even vaguely similar. The old WT G3X was just a tiny mod of a very old version of the Asobo G3X, whereas the new G3X is well over 10K hours of work capturing the interfacing possibilities (with, of course, some resultant complexities) of the real unit. It's easily one of the most difficult units we've had to model to date because of it's flexibility and high numbers of ways it can be used and configured with different aircraft, autopilots, and navigators.

Since this announcement was just today, I don't expect third party GPS devs to necessarily have answers to the questions about interfacing yet. I'm sure we'll end up in closer contact with them as the beta is released and progresses.

• Like 17

@MattNischan Is there a possibility that WT/Asobo/MS brings a native solution to have these devices with touch (G3X, G3000) on an external tablet?

Using these on a tablet with its touch capabilities would be awesome!!

Hope you consider it!?

• Like 1

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 hours ago, Purr said:

The Phenom will be a 300E and come with full blown G3000.

Cheers T.

8 hours ago, guenseli said:

@MattNischan Is there a possibility that WT/Asobo/MS brings a native solution to have these devices with touch (G3X, G3000) on an external tablet?

No possibility, no. The way the system upon which these instruments is built in MSFS (CoherentGT made by a company called Coherent), this is not technologically possible.

Edited by MattNischan
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

YESSSS YESSSS YESSSS!!!!  

YESSSSSSSSSS!

I was checking the Working Title Discord channel and I saw that you were so hyped when they announced the G3X 😁.  But this is a huge release, it seems so many GA planes use the G3X, a lot of GA planes will benefit from this release 👍.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

On 2/1/2024 at 10:08 AM, MattNischan said:

Well, it's gonna start with SU15 beta, which is just a few weeks away. So not much time to wait. 🙂

As sorta mentioned in the Q&A, external navigators like the GTN are going to need some code updates to those units to support the integration with the new G3X.

The G3X is, without an external navigator, just a simple VFR box that supports limited flight plan operations (no procedures). However, as in real life, when paired with an external navigator like a GNS or a GTN, they can support IFR flightplans and guidance from the external navigator.

Because of this need to communicate with the G3X, we are updating the MSFS Avionics Framework to support independent per-unit guidance, as well as flight plan and guidance communication between the units. However, this is not just something that drops in, developers of those external GPS units will need to implement those changes. We of course will be providing guidance to those developers who wish to do that, as well as documentation.

We will be including those integrations in the GNS in SU15, as well as some options to disable the built-in WT AP in the GNS, in case some advanced developers want to develop their own autopilot just accepting guidance from the GNS.

Hey Matt, I just want to say, the Working Title team is the all star team of the MSFS team!  What a brilliant decision by Jorg to hire you guys! Much of the flight sim community, Avsim included, was laughing at MSFS default GA avionics upon its release in 2020. Now in 2024, MSFS default GA avionics is the de facto standard that the other flight sims are measured against. And with this G3X release, the gap between MSFS default GA avionics and the default GA avionics of other flight sims will just grow wider.

There are still more default GA avionics to improve, so I look forward to the work done by Working Title in the next few years!

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Looks like a DREAM!

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I have nothing whatsoever to say, no opinions to cast, nothing, other than to say again how utterly happy and excited I am that the wonderful engineers at WT are finally able to work to give us a better G3X solution.    Like everyone, I have a few niggles going on in wider life at the moment (along with a nasty dose of flu) and when I'm feeling a bit flat, I just remember that soon we're going to have a vastly improved G3X solution in all the LSAs and experimentals in MSFS, that use the kit.

Sending nothing but love and gratitude.

Thank you!

Edited by JYW
  • Like 3

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Really hoping once it's available for them in pre-release and/or release form, all the 3rd party aircraft devs will quickly adopt this! Amazing stuff.

• Like 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

Imagine a world without Working Title, doesn't bare thinking about does it!?

• Like 2

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

54 minutes ago, MarcG said:

Imagine a world without Working Title, doesn't bare thinking about does it!?

I was checking the RealityXP website and it's $35 USD for a GNS 530 or GNS 430, GTN 750, etc.  And this is on sale and the original price is listed as $50 USD for each. So for example, is the G1000 NXi in MSFS worth $50 USD then? What about the other Garmin devices that Working Title has worked on?

IMO, that's very good value in MSFS, if we are getting Garmin devices from Working Title that sell for $50 USD before sale, and $35 USD after sale, for each. Now maybe the RealityXP Garmin add-ons do more than what the Working Title Garmin devices do, so it's worth more as well. But still, that's pretty good value for the Garmin devices that Working Title have worked on in MSFS.

PS. Is there even a good G3X add-on for another flight sim out there?

Edited by abrams_tank