Sign in to follow this  
jrw4

Latest update from PMDG....

7 hours ago, MySound said:

My god. The crying everytime PMDG does something is so annoying. 

They did the same thing 10 years ago and as they do now time to be innovative.  Other developers have moved on and PMDG lags behind. They are far from top simulation anymore.

Edited by JBDB-MD80
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Keirtt said:

But that’s the point, you guys have brought more negativity to this thread than the negativity you’re pointing fingers at. 

The point isn't this one thread. It's every single PMDG thread for the past few years.

I see you edited your previous post. I'm not going to get into it much more, but I don't think it's clear what the issue is. No one is saying it's inexcusable to criticize PMDG. I did so myself last week and before that. Not sure why the take at the end always seems to be one isn't allowed to criticize anything. PMDG aren't holy and they've brought some justified criticism on themselves. No one denied that.

The issue is the type of negativity because it's kind of a trend these days to find fault in everything they do, and doing so every single week. It's filling every thread with silly complaints, e.g. I don't like RSR's writing style, the text is too long, 'where EFB' every two days, the 777 previews look like FSX, the 737 is a duct-taped mess, and now we've reached a point where the complaint is we're getting too many development updates of an aircraft close to release (?).

That's all I'll say about this. Don't get me wrong, it's not personal or with any ill intent, but maybe it shows why the complaints about the complaints are getting more.

Edited by threexgreen
  • Like 4

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

15 minutes ago, threexgreen said:

The point isn't this one thread. It's every single PMDG thread for the past few years.

Cry us a river while PMDG cries at the bank.

10 hours ago, Jeeeno said:

Customers: we want a LNAV update with RF!!!

RSR: here's some cool pictures of glowing brakes absolutely nobody asked for 🥰

I thought the PMDG LNAV 2.0 had RF leg types? 

• Like 1

Cheers

Steve Hall

1 hour ago, Keirtt said:

I’ve been a customer of PMDG for nearly twenty years, but you’d swear by reading some of the posts on here it’s almost inexcusable for other users to not agree with something. Practice what you preach gentlemen… if you don’t like what others have to say, move on.

If you follow every thread regarding PMDG here, you see the same thing every time - no one is arguing against constructive criticism but each time the snide, sarcastic remarks come out from the usual suspects whether it be their rate of production, RSR's commentary, pricing policy or whatever, safe in knowing they can't post the same stuff over there without recourse.

They are not without fault - I wish they'd hurry up too, as well as get the LNAV issue sorted out, but I don't need to post it here every time someone posts about PMDG.

For the record - I have been a customer of theirs since they only made manuals, the manual for the original Aerowinx 747.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

David Porrett

27 minutes ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

Cry us a river while PMDG cries at the bank.

Thanks for your input, but I'm fairly certain PMDG is going to walk out the bank with pockets full of cash.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

1 minute ago, threexgreen said:

Thanks for your input, but I'm fairly certain PMDG is going to walk out the bank with pockets full of cash.

No word not allowed sherlock. Thanks to new money from MSFS and XBOX.

Edited by JBDB-MD80

31 minutes ago, cowpatz said:

I thought the PMDG LNAV 2.0 had RF leg types? 

It probably will, but it's not out yet and it looks like it's not going to come with the 777 judging by some comments made by RSR last week in a rather, ahem, tumultuous exchange.

6 minutes ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

No word not allowed sherlock. Thanks to new money from MSFS and XBOX.

Well, thanks for the conversation I guess.

Also implemented this week are some interesting features of the alternate gear extension process that really require video to demonstrate (stay tuned!) and the main gear steering actuators and their associated control logic. This afternoon I am working on the impact having the main gear steering disabled will have on the airplane's energy state during tight turns- because that is the level of nerdy detail we bring to the table in our products.

If the planned MSFS ground handling improvements come in SU15 or SU16, hopefully PMDG starts making use of the associated five new FM parameters for both the 737 and 777 (like they did with the crosswind related ground handling parameters after SU10)

The screenshot from RSR's post:

spacer.png

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 4

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

Can't wait! 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

Some other interesting tidbits from RSR later on in the thread answering some questions:

On RNP(AR) and RF legs: https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/general-discussion-news-and-announcements/282945-03feb24-737-pc-xbox-news-777-beta-updates-trolling-a-meltdown-and-more-for-your-weekend-update?p=283110#post283110
"Covered in numerous other threads. If that functionality completes testing in time to include in the release, then yes. If it is still in testing at release then it will roll in after it completes testing. I won't project a chicken-or-egg at this point because we are more interested in quality and correctness than we are in timelines. - RSR"

On the 737 max: https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/general-discussion-news-and-announcements/282945-03feb24-737-pc-xbox-news-777-beta-updates-trolling-a-meltdown-and-more-for-your-weekend-update?p=283117#post283117
"A significant portion of Max is already completed and when we have more specific information we will share it. As previously mentioned- you will have the the option to fly the full range of NG-MAX variants once we release them. At this moment, we are winding the 777 up, however- so the focus is there primarily. - RSR"

On engines.. based on this the 200LR/F is likely first as almost everyone suspected then the 300ER.. at least the 300ER looks to be coming before the 200ER 🙂
https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/general-discussion-news-and-announcements/282945-03feb24-737-pc-xbox-news-777-beta-updates-trolling-a-meltdown-and-more-for-your-weekend-update?p=283116#post283116
"To answer your question: The 200LF/F/300ER airplanes all share a common engine and will only have that engine. The 200ER airplanes have a choice of engines and when we eventually do those airplanes- those choices will be available- just as in our P3D product line. - RSR"

Q: Will the B777 have vibrations of the horizontal stabilizer during take-off just like the 737 is having right now, and a other question. Will you simulate the same thing just like in P3D with the B777 when the plane is parked cold and dark, the Flaperons are down, the Rudder is turned either to the left or right, depanding on the wind direction? I like that in P3D, gives more realism to the plane
A: "All of that is modeled, and much more, actually. - RSR"

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

11 hours ago, DavidP said:

f you follow every thread regarding PMDG here, you see the same thing every time

yep and  always  the  same  users  everytime

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

9 hours ago, lwt1971 said:

Some other interesting tidbits from RSR later on in the thread answering some questions:

On RNP(AR) and RF legs: https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/general-discussion-news-and-announcements/282945-03feb24-737-pc-xbox-news-777-beta-updates-trolling-a-meltdown-and-more-for-your-weekend-update?p=283110#post283110
"Covered in numerous other threads. If that functionality completes testing in time to include in the release, then yes. If it is still in testing at release then it will roll in after it completes testing. I won't project a chicken-or-egg at this point because we are more interested in quality and correctness than we are in timelines. - RSR"

On the 737 max: https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/general-discussion-news-and-announcements/282945-03feb24-737-pc-xbox-news-777-beta-updates-trolling-a-meltdown-and-more-for-your-weekend-update?p=283117#post283117
"A significant portion of Max is already completed and when we have more specific information we will share it. As previously mentioned- you will have the the option to fly the full range of NG-MAX variants once we release them. At this moment, we are winding the 777 up, however- so the focus is there primarily. - RSR"

On engines.. based on this the 200LR/F is likely first as almost everyone suspected then the 300ER.. at least the 300ER looks to be coming before the 200ER 🙂
https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/general-discussion-news-and-announcements/282945-03feb24-737-pc-xbox-news-777-beta-updates-trolling-a-meltdown-and-more-for-your-weekend-update?p=283116#post283116
"To answer your question: The 200LF/F/300ER airplanes all share a common engine and will only have that engine. The 200ER airplanes have a choice of engines and when we eventually do those airplanes- those choices will be available- just as in our P3D product line. - RSR"

Q: Will the B777 have vibrations of the horizontal stabilizer during take-off just like the 737 is having right now, and a other question. Will you simulate the same thing just like in P3D with the B777 when the plane is parked cold and dark, the Flaperons are down, the Rudder is turned either to the left or right, depanding on the wind direction? I like that in P3D, gives more realism to the plane
A: "All of that is modeled, and much more, actually. - RSR"

🤔 this RSR dude sounds like my boss!

F.O.S  😉 

mike

Hi,

After reading all the complaints about PMDG I have to say, after flying the 737-800 yesterday for the first time since October: I really enjoyed it. Even though it is not perfect in a lot of areas (missing RTE2 function, AIRINC, etc.) the overall experience for me is still one of the best in MSFS. It is an absolute joy to handfly, its nice to trim, pitch and power flying feels very natural and the performance is great.

So overall I am still happy with the product.

Just my two cents of positive vibes 😄

Kind regards

Martin

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1