abrams_tank

PMDG says significant portion of 737 Max completed

Something I'd point out is that these days even a warbird would be easier to see than the older jets like 707, DC-8, or even the 727. Yes nobody's using Spitfires to defend their nation anymore, but there's still many flying around going to various airshows. Doing a quick check on Wikipedia (which I'm sure is a little dated, but still in the ballpark I'm sure) I see mention that there's 60 Spit's still flying, compared to around 30 727's still around, and there's actually almost as many airworthy B-17's as DC-8's at this point, and in the case of the jets they're all in regular service, not being flaunted around at public events, which I imagine makes a huge difference in terms of public interest. My personal take away is until someone decides to start a "free the airliners" fund and get a DC-8 or 707 on the airshow circuit I don't see the public interesting increasing, either that or we need a show on Apple TV that focuses on the death defying life of a 707 pilot in the same way Masters of the Air does a B-17 crew.

Edited by Jnin
  • Upvote 1

On 2/5/2024 at 11:39 PM, Stearmandriver said:

I don't know that I'd read into this that it's coming "soon".  Robert saying that "a significant portion of the Max is already completed" doesn't tell us much.  A "significant portion" of the Max is literally just a 737NG, and we already knew that's completed.  They could honestly say that without having even started Max development at all.

At the component level, MAX is 82% similar to the NG.. so yeah.

• Like 1

Question, is the fuselage of the 737 Max 8 larger than the 737-800 NG ?  I ask becuase I was on one yesterday (United) and the interior seemed much more spacious than a regular 737NG.  Perhaps its just the way the interior is designed so you get that perception, not sure.

Regarding PMDG and the Max8.  i may be interested as I have the 737-700 and never got the -800 which I really would have preferred but couldn't wait.  This may be a way to fill that void.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

1 hour ago, MarkW said:

Question, is the fuselage of the 737 Max 8 larger than the 737-800 NG ?  I ask becuase I was on one yesterday (United) and the interior seemed much more spacious than a regular 737NG.  Perhaps its just the way the interior is designed so you get that perception, not sure.

Regarding PMDG and the Max8.  i may be interested as I have the 737-700 and never got the -800 which I really would have preferred but couldn't wait.  This may be a way to fill that void.

Not sure if they increased the cross-section, but pending which overhead bins are installed it can give a different feeling (some 800NG have also Max like interior these day) 

https://secure.boeingimages.com/archive/Boeing-737-Sky-Interior-Design-2F3XC5KQ0YX.html

The fuselage length (-8 vs -800) and diameter have not changed. There is a new interieur design though which provides more space.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

The overhead bins on a Max 8 are great…the Air Canada one I was on this week ate up everyone’s excessive carry on baggage with room to spare.  I felt like we were the only gate without the “we may not be able to accommodate all carryon baggage on your flight…” announcement playing over and over again 🙂

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Posted (edited)

So many airlines are now flying the MAX.  I am definitely looking forward to the more 'modern' 737 cockpit representation and longer haul capability.  I have never bought any of iFly's products but I may just buy both the PMDG and iFly versions this time around.

Edited by ErichB
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Extending the DC-6 to DC-7 or bringing up the DC-4 would be fresh additions. I know it is unlikely, at least not in MSFS 2020, because not everyone is as excited to welcome another Boeing- Airbus "battle"

Edited by History
  • Like 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12650H + RTX 3050

Lots of brave people on this thread flying on a Max...😉

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

16 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Lots of brave people on this thread flying on a Max...😉

As the saying goes; when one door closes another door opens

• Like 3

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12650H + RTX 3050

1 hour ago, History said:

Ohhhh.....that is so good and bad at the same time.  Good pun....bad nuance.   So grateful that nobody died in that incident so we can joke about it...a little. 🙂  Severely impacts Boeing as a whole, better check my portfolio and see if I have any Boeing stock.

• Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

1 hour ago, History said:

If its a Max Boeing I'm not going.

• Like 1

On 2/8/2024 at 10:24 AM, Ilari Kousa said:

At the component level, MAX is 82% similar to the NG.. so yeah

Why does everyone (who has no clue about developing a simulated aircraft) think everything is a copy and paste just because the types are remotely similar.