Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

PMDG says significant portion of 737 Max completed

On 2/5/2024 at 3:38 PM, carlanthony24 said:

Typically airlines are using the MAX for longer distance flights instead of the NG. If people want to be realistic about it. 

United fly's the MAX from EWR to BOS all the time, sometimes its an NG though.  Today for example.  https://www.flightaware.com/live/flight/UAL1994/history/20240423/1735Z/KEWR/KBOS

• Like 1

I fly mostly GA and Business jets around ORBX PNW | Im live near Boston so I also will fly in MA and ME |  KLEW- 3B1- KBED 

Also avid RC Pilot, Planes and Heli | Ride a Harley's and Snowmobiles! 

PC Setup: Intel i7 8700k | MD Z370 | MSA GTX1080 | H100 liquid Cooling | 250G SSD | PS RM750 | NZXT S340 Case | Windows 10 | AOC 27" 4K | P3D V4.5 | Saitek Yoke | Saitek Rudder pedals | Saitek Throttle Quad| Lots of Addons| 

Posted (edited)

Hopefully the passenger's doors stay bolted this time. NG always FTW.

Edited by JBDB-MD80

29 minutes ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

Hopefully the passenger's doors stay bolted this time. NG always FTW.

-900 models of the NG have had those exact same door plugs for years.  As have other Boeings and even some Airbuses.

Anything can fall off if the manufacturer never bolts it on.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Andrew Crowley

4 minutes ago, Stearmandriver said:

-900 models of the NG have had those exact same door plugs for years.  As have other Boeings and even some Airbuses.

Anything can fall off if the manufacturer never bolts it on.

So you are a 737 Captain or a Boeing engineer.? I confused here.

58 minutes ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

So you are a 737 Captain or a Boeing engineer.? I confused here.

I'm not sure you need to be an engineer to recognize that empty holes where fasteners should be just *might* be the reason a component separates?

But as a pilot, sure, I know when a component is used across multiple aircraft types that I fly, and even some I don't. That exact plug door, with the exact fastening system, is on thousands of NGs and other Boeings, as well as many Airbuses.  🤷‍♂️

• Like 7
  • Upvote 4

Andrew Crowley

This thread 😂.. back on topic. I’ve been away for a little bit, haven’t seen much on PMDG’s end anywhere. Still pretty quiet since the last few weeks from them? 

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

Another 737 cant wait.

• Like 2

RYZEN 7 5800X3D EIGHT CORE 4.5GHZ,  CORSAIR CMK64GX4M2E3200C16 VENGEANCE LPX 64GB SAPPHIRE NITRO  AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT (16368 MB) 

MSI MAG X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI Samsung U32J59x (DisplayPort) [31.5" VA LCD] Seagate FireCuda 520 SSD ZP1000GM30002 (ITB)WDC WDS100T2B0C-00PXH0 (1TB)

I hope after this yet another 737 that someone starts work on another A320

PMDG have gone very quiet, lots of noise about release being imminent, and still we wait

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, EGLD said:

I hope after this yet another 737 that someone starts work on another A320

PMDG have gone very quiet, lots of noise about release being imminent, and still we wait

I think RSR wasn’t feeling very good that’s why we haven’t heard anything. Hopefully he feels better soon (not because I want an update). 

• Like 1

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

41 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

I think RSR wasn’t feeling very good that’s why we haven’t heard anything. Hopefully he feels better soon (not because I want an update)

I also think that they are basically ready to release the 773 but like Black Square are awaiting SU15 to be in people's hands. Once this actually happens we can expect them to crank the hype machine up to high and we will hear a good deal from them. 

Dan Scott

4 hours ago, EGLD said:

another A320

You’re joking…right? 

14 hours ago, Bdub22 said:

You’re joking…right? 

😄 yes

• Like 1