Sign in to follow this  
SquadronLeader

v1.4.7 Of The Accu-Sim Comanche 250 for MSFS Is Now Availabl

3 hours ago, jcomm said:

I still don't like either the takeoffs or the landings... There's something strange about the FM in the Comanche 😕

In the air, well, not that bad OFC, but honestly the P3D version felt, in some aspects, more plausible ...

I kind of agree about the takeoffs. I have been flying the DC6 for months, so yesterday in my first takeoff, the Comanche felt like a bumper car . It was all over the runway, not like any other aircraft I fly. I thought it was just me, but thinking about it, I think it was  that way the last time I flew it. 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

4 hours ago, jcomm said:

I still don't like either the takeoffs or the landings... There's something strange about the FM in the Comanche 😕

Just the Comanche, or other aircraft too?

It wouldn't surprise me if MSFS' current ground physics modelling is the cause. It's one of the weakest aspects of the sim. A few people have commented on it here: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/please-fix-the-ground-physics-friction-inertia-etc/455009

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

4 hours ago, jcomm said:

In the air, well, not that bad OFC, but honestly the P3D version felt, in some aspects, more plausible ...

I flew the Comanche quite a lot in P3D and, in MSFS, she is more subtle, feels truer than in P3D . Not easier that to be sure. There is a learning curve all right. I've been doing flights with robust crosswinds recently (Caribbean) and the aircraft doesn't behave the same with and without flaps, lightly or heavily loaded. Reading the following over and over helped me a bit.

A2A manual extracts 

In a smooth, steady motion of the throttle, apply full power allowing the aircraft to accelerate in a three-point attitude until the control surfaces become effective. Then begin applying slight back pressure on the control column to lift the nose wheel. At max take-off weight and without flaps, the aircraft should be rotated to leave the runway at around 85 MPH. However, Comanche pilots must be aware that at lighter take-off weights and/or when using flaps, the aircraft will become light on its main landing gear at a slower airspeed, typically closer to 65 MPH. When this happens, it’s important for the pilot to continue applying sufficient back pressure on the control column to prevent the aircraft from ‘wheelbarrowing’ on the nose wheel. Therefore, a take-off considerably earlier than 85 MPH should be expected and planned for under these conditions.  . /.../

For a minimum take-off run in the Comanche 250, the flaps should be lowered to the recommended 18° (2/3) position.

Normally flaps are not used during crosswind take-offs. It is desirable to hold the nose wheel on the runway until a higher-than-normal take-off speed is obtained, then apply a definite but not abrupt back pressure to the control column to lift the aircraft from the runway. 

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

19 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

It wouldn't surprise me if MSFS' current ground physics modelling is the cause.

The Comanche uses an external flight model coded in AccuSim and thus the sim ground modeling is bypassed.

• Like 3

Wow, I'm surprised by these comments (but respect people's experiences).  To me, the Comanche is the best flying plane overall in MSFS, in terms of every phase of flight.

As Matt said, the external FDE means that, certainly at my end, I see no waving around the runway on departure, I feel true ground effect when landing, and it's absolutely spot on in terms of the numbers.

• Like 10
  • Upvote 3

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

2 minutes ago, JYW said:

Wow, I'm surprised by these comments (but respect people's experiences).  To me, the Comanche is the best flying plane overall in MSFS, in terms of every phase of flight.

As Matt said, the external FDE means that, certainly at my end, I see no waving around the runway on departure, I feel true ground effect when landing, and it's absolutely spot on in terms of the numbers.

I just did a couple of touch and goes, and as I suspected, it was my changing from the DC6 to the Comanche yesterday. Today I had no problem tracking the centerline on takeoff and landing. Just takes a bit of adjusting in rudder technique. 

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

A recent fine tuning I did to my controls - Thrustmaster Combat Rudder and T.16000 stick - was the use of that "REACTIVITY" parameter, which at least in terms of the rudder did "wonders" for the control of aircraft while in contact with ground, specially during x-wind takeoff and landings.

I also use some sensitivity away from linear, and the combination of NEUTRAL ZONE, SENSITIVITY and REACTIVITY did positively affect the overall feel.

It's probably me doing something wrong with the Comanche.

I assume that being Scott very familiar with the real thing he surely applied his best knowledge and talent to this model in MFS...

Will keep trying to adapt 🙂

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 2

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

44 minutes ago, jcomm said:

A recent fine tuning I did to my controls - Thrustmaster Combat Rudder and T.16000 stick - was the use of that "REACTIVITY" parameter, which at least in terms of the rudder did "wonders" for the control of aircraft while in contact with ground, specially during x-wind takeoff and landings.

I also use some sensitivity away from linear, and the combination of NEUTRAL ZONE, SENSITIVITY and REACTIVITY did positively affect the overall feel.

It's probably me doing something wrong with the Comanche.

I assume that being Scott very familiar with the real thing he surely applied his best knowledge and talent to this model in MFS...

Will keep trying to adapt 🙂

Where did you set reactivity to?

Not crazy about the way this autopilot tracks the course line ( s turns around the line) . Going back to the DC6 after this flight. 

I wish A2A can a make «AccuVRturb» that gives all MSFS planes the VR turbulence modelling that we have in commanche, because after experiencing the turbulence in the commanche I cant go back to any other plane. I just get sick when flying anything else in VR. What they did is just brilliant. Feels so much more natural.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

Where did you set reactivity to?

Select the controller ( T.16000 or Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals ) and then SENSITIVITY on the top left...

This will open a dialogue for the various axes, and in the left pane last slider for each axis reads REACTIVITY.

I've set mine to 50% for each of the toe brakes and 70% for the rudder axis.

It's also set in my T.16000 Z axis to 70%, which controls the steering tiler.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

I still got an overstressed aircraft in cruise after the patch. 

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

4 hours ago, jcomm said:

I've set mine to 50% for each of the toe brakes and 70% for the rudder axis.

It's also set in my T.16000 Z axis to 70%, which controls the steering tiler.

70% for rudder reactivity seems better. 

I have just noticed that the headphone cable has a noise reduction switch 😁?

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I miss that switch on other aircraft!

It’s that attention to detail that makes this bird stand above the rest

Edited by Stona