Sign in to follow this  
guibru

Flysimware’s Sierra C24R enters coding Phase.

This week Flysimware decided to share a status update on this project via a YouTube video. Sorry I can not include a video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeEMb5-hkUc

The Sierra will feature a modern avionics battery, including the future Garmin G3X ( upgrade by Working Title in Sim Update 15)and support for navigation units like the GTN 750 from PMS50 and TDS.

• Like 4

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

It's a rare airplane, but was lucky enough to  fly it a bit back to my private years. Very comfortable ergonomically,  great visibility, but performance wise  little sub to PA28R Arrow 

• Like 2

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Really looking forward to this one!

Bill

UK LAPL-A

@ryanbatc should like this one, well, it's not quite a Musketeer but it's close.  Yet another plane that will leverage Working Title's new/upcoming G3X !!  

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

4 minutes ago, Mace said:

@ryanbatc should like this one, well, it's not quite a Musketeer but it's close.  Yet another plane that will leverage Working Title's new/upcoming G3X !!  

Yeah I was complaining at first because I think it's glass only (G3X/GTN or GNS) but now with the G3X from WT it should be very good

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

4 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

Yeah I was complaining at first because I think it's glass only (G3X/GTN or GNS) but now with the G3X from WT it should be very good

Oh yeah, GLASS.  I'm not a huge glass guy either, but, I'm so glad about the WT G3X.  This should benefit the FSReborn Sting S4 too?  Really looking forward to it.

Appearance-wise is it about like the Musketeer you've flown?

Rhett

28 minutes ago, Mace said:

Oh yeah, GLASS.  I'm not a huge glass guy either, but, I'm so glad about the WT G3X.  This should benefit the FSReborn Sting S4 too?  Really looking forward to it.

Appearance-wise is it about like the Musketeer you've flown?

Yeah very similar.  Les' C24R has retractable gear and constant speed prop

The one I fly is fixed gear and fixed pitch.  But both are 200hp

Both are fuel injected too 

Edited by ryanbatc

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

3 hours ago, Mace said:

it's not quite a Musketeer but it's close.  Yet another plane that will leverage Working Title's new/upcoming G3X !!  

Actually not close at all. Musketeer is 160hp,  fixed wheels - it is close to Piper Warrior. In contrast, Beech Sierra with 200 hp and retract gear is similar to Piper Arrow.  

1 hour ago, sd_flyer said:

Actually not close at all. Musketeer is 160hp,  fixed wheels - it is close to Piper Warrior. In contrast, Beech Sierra with 200 hp and retract gear is similar to Piper Arrow.  

I meant in appearance...

Rhett

In the comments on the video, FSW confirm that the Sierra will come with both G3X and analogue versions!

Bill

UK LAPL-A

6 hours ago, JYW said:

In the comments on the video, FSW confirm that the Sierra will come with both G3X and analogue versions!

Oh well that makes it a no-brainer then 🙂

Edited by Matchstick

16 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

No.  The Musketeer I fly is 200 hp.  It's a Musketeer Super III.  I already wrote the rest above.  We don't have fixed pitch prop or retract ear but ours is fuel injected too like the Sierra.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

9 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

No.  The Musketeer I fly is 200 hp.  It's a Musketeer Super III.  I already wrote the rest above.  We don't have fixed pitch prop or retract ear but ours is fuel injected too like the Sierra.

That is rare one

Just now, sd_flyer said:

That is rare one

There's actually quite a few variants.  It's not super rare... they make up about 10% of the total musketeers built.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

29 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

There's actually quite a few variants.  It's not super rare... they make up about 10% of the total musketeers built.

Back in early 2000 musketeer were super popular but hard to come but hard to find. Before boom with LSA Masketeers and Cherokee 140 were one of the cheapest time builders. I actually soloed in Cherokee 140 bought by fellow student pilot for flight training. He almost bought Masketeers but its owner change his mind last minute.

With that exotic line up I was able to fly Debonair and Sierra which I consider rare comparing with Bonanzas and Dutchess (which  I also flew )