Sign in to follow this  
rutrA

SU15 BETA available now!

6 minutes ago, ThomseN_inc said:

What does that mean? How do i pair them?

IRL The G3X has an internal GPS, but it's VFR only, meaning it will not load IFR approaches. But it can be hooked up to an external navigator (like a GTN or even a GNS530), and hopefully we will have this option via mods...

From experience, when flying the G3X coupled to a navigator, all flight plan editing should be done in the external nav unit (changes will be transferred to the G3X flight plan) but if you modify the FPL directly in the G3X you must enable "internal GPS" and then send to external navigator (GTN) and accept the changes in the GTN. It's a very cumbersome workflow....just stay with the GTN for everything flightplanning ..

• Like 1

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

21 minutes ago, ThomseN_inc said:

What does that mean? How do i pair them?

The G3X Touch, on its own, is a VFR only device (as in real life). Only if the plane includes a compatible external navigator (something like a GNS or GTN) can the unit then display the IFR guidance from the external navigators.

On release, the WT GNS430W and GNS530W are compatible, which means aircraft that include both a G3X and a GNS can have IFR capabilities, if the aircraft developer has used the new panel.xml options to correctly point the units at each other to communicate. Third party navigators can also be made compatible by using the MSFS Avionics Framework to synchronize the numerous data points required between the units. We will be releasing documentation and framework packages that third party developers can use to do this during the SU15 beta. Also as in real life, though, a great deal is shared between the units, so there is definitely some developer work required for the third party navigators.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MattNischan said:

The G3X Touch, on its own, is a VFR only device (as in real life). Only if the plane includes a compatible external navigator (something like a GNS or GTN) can the unit then display the IFR guidance from the external navigators.

On release, the WT GNS430W and GNS530W are compatible, which means aircraft that include both a G3X and a GNS can have IFR capabilities, if the aircraft developer has used the new panel.xml options to correctly point the units at each other to communicate. Third party navigators can also be made compatible by using the MSFS Avionics Framework to synchronize the numerous data points required between the units. We will be releasing documentation and framework packages that third party developers can use to do this during the SU15 beta. Also as in real life, though, a great deal is shared between the units, so there is definitely some developer work required for the third party navigators.

Ah got it! So i basically can't use the combination for the XCub right? Thanks for the info!

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

Ground Contact Resolution Improvements

• More accurate ground contact model.
  • Optional soft ground collision model for tires / flexible gears.
  • Enabled new soft gears on C172 and Cabri.
  • New high accuracy physics system to enable vibrations and micro movements.

Woohoo! For those of you good souls testing the beta, please provide any and all feedback on ground handling with the C172 🙂 TIA

Really hope all the major 3rd party aircraft devs out there adopt these FM features/parameters quickly.

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

How long will it take this time until we realize that the performance gains were simply achieved by (another) downgrade of visuals? 🤣 sorry, slightly pessimistic due to the experience since release...

• Like 7
  • Upvote 3

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

3 minutes ago, AnkH said:

How long will it take this time until we realize that the performance gains were simply achieved by (another) downgrade of visuals? 🤣 sorry, slightly pessimistic due to the experience since release...

That's right, sim update 5 broke the visuals and the xbox integration also did the same

• Like 2

@Matt I don't see any of the AI improvements that were talked about on dev stream implemented in the first beta. Is there more AI improvements coming in future fightings?

2 minutes ago, Duncan Odgers said:

@Matt I don't see any of the AI improvements that were talked about on dev stream implemented in the first beta. Is there more AI improvements coming in future fightings?

I wasn't involved there, so unfortunately I don't have any information about any of those features. Probably a better question for the official forums.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Duncan Odgers said:

It's only that one of your team mentioned better model matching etc...

The item you're referring to is this one in the changelog and is in the beta:

• Initial work on improving plane and livery model matching for live traffic aircraft. It will now try to partially match aircraft types of the same airlines, if a specific livery or model is not installed. As a last resort it will try to fall back to an airline that generally serves the current airport or region.

We were not involved in any other AI traffic changes so I can't really comment.

22 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

Ground Contact Resolution Improvements

• More accurate ground contact model.
  • Optional soft ground collision model for tires / flexible gears.
  • Enabled new soft gears on C172 and Cabri.
  • New high accuracy physics system to enable vibrations and micro movements.

Woohoo! For those of you good souls testing the beta, please provide any and all feedback on ground handling with the C172 🙂 TIA

Really hope all the major 3rd party aircraft devs out there adopt these FM features/parameters quickly.

Flying with it now. I can't find where this optional soft ground collision model is activated at the time. I noticed the chassis bounces a bit more around on the ground but that's about it, the rest depends on activating that optional thing.

Any suggestion for checking this high accuracy physics system with vibrations and micro movements? I would expect vibrations to occur on the ground when testing full power for example, or near stall perhaps?

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

1 minute ago, Pastaiolo said:

the rest depends on activating that optional thing.

This system is optional for developers, not for end users. If this system is enabled in the aircraft CFG files (as it is for the 172), then it will be used in-sim and no further user action is required.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MattNischan said:

This system is optional for developers, not for end users. If this system is enabled in the aircraft CFG files (as it is for the 172), then it will be used in-sim and no further user action is required.

Thanks Matt, always with spot on info! 🙂

• Like 1

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Live traffic Model and Livery matching is a lot better than has been recently.

There are still some minor issues. Like I had an American Airlines A321Neo that spawned as an American Airlines A319.

AIG does have A321Neos with American Airlines liveries, so it wasn't a missing asset issue. has the proper ICAO and airline code.

Airline Fallback seems to be working. For example AIG doesn't have United A321 Neo liveries yet so the sim spawned a united 737 in its place.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, MattNischan said:

Thanks Matt, are the new FM parameters documented in the SDK docs anywhere yet? Sounds like some of these are a binary choices for aircraft devs to enable or disable.. but I suppose some of the other five new parameters might need values tuned to the specific aircraft?

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD