Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

FlyTampa EHAM Amsterdam Schiphol

Does anyone else experience long load times for the buildings and objects at FlyTampa EHAM Amsterdam Schiphol? After the scenario has loaded, it can take up to two minutes for all of the buildings to appear. I am thinking that it may be a VRAM issue (I have 6GB on the GTX 980Ti), but I do not have the same problem at (for example) IniBuilds EGLL London Heathrow, and that is also a very dense scenery area.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

It can happen, depending on the scenery. I see something similar at Simwings Berlin/Brandenburg. 

I had a RTX 3060 with an I7 and Flytampa's EHAM loaded fine.

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

Everything works fine once it has loaded, and framerates are good.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

25 minutes ago, motishow said:

This scenery since first day  is a FPS killer, 

dont worry flytampa CYYZ is missing a couple of runways.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

Just to report that I don't have loading issue at all. 

I agree that the scenery is really heavy (on my system) and I also hope for a further optimization in the future.

5 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

Really? Which Runways are missing in FlyTampas CYYZ?

What about the big snow exclusion problem underneath the airport?
Is it still present in the latest version of FlyTampa EHAM?

There's a big area "under" the airport location that doesn't accumulate snow. I guess no one noticed, because there ain't much snow in The Netherlands right?

8 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

They have more than 5?

• Like 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Maybe a bit of topic but EHLE was announced by IBlueyonder and on several sites last week.

Now all references are gone from announcement from Iblueyonder's site, facebook

Have a look at f.i. https://www.thresholdx.net/news/ibylel

Anybody some info?

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

Runways with its lightings have their impact on the framerate. 
Schiphol has 6 of them.

Also you are not only loading Schiphol but also Amsterdam which is next to Schiphol.

And there are many waters and canals which take time to load. 

Schiphol is one of the heaviest airports for your system 

Edited by GSalden
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

VRAM usage is quite an issue for MSFS, especially some big addon airports and photosceneries.  I have 10 GB on my RTX3080 and regularly overload my VRAM.  The major issue is that DX12 uses way more of it than it should.  

I would go back to DX11 but lose too much performance by doing so.  Running at 1080 was never an issue but at 1440 it is and I can't imagine anyone being able to run a lot of the addons I do at 4K even with a monster graphics card.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

with RTX3070 i have 18  FPS using this airport with fenix A320 , this is a very bad optimitazed airport

43 minutes ago, motishow said:

with RTX3070 i have 18  FPS using this airport with fenix A320 , this is a very bad optimitazed airport

I think the problem here is Fenix. I have both PMDG and Fenix and the latter needs an update in memory usage. PMDG performs better at EHAM.

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5