Sign in to follow this  
iFlySimX

Sim Update 15 Beta - 1.37.4.0

I hope you guys test as much as possible and report all the issues that you can. Thanks.

• Like 1

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

6 hours ago, YVR_23 said:

The issue is mentioned in the release notes as a known bug which will be addressed in the next update.

I know , thats why I put “indeed” in my post 

14 hours ago, DAD said:

Come on. They gave a reason why they dropped the update anyway- to verify they are on the right track to eliminate CTDs. And yes, this is still a beta and no early access pre release. So I will happily keep testing though had no CTDs nor will I be affected by the 3 known issues

Exactly... too many people treat these betas as early access to new features/fixes and then naively expect stability and no regressions. These betas are meant for those actually willing to test and give feedback and report issues, knowing that regressions and instability (however minor or major, however unintentional or intentional) might and will come about during the beta period. In this case they intentionally released an interim beta build with some known major regressions in order to give more exposure/time to other areas of changes that needs testing.

Given that MS/Asobo don't yet have a process/setup where the stable/released MSFS client can be used concurrently with a new beta, those expecting to get the benefit of new features with stability and no regressions really should stay away.. that's the reason I stay away 🙂 

In any case, much thanks to all who truly beta test (despite the ups and downs of the beta cooking process) and in the end contribute to making the final SU releases better overall!

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

14 hours ago, iFlySimX said:

I'm not complaining at all....I just thought only default planes would have been affected because they said "certain".

Happy testing 🙂

they meant all a/c without revers thrust are not concerned ...;-)

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Performance in the beta continue to amaze me. With the right settings it's basically stutter-free. Also the latest build seems more stable - no CTDs yet. 

This is a 30 minute benchmark from STAR and approach into Macco Simulations EGCC in the Fenix with FSLTL. Settings ultra @ 5461x2880 using DLDSR and DLSS ultra quality. Using the latest FG-DLSS version (3.5.10) and resizable BAR forced on. FPS locked @ 60 using RTSS w/ front edge sync. Frame time variance was 98.67% <2ms. 

JXWgyZn.jpeg

Here's a screenshot with the RTSS overlay: 

TKWfbm9.jpeg

Core utilization is impressive (DX12, HT on):

CPuBc0H.jpeg

Average sensor values:

vg1tthY.jpeg

y3HuQOR.jpeg

And btw reverse thrust did work. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 2

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

I don't know what people are concerned about.  Thrust reversers are for wusses anyway.  Nothing wrong with getting them brakes glowing orange and using a bit of grass at the end of the runway.  What else is it there for?

Same with floats - Pah!  Can't land on the water?  Just scrape it down on the runway.  Replacement floats are cheaper than replacing the landing gear, plus you don't knock your prop about normally due to the extra clearance.

And as for gliders.  Don't do the winch.  Just slew to 100,000 feet - Helluva fun!    PS. Don't forget to take that oxygen bottle with you and some duct tape to seal the canopy.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 7

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

1 hour ago, bobcat999 said:

Thrust reversers are for wusses anyway.  Nothing wrong with getting them brakes glowing orange and using a bit of grass at the end of the runway.  What else is it there for?

To be perfectly honest I actually don't use the reversers most of the time. They only help to keep the brakes cooler, and since I don't do Ryanairstyle turn arounds on my flights, I can live with the breaks getting a little more workout. Many airports prohibit the use of reversers above idle thrust anyway for noise abetement reasons.

• Like 1

There are no noise abatement procedures at any airport on my PC. I enjoy using the thrust reversers exclusively in my PMDG 737-600 after touchdown and down to 70 knots. Only then do I kick in the brakes. Part of the fun of watching airliners land in the real world is hearing those thrust reversers in action, and the same is true when I am in my virtual cockpit.

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

3 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Performance in the beta continue to amaze me. With the right settings it's basically stutter-free. Also the latest build seems more stable - no CTDs yet. 

This is a 30 minute benchmark from STAR and approach into Macco Simulations EGCC in the Fenix with FSLTL. Settings ultra @ 5461x2880 using DLDSR and DLSS ultra quality. Using the latest FG-DLSS version (3.5.10) and resizable BAR forced on. FPS locked @ 60 using RTSS w/ front edge sync. Frame time variance was 98.67% <2ms. 

JXWgyZn.jpeg

Here's a screenshot with the RTSS overlay: 

TKWfbm9.jpeg

Core utilization is impressive (DX12, HT on):

CPuBc0H.jpeg

Average sensor values:

vg1tthY.jpeg

y3HuQOR.jpeg

And btw reverse thrust did work. 

yes but maybe because you have 260 processes running? not critism but just asking

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

1 minute ago, pilotter said:

yes but maybe because you have 260 processes running? not critism but just asking

Not sure what you mean by this… btw I can take some criticism ☺️

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

11 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Not sure what you mean by this… btw I can take some criticism ☺️

You mention your cpu usage, all cores in use but if you have 260processes running is this not normal?

I have 85 processes running including all Fenix, VDGS and MAD processes. On my 7950x3d I use process lasso. MSFS is only program running on CCD0 and for sure I can spread it over multiple cores, best is still around 4 to 5 cores at the moment.

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

3 minutes ago, pilotter said:

You mention your cpu usage, all cores in use but if you have 260processes running is this not normal?

Ah, got it. Yes I have a lot of background processing running. Probably too many 😅

I used to assign MSFS to certain cores and Fenix etc to others, but lately this has made a mess of things and I’ve stopped doing it. I just enable highest performance and cpu priority with MSFS.

5 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Ah, got it. Yes I have a lot of background processing running. Probably too many 😅

I used to assign MSFS to certain cores and Fenix etc to others, but lately this has made a mess of things and I’ve stopped doing it. I just enable highest performance and cpu priority with MSFS.

I have nothing special running and have 187 processes running.

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

32 active processes without running MSFS according to Lasso. Along with the sim I run Fenix (usually), TDS GTN when flying GA, FSLTL, GSX pro, autoLOD, AIFlow, AIGround.

Edited by Cpt_Piett

56 minutes ago, pilotter said:

I have 85 processes running including all Fenix, VDGS and MAD processes. On my 7950x3d I use process lasso. MSFS is only program running on CCD0 and for sure I can spread it over multiple cores, best is still around 4 to 5 cores at the moment.

It just occured to me that most of the active processes hardly use any system resources at all. Hence, most of the core activity seen in task manager is from MSFS. 

Q6P8LOE.jpeg

Edited by Cpt_Piett