2 minutes ago, mmcmah said:

1000@1000 Base and 20@5000

Especially as I got over the island of Manhattan, as the OLOD increased I had slight stutters every time the adjustments happened. Maybe they are happening too quickly (or too many steps?) when approaching an area with a lot of objects?

Basically you did it to yourself with going from 1000 OLOD to 20 over 4000 ft. That's too great a change. Either reduce your starting OLOD or significantly increase your top altitude by 10x!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 5200x5200 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

6 minutes ago, pilotter said:

I assume this will not work when the GPU is the limiting factor?

It will work but only if you set your TLOD min to be quite high and enable cloud reduction so that cloud quality gets reduced in GPU intense situations.

• Like 2

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 5200x5200 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

21 minutes ago, Reset XPDR said:

Basically you did it to yourself with going from 1000 OLOD to 20 over 4000 ft. That's too great a change. Either reduce your starting OLOD or significantly increase your top altitude by 10x!

I will try various combinations to see what works best. Thanks again.

How does TLOD determine when to hit the max?

36 minutes ago, mmcmah said:

When it has enough FPS headroom to get there.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Reset XPDR said:

When it has enough FPS headroom to get there.

Excellent solution

1 hour ago, mmcmah said:

I will try various combinations to see what works best. Thanks again.

Tell us which looks better

5 hours ago, Corsten said:

OLOD @ Base is maximum of 200? It is the ObjectLOD value in the ground, under 1000ft. And starts to decrease after 5000ft. Thats what im understanding this.

I set OLOD at base to a ridiculously high value of 1000 to test if it worked. It did. Basically it would be at max at or below base alt then gradually decrease until you reach min value at top alt. 

From other posts since the test version released, I think the way I set it (base 1000AGL top 5000AGL) is too narrow a range for the app to change OLOD from 1000 to 20… It could have been the cause of some of the stutters I encountered. I’ll set it to a wider range and report back.

I also think think it can be useful at times to have max OLOD higher than default. This way most buildings and objects will stay in view when close to the ground. Also OLED doesn’t have nearly as much impact on performance as TLOD does.

Im fairly sure that when I was at low altitude (with a very high OLOD), I didn’t see any objects or buildings popping in, which usually happens without the mod.

You have only 32 fps and target is 55fps. Should it be closer to 55fps?

I have FG on. The FPS was twice that i.e. around 64, but the app cannot show this when MSFS is not in focus. 

@Reset XPDR I suggest to investigate, is there way to disable ground services, when airborne. Msfs injects lots of airport simobjects, when flying near. It so unnesseary injection of simobjects, when not in ground. There is LOD settings MSFS is playing, but there is still something to inject when investigating simobjects via Dev mode tools.

I would think this is a situation where the new OLOD feature of the app becomes very useful. Like you say, it’s not necessary to have lots of ground objects in view when airborne. I’m pretty sure the app would take care of this when setup correctly.

4 hours ago, RJC68 said:

I could hear his fans from Canada 🤣

Haha, good one! And btw an excellent result there with CPX. It doesn’t get much better, does it?

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

Sorry if this is a dumb question but what is TLOD and OLOD?  Thanks.

Jack Sawyer

I want to ask, bcs looks like I do not understand OLOD. Why some or all guys put OLOD very high when on ground snd very low when at cruise? What is the case? I know TLOD is better to have low when on ground and high when in cruise, but why OLOD the other way?

Thanks for explanation.

19 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Sorry if this is a dumb question but what is TLOD and OLOD?  Thanks.

TLOD = Terrain LOD (Level of Detail)

OLED = Object LOD (Level of Detail)

• Like 1

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

1 minute ago, iFlySimX said:

TLOD = Terrain LOD (Level of Detail)

OLED = Object LOD (Level of Detail)

Thank you.  Are these setting I can change in the sim itself or can only this app do it?

Jack Sawyer

9 minutes ago, Jovzin said:

I want to ask, bcs looks like I do not understand OLOD. Why some or all guys put OLOD very high when on ground snd very low when at cruise? What is the case? I know TLOD is better to have low when on ground and high when in cruise, but why OLOD the other way?

Thanks for explanation.

OLOD places object on the ground (GSE, tugs, etc). I had thought it only affected airport objects, but I think it might extend to other parts as well. However, it's stuff on the ground and so it's not really needed the higher you go.

• Like 2

Just now, Jack_Sawyer said:

Thank you.  Are these setting I can change in the sim itself or can only this app do it?

Yes, they can be changed in sim to a max of 200 for TLOD and 400 for OLOD in the sim menu.

• Like 1

Just now, Jack_Sawyer said:

In the MSFS graphics settings. They are sliders...you will see them there.

• Upvote 1

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case