14 minutes ago, Paladin2005 said:

Is there any idea, why this tool is close to unusable to me due to second long stutters and generall stuttery experience when flying around.

When i dont use it, i have more or less stable 40-60 fps (LOD 200, 4K resolution, DLAA, DX11, most settings on High or Ultra).

Do i have to deactivate something in the graphic settings so have this great experience most people describe?

Post a picture of how you have it set up.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Paladin2005 said:

Is there any idea, why this tool is close to unusable to me due to second long stutters and generall stuttery experience when flying around.

When i dont use it, i have more or less stable 40-60 fps (LOD 200, 4K resolution, DLAA, DX11, most settings on High or Ultra).

Do i have to deactivate something in the graphic settings so have this great experience most people describe?

You shouldn't have to deactivate anything to get it working well. It is most likely the app settings you are using are too aggressive for your system's capability. Can you post up your main system specs and the app settings you have set.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 5200x5200 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Posted (edited)

First time user of Auto FPS (I used the auto TLOD program and it was great).

I run a mid range gaming laptop with a 3080 and am looking for 45FPS with FG on.

What's the verdict on auto cloud quality?  Do we leave it on or off?  I'm a bit worried about the change back and forth between medium and high killing my immersion but I haven't tested enough yet.  What do you guys do?  Does the whole bank of clouds sort of pop back and forth in quality or is it more subtle?

Edited by Langeveldt

10 hours ago, Langeveldt said:

First time user of Auto FPS (I used the auto TLOD program and it was great).

I run a mid range gaming laptop with a 3080 and am looking for 45FPS with FG on.

What's the verdict on auto cloud quality?  Do we leave it on or off?  I'm a bit worried about the change back and forth between medium and high killing my immersion but I haven't tested enough yet.  What do you guys do?  Does the whole bank of clouds sort of pop back and forth in quality or is it more subtle?

It's really up to you and the only way to find out is to try it. If you are concerned about clouds switching quality all the time, note that they (currently) only switch quality when you are at TLOD min and your FPS is still lower than your target FSP, ie as a last resort, and you can set the minimum TLOD level at which the clouds recover so the higher you set this the less likely you are to see cloud quality changing very often.

In a soon to be released update, I will be expanding the cloud quality reduction feature to be trigger-able based on GPU load and act independently of TLOD automation.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 5200x5200 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Yeah, my hard stop is keeping clouds ultra. Everything else can suffer since my focus is usually in the clouds flying. Haha. I have since switched back to Dynamic LOD using VERY small TLOD increments to help with stutters on TO and Approach/Final. So far so good.

My hardware is limiting.

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Dukes, Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

On 5/7/2024 at 9:51 PM, Reset XPDR said:

That will do it, however any auto-start options will still be present and just won't activate and you shouldn't get an error message. You could also run the original installer and there is a remove option, which removes everything cleanly.

Well I do have the original installer at it seem there is no remove option. However there are is an option "do not configure Auto start" which I select and then install expecting that although the program is still installed it will not auto start with MSFS but it still does.

OK, It turns out the remove option for DymanicLOD was added for version 0.3.3. I was using the 0.3.1 installer which did not have the remove option.😁

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I freshly installed auto-fps (test) from the authors link a few pages back.

Set it to auto-start with MSFS.  The install appeared to go fine.

Reboot the PC, tried to launch MSFS.  Just a second of the round progress wheel, then nothing.  The sim will not launch.

Checked in task mgr;  it's not running.

This must be user error, but don't know what I did wrong.  It's a dedicated Win 11 MSFS desktop.  I purposely keep it very clean.

Help please!  ...and thank you.

PS:  I ran the recommended uninstall by ensuring the app is not resident.  Then ran uninstaller.  Received a message that the app was successfully removed.  Rebooted.  Still, MSFS will not launch.

Edited by markmco

Best Regards,

Mark

i7 10700KF 3.8gHz -125W air cooled, 500W PSU, 4070 Dual OC 12GB, 32GB 3200, 43" P4317Q

Redbird Alloy RD1, Honeycomb Alpha, Bravo, Stream Deck, Quest 3

2 hours ago, markmco said:

I freshly installed auto-fps (test) from the authors link a few pages back.

Set it to auto-start with MSFS.  The install appeared to go fine.

Reboot the PC, tried to launch MSFS.  Just a second of the round progress wheel, then nothing.  The sim will not launch.

Checked in task mgr;  it's not running.

This must be user error, but don't know what I did wrong.  It's a dedicated Win 11 MSFS desktop.  I purposely keep it very clean.

Help please!  ...and thank you.

PS:  I ran the recommended uninstall by ensuring the app is not resident.  Then ran uninstaller.  Received a message that the app was successfully removed.  Rebooted.  Still, MSFS will not launch.

Sorry you are experiencing this. This is the first time I have heard of this happening.

If you had set the app to auto-start with MSFS, the only thing that directly changes with MSFS is the EXE.xml file, located in the MSFS root user directory (MS Store Version: "C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft. FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\ or Steam Version: "C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator").  It adds this specific section and removes it when you select uninstall:

<Launch.Addon>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Name>MSFS2020_AutoFPS</Name>
    <Path>C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\MSFS2020_AutoFPS\bin\MSFS2020_AutoFPS.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

For troubleshooting purposes, try renaming EXE.xml to EXE.xml.bak and then see if MSFS starts. If it does start, your EXE.xml file may have become corrupted. If so, then message me your EXE.xml(.bak) file contents and I will see if I can work out what has become corrupted. If it still doesn't start then something else other than this app has corrupted your MSFS install and you will need to consider what else changed with your system around this time. In either case, rename EXE.xml.bak back to EXE.xml.

1 hour ago, Reset XPDR said:

Sorry you are experiencing this. This is the first time I have heard of this happening.

If you had set the app to auto-start with MSFS, the only thing that directly changes with MSFS is the EXE.xml file, located in the MSFS root user directory (MS Store Version: "C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft. FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\ or Steam Version: "C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator").  It adds this specific section and removes it when you select uninstall:

<Launch.Addon>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Name>MSFS2020_AutoFPS</Name>
    <Path>C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\MSFS2020_AutoFPS\bin\MSFS2020_AutoFPS.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

For troubleshooting purposes, try renaming EXE.xml to EXE.xml.bak and then see if MSFS starts. If it does start, your EXE.xml file may have become corrupted. If so, then message me your EXE.xml(.bak) file contents and I will see if I can work out what has become corrupted. If it still doesn't start then something else other than this app has corrupted your MSFS install and you will need to consider what else changed with your system around this time. In either case, rename EXE.xml.bak back to EXE.xml.

Thank you for the detailed response.

I ended up doing a repair on MSFS from the XBox Live app (running PC version).   That seemed to do it.  I had one strange CTD, then seemed to be okay.  

I will test more tonight.

From the shear number of users that run this, it must be something I did or something unique on my install.  Not sure.  I am tempted to try the install again because it seems like an amazing app.  I certainly appreciate all the effort you put into this.

Best,

Mark

• Like 1

Best Regards,

Mark

i7 10700KF 3.8gHz -125W air cooled, 500W PSU, 4070 Dual OC 12GB, 32GB 3200, 43" P4317Q

Redbird Alloy RD1, Honeycomb Alpha, Bravo, Stream Deck, Quest 3

56 minutes ago, markmco said:

Thank you for the detailed response.

I ended up doing a repair on MSFS from the XBox Live app (running PC version).   That seemed to do it.  I had one strange CTD, then seemed to be okay.  

I will test more tonight.

From the shear number of users that run this, it must be something I did or something unique on my install.  Not sure.  I am tempted to try the install again because it seems like an amazing app.  I certainly appreciate all the effort you put into this.

Best,

Mark

I'm glad you got MSFS going again. If you do install the app again, try installing without any auto-start options so that you can guarantee that the EXE.xml and any other MSFS file isn't modified.

• Like 1

AutoFPS v0.4.2.14-test can be downloaded here. Feedback welcome as always.

Summary of changes since v0.4.2.13-test:

• Extended the new decrease cloud option based on GPU load to all AutoLOD automation methods to provide users using FPS Tolerance or FPS Sensitivity a choice of either TLOD or GPU Load to activate and recover cloud reduction to suit their use case. IFR and VFR flight modes will use the same cloud reduction method. The user will be notified in status bar if GPU load is selected and GPU-Z is not running.
  • Default OLOD values are now restored immediately when the Auto OLOD option is unchecked.
  • Reduced reset window position timer from 60 seconds to 10 seconds to reduce changes of inadvertent resetting of the window position.

Summary of all changes since v0.4.2.10 formal release:

• Functionality changes
    • Added decrease cloud option with user definable cloud reduction and recovery GPU loads for all AutoLOD automation methods.
      • Requires GPU-Z companion app to be running in order to provide the app with GPU load information.
      • To better facilitate this, GPU-Z can now be started at any time and the GPU-Z gpu load reading is now a 5 second average to smooth out transient GPU load spikes.
      • The user will be notified in status bar if GPU load is selected and GPU-Z is not running.
      • IFR and VFR flight modes will use the same cloud reduction method.
    • Added LOD Step Size setting in AutoTLOD automation mode to allow users experiencing stuttering issues to try different LOD step sizes to help resolve the issue. The default value is 5.
  • UI improvements
    • The user can progressively hide parts of the UI when the app window is double clicked anywhere that is not a control. The first double click will hide the expert settings section (if applicable), the second will hide the general settings section and a third double click will restore all hidden settings sections. The last state in use will be restored when next starting the app.
    • The app will now remember whether it was visible in previous session and will restore that state on next startup.
    • The app will now automatically reset window position to default (50,50) if the app is restarted within 10 seconds of last closing to allow users a simple way to recover window visibility if last window saved position is off screen and can't otherwise be recovered.
  • Miscellaneous fixes
    • Fixed logging function so that sim values will be recorded even if app window is hidden.
    • Fixed issue where MSFS could be incorrectly detected as being paused when over water at a near constant speed due to rounding.
    • Default OLOD values are now restored immediately when the Auto OLOD option is unchecked.

Decrease Cloud Quality (original) TLOD method:

image.png?ex=663f33e7&is=663de267&hm=d13

Decrease Cloud Quality GPU Load method with GPU-Z running:

image.png?ex=663f33d9&is=663de259&hm=2e9

Decrease Cloud Quality GPU Load method without GPU-Z running:

image.png?ex=663f33ed&is=663de26d&hm=1ec

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

@Reset XPDR

When Unchecking OLOD the app (b14) crashes.. It happens on both pc’s.

Freshly downloaded and just want to Uncheck OLOD.

When restarting the app OLOD is unchecked.

That did not happen with all other test versions ( tested up to b12 before )

Edited by GSalden

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

2 minutes ago, GSalden said:

@Reset XPDR

When Unchecking OLOD the app (b14) crashes.. It happens on both pc’s.

Freshly downloaded and just want to Uncheck OLOD.

That did not happen with all other test versions ( tested up to b12 before )

Thanks for letting me know. I'll look into it but I think I know what it is already and will come up with a fix very shortly. In the interim, if you only uncheck when all three app status items are green(ie. you are in an active flight) it shouldn't crash.

• Like 1