What's the best way to unistall the old Dynamic LOD app before trying out this one? Thanks

19 minutes ago, james_d said:

What's the best way to unistall the old Dynamic LOD app before trying out this one? Thanks

Run the installer and select remove although there is no need to uninstall it, just don't run them at the same time

• Like 2

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

My TLOD isnt changing, stays at minimun. Using SU15beta. GPU load´s only 40% and i have capped to 72fps with 144hz monitor. Is that the case, because fps is locked?

23 minutes ago, Corsten said:

My TLOD isnt changing, stays at minimun. Using SU15beta. GPU load´s only 40% and i have capped to 72fps with 144hz monitor. Is that the case, because fps is locked?

When locking FPS it's important to lower the target FPS in the app. E.g. I'm locked to 60 and set target FPS to 55. Generally target FPS should be at least 5% lower than locked FPS. 

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

7 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

When locking FPS it's important to lower the target FPS in the app. E.g. I'm locked to 60 and set target FPS to 55. Generally target FPS should be at least 5% lower than locked FPS. 

ok good to know. This is amazing app. No hick ups and stutters when app is changing tlod values. Cant wait to try in VR. This + Aiflow´s AIcull feature is heaven for VR flyers with AI traffic.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mikeklimek said:

Now let's say I'm a user that decides I want to turn on and use FG.  I load into an airport and am sitting in the cockpit ready to go---the app now senses I'm using FG, so it'll switch to 'Target FG FPS'. Since I'm now using FG, I would go into that field and enter 60 fps because that's double my 'real' framerate, and what I want the app to maintain when I'm using FG.

I thought you enter the FPS before FG? That was the answer above 🤔

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

Just a quick note to say thanks for all your hard work on this. I've been following the various iterations over the last few weeks and months, but finally decided to give it a try. I must say it's VERY impressive - I look forward to seeing how it develops further!

One question: could this utility control DLSS settings too?  DLSS can get pretty ugly, especially over water, but obviously it's a very valuable tool for squeezing out more frames. Having a way to automate DLSS mode switching would be interesting - although I guess that's the intent behind DLSS "Automatic" mode, but to be honest it seems to want to use quite high (i.e. ugly) levels of super-sampling.

Edited by FlakNine

"Fame and fortune"

Bit of coverage could lead to a bunch of new users 👍

https://fselite.net/content/new-free-auto-fps-tuning-tool-released-for-msfs/

• Like 4

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

2 hours ago, omarsmak30 said:

Think of it this way: the value you enter is only going to apply for the configuration that is displaying in the app at that moment based on what the app is "sensing" your configuration to be.  So if you want to ENSURE you're entering/using a specific fps for when you're using FG (i.e., double your "true" frame rate), the app needs to be displaying 'Target FG FPS' within the app's 'General' section---and you enter your value for that.  

If at any time you're seeing 'Target PC FPS' in the app and enter a value, that value will only apply/be used when you're NOT using FG or VR.  

The example I used above about loading into airport and sitting in the cockpit was only because that's when I'm always acutely aware and reminded I'm using FG, and that label appears in the app.  But forget about WHEN you enter the value, i.e., sitting in the cockpit, whatever.  It's really WHAT is appearing in the app at that moment that will use the value you enter for it.

So if I open the app and see 'Target PC FPS' displaying, that is what it will use when I've got FG turned off or not using FG.  If I see 'Target FG FPS' displaying, then I've got FG active and it's using the value I've entered for that setting.

So I theoretically if I wanted to, I could enter 25 fps for 'Target PC FPS' that it will use when I have FG turned off, and I can separately enter 40 fps for 'Target FG FPS' for when it sees I have FG turned on.

Edited by mikeklimek
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, omarsmak30 said:

Ah is answered here 

so basically FPS before FG aka the one is reported in MSFS not Nvidia overlay 

No, I never said "before" FG. It is simply your desired Target FG FPS, ie "with".

• Like 2

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 5200x5200 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Hi and thank you so much @Reset XPDR for this wonderful app!

Question: I have FG (in MSFS settings) turned on, however in the app it says:  DX 12 | FG Mode Inactive | Trigger Alt: 2000 Primed: False Active: False

The only thing I do not understand is why the message in the app says "FG Mode Inactive" when in reality, it is?

Thank you.

Edited by KERNEL32

2 hours ago, omarsmak30 said:

You need to set FG-FPS in the app - even though the app cannot show FG-FPS. It only shows native FPS as MSFS is not in focus when using the app (hence FG is inactive). It's a bit confusing, yes. 

10 hours ago, Reset XPDR said:

Yes, you input your desired Target FG FPS, hence the label Target FG FPS.

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

5 minutes ago, KERNEL32 said:

Hi and thank you so much @Reset XPDR for this wonderful app!

Question: I have FG mode turned on, however in the app it says:  DX 12 | FG Mode Inactive | Trigger Alt: 2000 Primed: False Active: False

The only thing I do not understand is why the message in the app says "FG Mode Inactive" when in reality, it is?

Thank you.

No, FG is not active when MSFS has lost focus. FG Inactive specifically means you are using FG in MSFS but it is currently inactive. When MSFS has the focus, FG becomes active and the app will show that, it's just you can't see it unless you have the app on a separate monitor because as soon as you put the app in front of MSFS FG becomes inactive. It is just how FG works and is nothing to do with my app. I am going to update the readme with more detail for FG users as this is obviously confusing for some users.

Edited by Reset XPDR

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 5200x5200 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

3 minutes ago, Reset XPDR said:

No, FG is not active when MSFS has lost focus. It is just how FG works and is nothing to do with my app. I am going to update the readme with more detail for FG users as this is obviously confusing for some users.

Ohhh ok got it now! I simply made MSFS into a window and moved it over some so I can see the AutoFPS window and now see where it triggers over to "FG Mode Active" when I put MSFS into focus.
Thank you again! This is so awesome!

• Like 1