7 minutes ago, Reset XPDR said:

A few users have had issues with EXE.xml changes. The installer simply finds your EXE.exe, looks for an existing autostart for this app and if it doesn't find one it adds it. The usual issue is that EXE.xml doesn't exist as it is only created when a third party app needs it for autostarting. My app doesn't create one yet, but I may add that in future.

I have an exe.xml file with other entries. It simply doesn't edit it. I have also tried running the application as administrator and it still doesn't modify it.

23 minutes ago, mmcmah said:

I have an exe.xml file with other entries. It simply doesn't edit it. I have also tried running the application as administrator and it still doesn't modify it.

I have no idea why that is happening on your specific system. The only way I could fix something like that is to run the code in debug mode on your system and single step through the autostart module and see what is causing the hangup, and that is obviously not going to happen unless you purchased the "fly Reset to your location and fix stuff" support package. 😄

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

I installed the app last night and very impressed. I have a problem with the app only showing 3/4 of the panel. The left 1/4 is missing and I can't drag it larger or maximize it. Therefore I can't make some adjustments. Anyone has a similar problem?

6 minutes ago, petejohno1 said:

I installed the app last night and very impressed. I have a problem with the app only showing 3/4 of the panel. The left 1/4 is missing and I can't drag it larger or maximize it. Therefore I can't make some adjustments. Anyone has a similar problem?

I believe you need to go into your windows settings and adjust your text size. You either have it set too small or too large (I forget which one it is). 

• Like 1

i9-13900K | 6400MHz DDR5 (32GB) | GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | ViewSonic 27in QHD VA 165Hz Curved | Windows 10 |

MSFS Premium Deluxe | PMDG 737 | PMDG 777 | Horizon 787-9

Marc

8 minutes ago, aurel42 said:

So... what does the Cloud Recovery TLOD "+" do?

I'll update the test version readme notes with a bit more detail.

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Is it  possible that the latest version is giving me much better FPS, than I had with previous version?  

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

6 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Is it  possible that the latest version is giving me much better FPS, than I had with previous version?  

Not really, but I am happy to claim the credit 😄

• Like 6

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, verbal said:

I believe you need to go into your windows settings and adjust your text size. You either have it set too small or too large (I forget which one it is). 

Thanks . I will give that a try.

PS. That worked !

Edited by petejohno1
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, Reset XPDR said:

I'll update the test version readme notes with a bit more detail.

Here's what the 0.4.2 test version release notes now say on this:

Added + option for cloud recovery TLOD, similar to + FPS for cloud recovery FPS with DynamicLOD_ResetEdition, so that a relative rather than absolute Cloud Recovery TLOD can be used. This is useful if you regularly change your TLOD Min but don't want to have to change your Cloud Recovery TLOD as well to match the change. When enabled, your Cloud Recovery TLOD will be relative to your TLOD Min, eg. if TLOD Min is 50, Cloud Recovery TLOD is 50 and + is checked, your actual Cloud Recovery TLOD will be 50 + 50 = 100. When not enabled, Cloud Recovery TLOD will be absolute, like it previously was. eg. if Cloud Recovery TLOD is set to 100, then that is the TLOD value at which cloud recovery will be reset.

Edited by Reset XPDR

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, mmcmah said:

I rarely use GPU-Z and would rather not have another app running in the background

Agree with that sentiment, although avg CPU load according to Lasso is 0.1%. 

2 hours ago, mmcmah said:

I have never been able to have the installation process add the auto launch entry into my exe.xml. I had to type it in manually, despite uninstalling fully before reinstalling.

Although you got it working, I've found that AutoFPS will load correctly even in the middle of a flight. Hence, I don't bother with autostart. Heck, yesterday I even updated the app then restarted while at cruise in the Fenix.

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

35 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Agree with that sentiment, although avg CPU load according to Lasso is 0.1%. 

Although you got it working, I've found that AutoFPS will load correctly even in the middle of a flight. Hence, I don't bother with autostart. Heck, yesterday I even updated the app then restarted while at cruise in the Fenix.

To clarify, the main reason rebooting was suggested in the past you system was mainly for initial installs where Net 7 and MobiFlight might have to be installed for the first time and, for the former in particular, a reboot is strongly recommended. Once installed though, if the only thing the app is updating is its own files, you can even update while in flight (as long as AutoFPS isn't running right then of course).

You can also start the app any time you want, before MSFS starts, during loadup, at the main menu, on the ground starting a flight, even in the air. Just note that if you do either of the last two startups just mentioned, it make take a minute or two for the app to work out what's going on and to adjust to current conditions, but once it has done that is should be as if you started it well beforehand.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

@Reset XPDR, I'm  getting confused about one thing. Well, I'm sure I'm confused about a lot of things, but I can only remember one thing at the moment. 

Sorry for bringing the FG-FPS issue up again. I'm FG-FPS locked at 80 using RTSS. When RTSS reported FG-FPS at 80, the app window showed ØFPS at 30. So am I correct in assuming that the app cannot display FG-FPS? I was under the assumption that you mentioned somewhere in this thread that the issue had been sorted. 

I'm on latest test version btw. 

EDIT: I need to remember to learn read the readme

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

59 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

@Reset XPDR, I'm  getting confused about one thing. Well, I'm sure I'm confused about a lot of things, but I can only remember one thing at the moment. 

Sorry for bringing the FG-FPS issue up again. I'm FG-FPS locked at 80 using RTSS. When RTSS reported FG-FPS at 80, the app window showed ØFPS at 30. So am I correct in assuming that the app cannot display FG-FPS? I was under the assumption that you mentioned somewhere in this thread that the issue had been sorted. 

I'm on latest test version btw. 

EDIT: I need to remember to learn read the readme

Of all users, I didn't expect you to be caught out by the RTFM monster! 😄

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Reset XPDR said:

Of all users, I didn't expect you to be caught out by the RTFM monster! 😄

Today's been one of those days I guess. Had huge issues in the A300 and resorted to fellow forum members for help (as I was too busy flying to RTFM) 

I'll answer my question then, in case any newcomers to the thread are wondering: 

Frame Generation (FG) users:

• The app does detect correct FG FPS when FG is enabled in MSFS, however FG is only active when MSFS is the focused window and becomes inactive when not, through your graphics driver not this app.
  • To see correct FG FPS, use the app's "On Top" option to overlay this app over MSFS and give MSFS the focus.
  • If FG is being incorrectly reported as enabled by the app, the likely reason is that either the FG mod had been installed and removed or you have disabled Hardware Accelerated Graphics Scheduling under Windows settings and the now the now greyed out MSFS FG setting may show that it is off but it is still set to on internally to MSFS. To fix, change the DLSSG line in your UserCfg.opt file to be DLSSG 0.

🙂

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 1