Now after 4 years of waiting, and FS2024 is less than a year away to change everything with multi threading, we suddenly have 3 from which to choose.

1 Adaptive LOD 2 AutoFPS 3 SmoothFlight

• Like 2

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

As per the other thread this is a rip off of other people's hard work without recognition, the video may (should) get taken down soon.

• Like 3

Pico Neo3 Link VR - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Auto FPS is the one to get.

• Like 2

spacer.png

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020  PMDG 777    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

I agree

Smooth-Flight seems to have been "stolen" from 2 other Dev's without mentioning of these.

The code was open source, but normally one would put a note up in the description who the original Dev's are.

So I stick to Auto-FPS

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX4070 12GB, 1 x 1TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD, 1x 2TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home, Meta Quest 3

Posted (edited)

A lot of pre-judging going on here.  Maybe people should let the dust settle and let the people involved speak first.  I have had enough of Kangaroo courts over the years. 

It would be good if we hear what Reset has to say of course.  They are all great apps, and all the developers have put much appreciated hard work into them.  

Here is a comment from the developer of Smooth Flight posted on YouTube to the criticism of.. well, not even plagiarism, but just not giving credit.  To give some balance, I hope Reset can give his opinion on this before it all blows up, as it may all be unnecessary.

"I never implied that it was all my work.   And I have given credit to the 2 guys before me.   But you're making accusations you know nothing about.   Those 2 guys are Muumimorko and Fragality.   With the exception of their code that talks to and from MSFS, this program is all mine.  My design... my code.

Both ResetXPDR and I branched off the same code that was built by  Muumimorko (the MobiConnect part) and Fragality (the rest of the proof of concept code known as DynamicLOD)  after both of them had abandoned the project and announced there would be no further updates.    It was at that point that both of us each created a new fork and began to work on our own ideas.   (By the way, I originally asked ResetXPDR to collaborate on the project, but he declined. )  After a short discussion, we agreed that our different approaches were unique enough that it would be difficult to collaborate.    At the time, ResetXPDR's version was nearly identical to the latest version of the Fragality code... in that it was all based on AGL with a couple of spreadsheets and  hard coded AGL = LOD pairings.    

The version of the original DynamicLOD that I used as a base for the communication with between the tool and MSFS has none of ResetXPDR's code in in it.    So yes, I'm using Muumimorko's very slick communication engine to talk to MSFS.   The majority of the remainder of the code I'm assuming belongs to Fragality -  and it is pages (and pages) of code to manage the spreadsheets that correlate AGL to LOD settings.    And since I was not about to base my idea on AGL, that was entirely discarded.  

But to claim I piggy-backed off of Reset's code?   That has no basis in reality..      You must think I saw Reset's autoFPS tool and then built (and tested) mine in 4 days???    I'm flattered that you think I'm that fast, but no.    This took time.    It's a design I've had ever since MSFS came out with VR support three and a half years ago.  Without Muumimorko's amazing Memory Injection code, it wasn't possible until just recently.  

While we're on the subject, the original design for this came from a title that Papyrus came out with in 1995 (I think) called Indy Car Racing 2, that would change the number of cars you could see based on FPS.    Back then getting 12-14 FPS was considered decent performance."

EDIT:  I notice Reset has had his say about this on the Auto FPS thread now.  No major storm it appears, but he is a bit disappointed about lack of credit where it is due to himself and other authors.  I hope they can patch things up and the right credit is given.  Reading the statement above, I thiught credit had been given where it is due, but there are always different viewpoints to every story.  Anyway, onwards, and thanks to these developers for what they do for the community! :smile:

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Rob (but call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind).

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

4 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Maybe people should let the dust settle and let the people involved speak first.

Nah. We wouldn't have a(nother) flight sim drama if we did that.

Pitchforks! Pitchforks! Pitchforks! 😝

• Like 6

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

3 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Auto FPS is the one to get.

Agree with that.  Of all the ones I have tried, this is the one I am getting best and smoothest results with.

It will depend on your system and how you use it but I'm using TLOD max of 250, min TLOD 50 and target framerate at 40 with cloud recovery at 150.  Max FPS set at 60 in the Nvidia control panel and max TLOD at 250 in the sim.   These may even be the defaults or close to them and I've tried a number of other settings.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Is this new SmoothFlight just for VR then?

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Smooth flight works in 2D or 3D.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

tried that one. Don't know if it was placebo, but indeed works fine and smooth. But it was a quick flight in VR. Don't have much to say yet. Need to test it deeper....

Intel i9-13900K, GIGABYTE GAMING Z790, GeForce RTX4080, 32GB

Hi all, I'm having an issue with smoothflight build 61. It is not launching when i open it. 

I downloaded the file, and extracted everything to my community folder; Mobiconnect is also there. But when i open it, it shows in the tray for a few seconds and then disappears. 

I tried to run it as administrator, but does the same thing. 

Anyone else having this issue?