Sign in to follow this  
Matchstick

Black Square Dukes now expected first half of April

To me , its the speed difference. Seems like night and day between the 2.

You guys are making me want to fly the piston now...:-)

Ron

MSFS -Just flight Piper arrow 28-  A2A Comanche250 - COWS DA42 - Cessna 310 -Cessna 414
Black Square Baron - FSR500 - SimWorks PC12 - Black Square TBM 850
146Pro Plane - PMDG 737-600

1 hour ago, ryanbatc said:

Yes.

Will you be painting the piston or turbine? 🤔

I know : Yes 🤣

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Really hoping livery creators can make good use of the new Black Square dynamic Tail Number system

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ron Lefebvre said:

To me , its the speed difference. Seems like night and day between the 2.

You guys are making me want to fly the piston now...:-)

Only on climb performance.  Cruise speeds are similar.

Down low. The piston could go faster.  

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 hour ago, Matchstick said:

Really hoping livery creators can make good use of the new Black Square dynamic Tail Number system

They'll be a few liveries.....

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

5 hours ago, Ron Lefebvre said:

Will you guys be flying the piston or turbine

or more to the point, why would anyone simming want to fly the piston version I am curious

I owned both piston and turbine in FSX and vastly preferred the piston. 

I'll be exactly the same in MSFS.

For me, there's just something more visceral about GA Piston over GA Turbo prop.  I prefer the piston version of any varient.  Eg... I'd love FS Reborn to do a piston PA46 version of their M500.

If speed and climb rate aren't factors, the piston Duke will have a lot going for it, alongside the turbine.  🙂

• Like 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Will the Dukes have the visible passengers option? 

29 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

Only on climb performance.  Cruise speeds are similar.

Down low. The piston could go faster.  

I don't really know the Duke, so not arguing

but from Black Square pdf

Piston Cruise 250 ktas vs 320

Rate of climb 2,600 vs 4,000

Ron

MSFS -Just flight Piper arrow 28-  A2A Comanche250 - COWS DA42 - Cessna 310 -Cessna 414
Black Square Baron - FSR500 - SimWorks PC12 - Black Square TBM 850
146Pro Plane - PMDG 737-600

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Ron Lefebvre said:

I don't really know the Duke, so not arguing

but from Black Square pdf

Piston Cruise 250 ktas vs 320

Rate of climb 2,600 vs 4,000

Eh that's like perfect scenario light load etc.  normally you'd see about 270-280 ktas at FL250 in the turbine.  VNE is 198 kias in the turbine.

Probably cruise 220-240 ktas in the piston.  VNO is around 200 kias - so you're not usually going to exceed that except in smooth air.

Edited by ryanbatc
  • Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

I just can't wait for both! I love the power of the turbine but the piston is just a different type of piloting experience with a bit more engine management...I really like them both. And yes, I will be doing a max performance static takeoff in the turbine with zero load as my first takeoff lol! I remember that from P3D days...a rocket!

The piston also remains near and dear to my heart. What is remarkable is how small the airplane is for the power bolted on to the wings in both cases.

I know they haven't even released but I am secretly hoping for a jetstream 31 to be coming next from black square...something in the light commuter range. I loved what PMDG did back in the day with it but think blacksquare could really take it further.

Also, just in case any one is listening...I am a fan of the ERJ 135-145 series. Not as complex as fly by wire but still so great...I know there is the 170/190 series but they are a different gen.

Either way, my cc is ready for the piston and turbine from day 1!

• Like 1

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

5 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Will you be painting the piston or turbine? 🤔

I know : Yes 🤣

Or have I?  🙂

• Like 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

1 hour ago, ryanbatc said:

Or have I?  🙂

Did you model the zinc chromate tail to automatically fall off @ 15,000hrs on the airframe? 🙂

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

I luv'd the RealAir Duke but now am trying to simulate being an owner in real life so I'm only allotted one expensive HJET.

sp

It would be awesome to see some of the classic liveries / registration from the RealAir Dukes make their way over to these new dukes…

• Like 2

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

• Like 6

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |