Sign in to follow this  
turnandbank

Beyond ATC just announced lower prices.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, tup61 said:

Well, if they manage to release it this year, of course. Then it may be the release of next year. I do think MSFS 2024 will be the real release of the year though.

Isn't it in beta yet? It seems they are close. They probably wouldn't release pricing information if they were far out at this point in time. 

Edited by thepilot

2 minutes ago, thepilot said:

Isn't it in beta yet? It seems they are close. They probably wouldn't release pricing information if they were far out at this point in time. 

It's in beta, yes, but they aren't close at all. They HOPE to release it this year. Don't count on it coming to your PC within a few weeks or so. Lots of work still to be done.

3 minutes ago, thepilot said:

Yes, well, the question is how clever that was... The first price announcement clearly was premature because with the latest announcement things changed a LOT. Who knows what else may change within the coming 6 months or so...? Things may be totally different (like cost for AI) by the time BATC is ready for release.

Posted (edited)

New video

Edited by rutrA

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB RAM 5200MHz, Asus Prime B650+, 850W PSU

English is not my first language.

Posted (edited)

I wonder if any of these ATC programs are accounting for China and the few other countries still using Meters.

Edited by Tuskin38

Anyone know how it's going to handle taxiway designations? Most of the default airports just have random taxiway designations which almost never match real life. Will BATC go with those, or with what's in the charts?

And for only half the initial price tag? How is that even possible? Were they trying to rip us off with the first price?

I take it that was a rhetorical question🤣

17 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

I wonder if any of these ATC programs are accounting for China and the few other countries still using Meters.

There was a whole video about the unbelievable complex maths of vectoring. I am absolutely sure that they will be able to convert feet to meters without using an expensive external AI which costs per transaction.

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, eslader said:

Anyone know how it's going to handle taxiway designations? Most of the default airports just have random taxiway designations which almost never match real life. Will BATC go with those, or with what's in the charts?

BATC will use what's in the sim. Having said that: some airports (default but also some payware) lack proper taxi data (no runway names assigned) and in that case BATC will tell you to taxi at your own discretion. They are stil thinking about adding some taxi guidance option though (which may help you taxi properly when there are no taxiway names in the data).

Edited by tup61

Another video:

Another interesting tidbit of information from the comment section:

"I can't say much but I can say the wait is almost over"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thepilot said:

Another interesting tidbit of information from the comment section:

"I can't say much but I can say the wait is almost over"

Who said that...?

7 minutes ago, tup61 said:

Who said that...?

The uploader/tester himself

14 minutes ago, thepilot said:

The uploader/tester himself

Ah, Overkill... 🙄He has no clue. As usual.

1 hour ago, tup61 said:

Ah, Overkill... 🙄He has no clue. As usual.

I was wondering…

I would like to see a video that shows a full flight with ai interaction, that would convince me (or not) to put some money on the product.

• Like 3

Sergio Naiberg