Sign in to follow this  
turnandbank

Beyond ATC just announced lower prices.

39 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I guess he will be happy if they change their mind, and raise the price back to $60.. LOL

LOL! 😄

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Posted (edited)

I think it's bettter to add a link or a screenshot than a 9-minute video:

https://www.beyondatc.net/pricing

After reading the headline, I was thinking "see? you were actually able to charge $30 instead of $60", but after reading all the changes, I'll just say "what an upgrade! 😄". If performance is at the same level as PF3 with the same AI traffic levels I usually have (70-100 planes, mostly static), I'm in. I had to ditch FSHud because of the high FPS impact for the little traffic it generated.

Edited by Luis Hernandez
  • Like 7

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Looking forward to it, and the new pricing is most welcome....

.....but only if those "guest voices" are optional and de-selectable!!!!!

I would literally not buy this product if it involved having to listen to 'YouTubers' being ATCOs.

Sorry, but what an utterly awful, gimmicky idea.

Appreciate I may be with the minority on this, but I spat my coffee out when I saw (and heard) those "guest voices".

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Assuming this will release within the next three months +, can we start talking about solid headsets with the mics? Any recommendations?

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, JYW said:

would literally not buy this product if it involved having to listen to 'YouTubers' being ATCOs.

Sorry, but what an utterly awful, gimmicky idea

How would you know when you’re listening to one if you’ve never heard them speak before?

Edited by Tuskin38

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

How would you know when you’re listening to one if you’ve never heard them speak before?

Who said I'd never heard them speak before?
I've heard every one of them speak. Do people really want YouTube FS celebrities as their ATCOs in the sim?

Maybe some do.  And that's fine - as long as those who don't want that 'vibe' can turn them off.

Edited by JYW

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Posted (edited)

where did you see the guest voices thing?

I don’t see it on their website 

Edited by Tuskin38

1 hour ago, Luis Hernandez said:

I think it's bettter to add a link or a screenshot than a 9-minute video:

https://www.beyondatc.net/pricing

After reading the headline, I was thinking "see? you were actually able to charge $30 instead of $60", but after reading all the changes, I'll just say "what an upgrade! 😄". If performance is at the same level as PF3 with the same AI traffic levels I usually have (70-100 planes, mostly static), I'm in. I had to ditch FSHud because of the high FPS impact for the little traffic it generated.

fs hud is almost a scam   they have ego devs who don't take any feedback to improve the atc, definitely one of the worst addons i ever bought

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, JYW said:

Looking forward to it, and the new pricing is most welcome....

.....but only if those "guest voices" are optional and de-selectable!!!!!

I would literally not buy this product if it involved having to listen to 'YouTubers' being ATCOs.

Sorry, but what an utterly awful, gimmicky idea.

Appreciate I may be with the minority on this, but I spat my coffee out when I saw (and heard) those "guest voices".

I think the level of configurability that BATC already offers with it's voices I'm 99% sure the voices are optional for those who don't want them. I don't see them being forced.

Personally I see nothing wrong with it, it's a fun way to loosen up and hear a familiar voice, to each their own.

• Upvote 1

Wow this is great news.  With previous pricing I had already decided to forgo premium.  Now I’ll give it a try.

Though I must say the basic voices sound very good in their own right.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I hope they preview some more stuff soon, like AI interaction, flight guidance, etc. Don't care too much the price honestly, I finally want good ATC.

Of course this is good news for the user. I think it is now a must buy for most of us.

Now my only fear is that they will recover their costs. Of course, they will make a killing with the initial purchase. £30 multiplied with a large number of buyers will make the $ flows.

But after the initial purchase, they will need a good number of users buying premium packs to pay for the servers.

Now, with the basic voice model included in the initial purchase, it remains to be seen if enough users will use the premium voice model? I'm not that sure.

I have never seen so much discussion about a price of a product that has not even been released yet. Do we know if it is even good? Last demos I saw ATC vectoring was off and most importantly we have not seen the 'live' traffic integration and how ATC handles it....

The developer seems committed and motivated, but will the product be what it promises?? What about people with marginal internet connections/machines? What about frame rates at busy airports? What about the realism of the 'live' traffic? I am skeptical!

We quickly forget how many msfs add-ons have been released, never really 'finished' to a point that is just one big disappointment!

If it is a good product, I think it will find its niche market at almost 'any' price.  

• Like 3

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

6 minutes ago, Silicus said:

I have never seen so much discussion about a price of a product that has not even been released yet. Do we know if it is even good? Last demos I saw ATC vectoring was off and most importantly we have not seen the 'live' traffic integration and how ATC handles it....

The developer seems committed and motivated, but will the product be what it promises?? What about people with marginal internet connections/machines? What about frame rates at busy airports? What about the realism of the 'live' traffic? I am skeptical!

We quickly forget how many msfs add-ons have been released, never really 'finished' to a point that is just one big disappointment!

If it is a good product, I think it will find its niche market at almost 'any' price.  

With all the bickering about this future product, I bet the developer wished he had come up with something else, not related to flight simming. 😏

• Like 3

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

12 minutes ago, Silicus said:

It's not perfect, look on youtube their video from LAS to SAN. They are cleared to take off on 08L while some traffic are cleared to take off on 26R

The video is 8 months old so unless it improved, I think it is not possible to overcome the way msfs simulate the traffic.

For sure, way better and immersive than the default ATC. But not perfect.