Sign in to follow this  
History

Miltech Sim Chinook CH47D Released March 8

Posted (edited)

From their Facebook page

🔴Miltech Simulations CH47D - Imminent Release🔴

Hey everyone! First of all, thank you for your support and feedback throughout the development process. As many of you know, we have been working on this product for quite a while. What initially was supposed to be a 6-month project ended up taking almost a year to develop. 

However, time always pays off: we are delivering not only a fantastic helicopter, but a pack of missions (including functional firefighting missions), three airports, two military compounds, and thirteen high-quality liveries. This is not only our most ambitious project to date, but potentially one of the most comprehensive products ever released for MSFS.

I’m happy to announce that the official release of the Miltech Simulations CH47D is tomorrow, March 8th, 2024 - Version V1.0.0

This is a PC-Only, Miltechsimulations.com exclusive release. Other distributors (ORBX and the MS Marketplace), as well as Xbox is coming up in a few weeks - no ETA.

I know y’all are excited - in the meantime here go a handful of Screenshots  to take a look at.

Edited by History
  • Like 2

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12650H + RTX 3050

Thanks for passing this along - looks very exciting!

• Upvote 1

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Stoopy said:

Thanks for passing this along - looks very exciting!

Out now. It needs no pedals corrections..she is so stable like all tandem helos

Edited by History
  • Like 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12650H + RTX 3050

3 hours ago, History said:

Out now. It needs no pedals corrections..she is so stable like all tandem helos

All credit due to Frank Piasecki, if course!

• Like 2

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

26 minutes ago, Stoopy said:

All credit due to Frank Piasecki, if course!

Love the old Piasecki HUP-1  (!)

I see the Chinooks fly over every once in a blue moon.  Loud, powerful machines.  I'm on the flight path between Fort Campbell (in KY) and Fort Leonard Wood (in MO).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Here's the official product page. Given the feature list and apparent quality of the product I was expecting a slightly higher asking price particularly compared to some other helo releases.  I'm pleasantly surprised and will certainly be picking it up:

https://miltechsimulations.com/products/miltech-simulations-ch47d

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

"That's what" - She

I watched couple videos and I don't see vibration effect like in real bird

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

I get them flying over my place in the UK quite often, at around 200ft , it's not uncommon to see the loadmaster waving from the door !

A couple of years back one hit a bird and made a precautionary landing in a farmers field just down the road, while his wingman orbited overhead. I took the kids to see it, they're not not as big as you think they are when you get close.

It eventually started up again and flew off, the bird however didn't.

• Like 3

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

A good overview here.

Looks to be well done at a good price, off to buy it for my Friday night of flying.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I don't really fly helicopters, but this looks really nice.  Great job.

• Like 1

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Sorry for the dupe from the official forums, but here are my initial thoughts:

Having a blast flying this one tonight. It definitely feels different than the other helicopters I’ve flown in MSFS (or other sims). Feels big, it has the inertia and momentum you’d expect from a bigger helo like this. It’s also a great, stable platform to fly, I assume owing to the dual main rotors.

I managed to pick up two humvees, and safely delivered zero of them  …in both cases I broke my sling and the Humvee plummeted to the ground below, oops! I’ll have to read through the manual but I assume having something that heavy dangling below you on a sling requires some less ham fisted piloting than I was doing haha.

One minor issue I noticed, I happened to have the tablet positioned in my view such that when I clicked the map button it seemed to “bleed through” the tablet to the click spot that made the tablet disappear, ie the clicks were not stopping at the tablet.

All in all a blast to fly and for US$35 a great deal (especially since it includes several airbase sceneries too), plus the knowledge that there is more to come as outlined on the project page. If you like choppers, go get this. Even if you don’t generally, you might enjoy this one as it’s a very different experience, I didn’t feel like I was spending all of my time keeping the aircraft from killing me, I could actually fly it in a calm fashion.

Well done Miltech!

• Like 6

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, regis9 said:

....If you like choppers, go get this. Even if you don’t generally, you might enjoy this one as it’s a very different experience, I didn’t feel like I was spending all of my time keeping the aircraft from killing me, 

Well done Miltech!

I don't normally do choppers either, but this interests me.  I was just in the front end of a carcass of one at the RAF Hendon museum the other day, and they regularly fly over my house - such a distinctive noise that even my wife shouts "Chinook!..". :laugh:

On that note, what did you think of the sounds?  

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 3

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Sounds are very good, the big dual blades have a distinctive sound and it's well captured here.

• Like 1

Dave

I think it's too stable personally but as @regis9 says it does have a nice feeling of mass and inertia too it.

Also it's (mostly) working OOTB in FSE which makes a change for MSFS Helos - the fuel tank config doesn't line up perfectly but as long as you don't put too much in it should be OK (I had no problems with 718gal) and the FSE system seems happy enough with the cruise speed and fuel consumption on the test flights I've tried.

Biggest limitation right now is the lack of a decent GPS system, but that's on the roadmap and hopefully won't take too long to deliver.

Nice surprise to kick off the weekend, definitely going to grab this. Have to say, I'm impressed with this developer. After a few false starts getting the Osprey set up properly, that was definitely worth the money and I'm sure this will be too.

A Chinook was my first flight ever in any aircraft...fond memories of standing at the back with the ramp down while we circled the city.

ASUS MAXIMUS IX CODE Z270, i7-7700K OC@4.8, EVGA GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM, VKBSim Gladiator joystick, CH Pro pedals, Razer Orbweaver Chroma Gaming Keypad, Samsung SSD 850 Pro 512GB (main drive/sim drive), WD Black 1TB HDD