Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Fenix update is out.

Just fired it up quickly after installing the update. First thing I noticed was an increase in overall performance. On the ground in heavy cloud and rain which would usually result in a stutter fest with the previous version for me proved to be a lot smoother experience. Ill be taking it for a flight later, really hope they fixed the annoying Autopilot disconnect bugs.

10 minutes ago, Farlis said:

You know how it is. People are faster to ask questions on forums instead of reading manuals or changelogs...

No,"people" are just in the middle of a huge traffic jam for over 1 hour, Mister "you know how it is", and they just ask a quick question to get a quick answer before reading the changelogs when coming back home.
🙃

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Just now, David Roch said:

No,"people" are just in the middle of a huge traffic jam for over 1 hour, Mister "you know how it is", and they just ask a quick question to get a quick answer before reading the changelogs when coming back home.

Thank you for proving my point. 🤪

There is a bug: All levers in the cockpit have a remnant position when moving them, including the thrust levers.

You move one and you see a remnant one static that does not move and in final you have 2 levers.

This for all levers in the cockpit.

Patrice Dubois

1 minute ago, patrice_bambou said:

There is a bug: All levers in the cockpit have a remnant position when moving them, including the thrust levers.

You move one and you see a remnant one static that does not move and in final you have 2 levers.

This for all levers in the cockpit.

remove the wingflex mod if you're using it, it's not compatible.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Update seems good overall.

But disappointed there's no increased max brightness on the display screens..... 🥺

Still flying with screens that are too dim, when compared to the real units, due to MSFS shade effect on lights being treated as any other textures, and not true lights - which have increased luminescense in the shade/dark, than in a lit environment. (See my other post).

Short description - electronically lit lights (like on the display screens) should shine brighter when in the shade than in the light.    In MSFS, the opposite occurs. Lit sources in the shade get darker - like any other material.

Those who like the dim screens as they are could still have that level of brightness.   Just give those who are struggling with this the opportunity to go brighter.

Edited by JYW
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

56 minutes ago, Farlis said:

Thank you for proving my point. 🤪

I have to say this though: you've still been very helpful even though you're clearly a RTFM type of guy. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

24 minutes ago, JYW said:

Still flying with screens that are too dim, when compared to the real units,

In a new airplane, maybe…. Welcome to real world 🙂

Sadly, I can't reproduce your issue in my system, but when you say flying with 'shades' you mean the Sun Visor and/or Sun roller blinds in use? Just out of curiosity, I don't doubt your perception of the issue.

Just now, polosim said:

Sadly, I can't reproduce your issue in my system, but when you say flying with 'shades' you mean the Sun Visor and/or Sun roller blinds in use? Just out of curiosity, I don't doubt your perception of the issue.

The top of the FMA is too dark to read unless you zoom in on it., on a sunny day. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

4 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

The top of the FMA is too dark to read unless you zoom in on it

Yes, I saw your photo early this morning, that's why I was asking, if when experiencing that they used the sun visor and/or Windows Roller Blind?.

On the daily flight, in some lighting conditions, with planes with screens, let's call it NOT new, (don't remind me of the previous CRT monitors) it is difficult at times to read the FMA without additional protection.

1 hour ago, David Roch said:

No, "people" are just in the middle of a huge traffic jam for over 1 hour

Not to be that guy, Dave, but you shouldn't be browsing Avsim while driving.

• Like 2

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, polosim said:

That's no problem. 😎

No, when I refer to shade I simply mean an area of the cockpit that is currently in the shade (from direct sunlight).

Like this:-

66666.png

In the real world, electrically-lit lights (such as those on the PFD/ND) are brighter when in the shade.

But MSFS treats such lights the same as any other texture...... and so they get dimmer. 👍

PS... in the above scenario, putting the sunshade down in the Fenix do not improve the visibility of the PFD / ND.   I tried that. 😄

Edited by JYW
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Update is great, better performance for me...question......when will I be able to use my Airbus Thrustmaster joystick and assign my buttons so I can control the heading, altitude etc instead of fumbling around with the mouse?? I thought that was coming?? Thanks

• Upvote 1

Regards

Paul EGCC

11 minutes ago, JYW said:

electrically-lit lights (such as those on the PFD/ND) are brighter when in the shade.

I can understand your concern. 
Taking a quick look at your photo, I would like to share the following information with you, you could find it interesting:

Electrically-lit lights sensors are the two small circles that are located in the corners of the lower part of the PFD and ND frames, if the sun gives them directly they may not perceive the shadow that the FCU makes on the top of the screens, this could reduce their function (Make the screens brighter) unless you help them using the windows roller Blinds to reduce the intensity of sunlight.

From there came the curiosity of my question that if you used these Blinds or not, because as I mentioned earlier I am not able to reproduce this condition in my system to see if this is "simulated" or not.

20 minutes ago, WestAir said:

Not to be that guy, Dave, but you shouldn't be browsing Avsim while driving.

Well you went there, I bit my tongue. 😉

• Like 1