Sign in to follow this  
turbomax

New beta update 1.37.8.0 out

30 minutes ago, YVR_23 said:

LOD issues are still there. Hopefully it's server related.

Strange, I haven't seen any difference in LOD between SU14 and any beta version, I'm using Ultra default settings.

• Upvote 2

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Posted (edited)

Using version 0.3.8 of dynamic lod reset edition is working for me with the latest 1.37.8 beta update

Edited by mobeans10

Posted (edited)

Duplicate Post

Edited by mobeans10

In addition to updated O'hare and KLAX... also KJFK and Heathrow

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Posted (edited)

One "feature" of this beta version remains: The simrate maximum is 128X ! Way too fast! fps drops to 1 fps.

So if you hold the sim rate button or + key down, the flight becomes a nightmare in about 3 seconds. It can actually crash the sim sometimes.

It seems to me a max simrate of 16X would make more sense. 16X will only cut fps in half approximately.

I use the flightsim.to addon which puts any cap you want on simrate. I set 4X as max. It also displays sim rate.

You can open and close this app from an overhead taskbar icon all its own.

EDIT: https://flightsim.to/file/45543/sim-rate-selector

Edited by Fielder
  • Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, virtuali said:

Doesn't seem to work for me. Red numbers for TLOD and Cloud quality means the app hasn't recognized the memory offsets, right?

I'm testing latest test build now as we speak. No issues in expert mode. Under sim values, red ØFPS means it's too low for target fps. Keep in mind that when using FG-FPS MSFS needs to be in focus though (enable "on top" then change focus back to MSFS). Orange values means they're changing, and green = stable, if I understand it correctly. 

Just checked the other modes (non-expert + non-expert-auto-target-fps) - they both seem to be working fine. 

15 minutes ago, Fielder said:

The simrate maximum is 128X ! Way too fast! fps drops to 1 fps.

Not laughing at your woes, but how on Earth did they think this would be useful? 😅

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Ixoye said:

Strange, I haven't seen any difference in LOD between SU14 and any beta version, I'm using Ultra default settings.

Here's the LOD issue, ultra settings and no rolling cache. The weird thing is a few days I had no issues whatsoever but over the weekend I noticed really bad LOD so I'm thinking it could be a server issue.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by YVR_23

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, YVR_23 said:

Here's the LOD issue, ultra settings and no rolling cache. The weird thing is a few days I had no issues whatsoever but over the weekend I noticed really bad LOD so I'm thinking it could be a server issue.

I'm thinking you might be right. I do get it from time to time. 

Meanwhile at KDCA:

Bl1BW3I.jpeg

KBOS: 

wEI879L.jpg

(at least the aircraft on short final did a go-around, so I guess there's some order to the chaos)

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, YVR_23 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Looks like it might be server related. Photogrammetry is always very hit and miss as there is a high dependency on connection speed, latency and bandwidth.

Edited by DModjo

5 hours ago, virtuali said:

Doesn't seem to work for me. Red numbers for TLOD and Cloud quality means the app hasn't recognized the memory offsets, right?

If the app hasn't recognised (actually validated is more accurate) the memory offsets, you would have seen "MSFS compatibility test failed - Read Only mode" as a red status message when you started AutoFPS.

If you didn't, and I doubt you did as I have received numerous reports that AutoFPS is working fine with the latest SU15 Beta, those red numbers mean your system is performing consistently below your target FPS. See the readme for more info on how to configure the app correctly.

• Like 3

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

3 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I'm testing latest test build now as we speak. No issues in expert mode. Under sim values, red ØFPS means it's too low for target fps. Keep in mind that when using FG-FPS

MSFS needs to be in focus though (enable "on top" then change focus back to MSFS). Orange values means they're changing, and green = stable, if I understand it correctly. 

Just checked the other modes (non-expert + non-expert-auto-target-fps) - they both seem to be working fine. 

Not laughing at your woes, but how on Earth did they think this would be useful? 😅

Especially irksome because, unlike FSX, MSFS2020 control settings doesn't allow turning repeat off. So when you push down a keyboard key it sends the same command over and over continuously. Whether you want it to do that or not.  Of course with AAO you can have repeat on or off and even set the repeat rate fast, medium, or slow. Or set it in between those 3 speeds. Anyway, I use the above fs.to app to turn the simrate maximum to 4.

I also use AAO repeat choices to set 2 different rudder trim keys. One repeats One doesn't repeat. I use the one that repeats to set an approximate trim. And then punch the no repeat trim key to move the trim just a hair. And then keep punching it until the trim is perfect. Fast and easy to do.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Anybody else able to confirm that FSR3 Frame Generation is now creating artefacts around aircraft/cockpit glass borders that make it unusable?

<edit>
Disregard.
The problem was caused by "lens correction".

Edited by Ojisan_alpha

AutoFPS working perfectly with the new  beta version here too.

• Like 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)