Sign in to follow this  
TangoSierraMike

Pilot 2 ATC vs. Beyond ATC vs. Say Intentions...

Posted (edited)

I don't think anybody has a problem with a one-time purchase for $30. It is the $30 per month SayIntentions (and eventually also BATC if you want to have the premium voices) charges that is completely out of proportion with everything else we've known so far in flightsimulation.

Edited by RALF9636
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

I don't think anybody has a problem with a one-time purchase for $30. It is the $30 per month SayIntentions (and eventually also BATC if you want to have the premium voices) charges that is completely out of proportion with everything else we've known so far in flightsimulation.

That's right. But in the end - as with anything else - it's about the price-performance-relationship. That said, performance has to be extremely high for SI for something that costs more per year than literally anything else that you ever paid for flightsimming. I mean it might even cost more than your GPU over 4 years.
At the moment SI is still far away from that point, and I honestly don't even know what they would need to do to make it worth that cost. I mean being able to talk "normally" and have an interaction is great, but really how many times do you just "have a talk" with the ATC controller on an IFR flight? You might ask for weather here and there, ask for a direct-to or free speed, but none of this is really hard to script in a scripted ATC.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

its  cheaper  than most payware  aircraft 🙂

Hey Pete, sure, but not if it has to be paid every month! :wink:

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Posted (edited)

Beyond ATC it is one payment only. 

Edited by rutrA
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB RAM 5200MHz, Asus Prime B650+, 850W PSU

English is not my first language.

38 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

There is absolutely nothing I have seen that has come out of BATC that says $30 a month.

Can you provide a reference for that, or are you just making figures up?

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Posted (edited)

edit he  was  referring  to  if  you want  the  premium  packs  is  where  you have  to top up  every  month

Edited by pete_auau
  • Like 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

The only thing that worries me about BATC at the moment is that, the waiting time for a response from ATC is quite long. I wonder what it will look like if several thousand people use it at the same time.

17 minutes ago, rutrA said:

The only thing that worries me about BATC at the moment is that, the waiting time for a response from ATC is quite long. I wonder what it will look like if several thousand people use it at the same time.

Hmm, good point. :unsure:

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

30 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

edit he  was  referring  to  if  you want  the  premium  packs  is  where  you have  to top up  every  month

Almost - it's my understanding that you only need to top up if/when your credit runs out.

Ian Box

20 minutes ago, rutrA said:

suppose  be  the  same  with sayintentions

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

1 minute ago, ConstVoid said:

Almost - it's my understanding that you only need to top up if/when your credit runs out.

yep if  your  credit  runs  out  than  you want  get  the  premium  voices  till you top up

Peter kelberg

34 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

But it's not $30 a month, in fact you don't necessarily have to top up monthly.

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

1 minute ago, Gazzareth said:

But it's not $30 a month, in fact you don't necessarily have to top up monthly.

G

depends  on how  many  flights you do a month as  explained  here 

https://fselite.net/content/beyondatc-revises-pricing-model/

Peter kelberg

1 minute ago, pete_auau said:

depends  on how  many  flights you do a month as  explained  here 

https://fselite.net/content/beyondatc-revises-pricing-model/

But this is optional if You would like use premium voice. OPTIONAL. 

• Like 1

boy  this  is getting  too confusing 🙂  yep i know  its  optional think users  are getting  confused on  sayintentions  pricing  and  batc  pricing

Peter kelberg