Sign in to follow this  
TangoSierraMike

Pilot 2 ATC vs. Beyond ATC vs. Say Intentions...

Posted (edited)

If it's optional he can't say it's $30/month.........

Well, he can't say anything about that because it will depend on everyones use case so.....

Edited by Bond

Confusion indeed.

BATC currently has a onetime purchase cost of $29.99 which includes the basic voice models and the premium voice models. The only ongoing cost thereafter is if you wish to continue using the premium voice models (after the initial approximate 1 hour of talk time included with your purchase). If you stay with the basic voice models there are no further cost to use BATC.

BeyondATC is dedicated to bringing you a high-quality product at an affordable price.

No subscriptions. Pay once, never pay again.

From Q&A

Can I use BeyondATC without using the Premium Voice Model?

Yes! BeyondATC comes with a large amount of Premium Characters included in the base purchase (about an hour of speaking time), and that is yours to use from the moment you purchase the product. However, you are not required to use this voice model at all. The product works entirely from start to finish with the Basic Voice Model, and requires no additional purchases of any kind.

Yes. You do not need to purchase anything beyond the initial base purchase to use BeyondATC.

Is BeyondATC a one-time purchase?

BATC seems the cost effective option for me personally. VATSIM will meet my needs should I feel the need to speak to 'real' ATC.

• Like 4

System: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X @ 4.2GHz, 2x16GB DDR4 2600MHz CL18 RAM, EVGA RTX 3090 FTW, Samsung 840 Pro SSD 1TB, Samsung 840 Pro SSD 512GB, Seagate 2TB HDD, Windows 11 Pro 64bit, Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog.

51 minutes ago, rutrA said:

The only thing that worries me about BATC at the moment is that, the waiting time for a response from ATC is quite long. I wonder what it will look like if several thousand people use it at the same time.

That could be a concern, interestingly SI did have the "current" average response time on their website (think it was 12 seconds last I saw it). 

That now seems to have been removed, although in all fairness the streams I saw for it had much shorter delays than that.

@pete_auau in terms of cost currently BATC sounds like Premium will be $10 for 15 flights (at the more expensive end of their scale), or nothing for "Basic" voices.

If "Basic" is as good (or bad) as SAPI voices that p2atc uses, then I will be happy with that.

G

• Like 1

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Gazzareth said:

There is absolutely nothing I have seen that has come out of BATC that says $30 a month.

Can you provide a reference for that, or are you just making figures up?

G

Of course BATC does not come as a subscription, but if (=you don't have to) you want to use the premium voices depending on how many flights you make a month you can easily end up with $30 a month as well. And - other than with SayIntenions - you can even exceed that number.

There are several articles and threads on Avsim around regarding the pricing structure of BATC.

Edited by RALF9636
  • Like 3

thats why most users will opt  for  the  basic   first   and  see  how  it  goes  for  the  first few  months if  using  Batc  I'am  referring too

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

1 hour ago, RALF9636 said:

Of course BATC does not come as a subscription, but if (=you don't have to) you want to use the premium voices depending on how many flights you make a month you can easily end up with $30 a month as well. And - other than with SayIntenions - you can even exceed that number.

There are several articles and threads on Avsim around regarding the pricing structure of BATC.

Just to be 100% clear - I was calling it (and would have classed it as) a subscription until they made the basic option free.

Quite agree though, based on their own figures if you are a heavy user *AND* use Premium voices it could actually cost you more, so for a heavy with premium user at least SI is capped - so that may make more sense if everything else is equal.....

G

• Like 1

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

7 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

You can do that already with FSHud as well. You can start FSHud at any stage of your flight and FSHud will catch up to the current situation.

P2ATC does not control AI traffic, does it? 

No it doesn't but it's aware of AI.

Also it has voice recognition and is cross platform with MSFS,Xplane and P3D-that is important for me.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Rocky_53 said:

Saying 30 dollars is cheap is purely subjective, it's cheap if you can afford it and have the money, it's not cheap for those who may have limited income.

No no no. What I'm saying is 30 dollars is cheap for full AI generation.

I'm not saying it's cheap to use. Just compared to other AI solutions it's cheap.

Edited by Tuskin38

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Noel said:

Alright!  BATC can count on at least one customer....

BATC isn't $30 monthly, SayIntentions is $30 monthly

BATC is going to be a one off purchase unless you wanted to use higher quality voices. And even then you don't pay monthly, you only pay once you run out of characters. It will come with some premium voice time with the initial purchase as well.

You can switch between free a premium voices at any time.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 4

42 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

BATC is going to be a one off purchase unless you wanted to use higher quality voices. And even then you don't pay monthly, you only pay once you run out of characters. It will come with some premium voice time with the initial purchase as well.

This issue is how well developed is its actual ATC experience though

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

spacer.png xaP1VAU.png

3 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

Having high end voices means 30 Euro a month 🙂 In both cases, I think.
When SI manages to lower the price I assume that BATC will also be able to lower the price, when both rely to AI generated voices that cost money 🙂

But hey - lets make it more complicated 🙂

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, techman said:

Having high end voices means 30 Euro a month 🙂 In both cases, I think.
When SI manages to lower the price I assume that BATC will also be able to lower the price, when both rely to AI generated voices that cost money 🙂

But hey - lets make it more complicated 🙂

I believe the reason SI has to charge monthly is because they’re also generating the dialogue, while BATC dialogue is scripted so all they’re generating is the sound, so they can afford to have a free voice option

Thats just speculation on my part obviously 

Edited by Tuskin38

Posted (edited)
On 3/12/2024 at 6:53 PM, TangoSierraMike said:

Mods - Please feel free to move this if I'm putting this in the wrong area...

I'm definitely not meaning to stir things up, but I'm a little confused by the new ATC programs that are on the horizon...

I've been using Pilot 2 ATC for a year or so now, and I really enjoy it - in my opinion it's a "light-year" kind of improvement over the default MSFS ATC.... but now here comes the highly touted Beyond ATC, and Say Intentions (which I only just recently discovered). I'm wondering if anyone out there might have some insight to help me compare the three programs. It sounds like Beyond ATC and Say Intentions are going to be using AI, but I really wonder if the new ATC is going to that much better than P2ATC and if so, how or why?

Thanks very much in advance for the insight!

Even after watching a ton of these videos and recommendations I think sticking with Pilot2ATC is just simply easier. The voices don't sound much better than the ceres/ivona voices I already own and I downloaded extra radio static sounds as well that makes it more realistic. With Pilot2ATC recognizing traffic (plane on final, you being told to hold short....or waiting for wake turbulence to clear etc) and ATC chatter......

I still think its your best bet. Flight following and VFR, touchngoes, IFR.....navigraph.

All of these other programs sound great but if you already own Pilto2ATC it would make them pretty much redundant unless you're obsessed with them controlling traffic. To each their own.

And before anyone gets really angry about this....if you don't own Pilot2ATC but have a lot of negative comments towards it, I think you're flat out wrong about it.

Again, these other programs look and sound amazing but to the original poster...these programs would be redundant IMO.

Edited by Sonosusto
  • Like 4

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Dukes, Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

On 3/13/2024 at 4:03 AM, SierraHotel said:

Beyond ATC is far and above any current or future ATC program! If you are serious about your flight simming hobby then do yourselves a favour and watch these videos:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxRQ4sgtdqM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGkFZRal4II&t=769s

https://www.youtube.com/@beyondatc/videos

Except VOXATC for MSFS.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Except VOXATC for MSFS.

Would be great if Vox does what it did for P3D5 although with AI control and realistic variety in voices. 

Edited by jkeye