Sign in to follow this  
SN737

Small Server-side Update - 3.13.24

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, chapstick said:

It’s purely a coincidence. They aren’t touching it until MSFS 24.

Does it mean they will never finalise MSFS DX12 optimization?

Edited by History

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12650H + RTX 3050

3 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

I feel like the LOD is shorter than before (blurriness at a shorter horizon), even at a high setting. Could be my imagination though

Nor your imagination.

Thought it was related to a previous version of the SU15 beta, though it seems to be affecting those who aren't even beta testing:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/1-37-7-0-reduced-lod/633307/242

Back on topic, my flying this evening is going to be around the Caribbean. Those screenshots look fantastic.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

Nor your imagination.

Thought it was related to a previous version of the SU15 beta, though it seems to be affecting those who aren't even beta testing:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/1-37-7-0-reduced-lod/633307/242

Hmmm…. I confirm that I am not in the beta test. Added a post to the thread there, thanks.

Edited by Dominique_K

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

17 hours ago, iliasr said:

i'v missed the update , canceled the load to disable the community folder , after restart didn't searches for updates ...

For future reference, there really is no need to disable the community folder when installing these updates.  I have well over a TB of add-ons in my Community folder and have never disabled my Community folder during an update - and never had an issue.  Add-ons being incompatible after an update is a separate issue...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, PlumCrazy said:

For future reference, there really is no need to disable the community folder when installing these updates.  I have well over a TB of add-ons in my Community folder and have never disabled my Community folder during an update - and never had an issue.  Add-ons being incompatible after an update is a separate issue...

To be fair, I've not come across anyone who has had issues related to not removin/renaming their community folder.  Sometimes I remember and other tines I don't and I've never had any problems.

I think MS suggest it to ensure that problems are not addon related rather than as a result of an update.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Posted (edited)

The reason MSFS suggests emptying your community folder (you can also just rename it) is just in case there's an addon incompatibility with the new patch.

Stops people from blaming MSFS when it's the fault of an addon.

Edited by Tuskin38

Posted (edited)

Deleted (Wrong Thread)

Apologies

Edited by Maxis

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders