Sign in to follow this  
Cpt_Piett

Fenix A320 landing technique and general discussion thread

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

best choice

Deleted. sorry.

Edited by polosim

Any support please? Why the Fenix app does not auto start when I load the aircraft for a flight?

Thank you

1 hour ago, GeoSkyman said:

Any support please? Why the Fenix app does not auto start when I load the aircraft for a flight?

Thank you

You probably already tried this:

https://kb.fenixsim.com/fenix-app-doesnt-open-automatically

but there are other articles in the KnowledgeBase that might help you.

• Like 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Posted (edited)

also if you head over to the discord channel of fenix there also be solutions and issues resolved

Edited by pete_auau
  • Like 2

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Regarding landing techniques... ya guys no nothing! NOTHING!

This is the way !

THE WILDEST LANDING EVER at Madeira Airport - YouTube

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

9 minutes ago, jcomm said:

This is the way !

Ohhh ok ok, now I know I was failing in something in my landings, the nose wheels need to touch down first before the rears, ok ok, lesson learnt, thanks.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, polosim said:

Deleted. sorry.

If you intended to give me some constructive criticism on my Paro landing, I can take it 🙂 I was all over the place during the visual circuit with wild changes in V/S, speed and pretty much everything else. I'll give it some more practice today. Any advice is appreciated 🙂

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

18 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Any advice is appreciated 🙂

The intention was to share some of the information from the FSDG Paro manual in its version for FSX, where they give the instructions for circling to land in RWY15, but you know, then note the copyright part, so I have to delete the comment.

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, polosim said:

The intention was to share some of the information from the FSDG Paro manual in its version for FSX, where they give the instructions for circling to land in RWY15, but you know, then note the copyright part, so I have to delete the comment.

Ah, I see. That's too bad. I find the flightsim.to guide useful, but perhaps not detailed enough. I've already re-watched the Bhutan Air approach a few times. That's some high-level piloting skills! 

I noticed that they kept the speed low and went full flaps quite early, then descended to a lower altitude earlier. During the turns, the were "hugging" the mountainsides, and during short final they didn't have that much altitude over the runway, hence were able to touch down within the touchdown zone. 

Or in other words: pretty much the exact opposite of what I did 😅

I'm currently doing some practice runs in the Caravan, just to get a better overview and "feel" of the approach. 

Also, a 2nd person on the flight deck certainly would help here, as doing this solo is completely unrealistic, as we know. Just having the FO keep track of the terrain on his side would be a massive benefit. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

Back to flying the PMDG 737 this morning after changing airlines in A Pilots Life. Just a breeze to land this aircraft compared to the A 320. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

On 3/26/2024 at 4:40 PM, Aamir said:

I think you'd be surprised how quickly an A320 can stop IRL with max manual and a light load. 

From the qrh A320 – CONFIGURATION FULL, LANDING DISTANCE WITHOUT AUTOBRAKE Actual Landing Distance, GW 130,000, Dry: 2,920 feet This is the ALR determined during flight tests, security and failures coefficients apply. Note that landing distance is usually measured from a height of 50 ft to the wheels stop

I've written a detailed step-by-step guide to Paro runway 15, using the Royal Bhutan Airlines Airbus A319 video.

Recommended instrument approach: RNAV (RNP) X or Y RWY 15/33. The approach ends just south of the airport. Only difference between X and Y is the missed approach procedure.

Visual circuit: Right-hand circuit with U-turn across the valley

PDF can be downloaded from my Google drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Gxre4z7An7RemmzYz9ONH72mQ_CAs0qz/view?usp=sharing