Sign in to follow this  
BWBriscoe

GSX is a problem with Fenix

Posted (edited)

I'm having constant problems with GSX and the Fenix.

Now, I'm sat at EGLL gate 518, I've requested loading through GSX (jetway attached, doors open). Aircracft has been refuelled, but still eight minutes later, no sign of ANY passengers. Baggage has been loaded visually BUT it's not indicating any cargo has been loaded on the EFB.

10 minutes in, still no passengers...

Edited by BWBriscoe

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz  
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

It certainly worked better before with Fragility's mod. Nowhere near as seamless now, generally avoid the GSX option these days....

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Gazzareth said:

It certainly worked better before with Fragility's mod. Nowhere near as seamless now, generally avoid the GSX option these days....

G

I don't know what I'm doing wrong...followed all instructions to the letter. Refuelling worked, animations for cargo worked (although nothing was actually added to the plane according to the EFB) and now just sat here waiting for the passengers to start. The GSX menu says 'Boarding Requested', yet nothing.

This product is supposed to increase immersion, it in fact, does the total opposite.

Sometimes it works perfectly, other times it fails spectacularly. It's just not consistent, at all.

Edited by BWBriscoe

64.0 GB RAM

33 minutes ago, BWBriscoe said:

I don't know what I'm doing wrong...followed all instructions to the letter. Refuelling worked, animations for cargo worked (although nothing was actually added to the plane according to the EFB) and now just sat here waiting for the passengers to start. The GSX menu says 'Boarding Requested', yet nothing.

This product is supposed to increase immersion, it in fact, does the total opposite.

Sometimes it works perfectly, other times it fails spectacularly. It's just not consistent, at all.

You're barking up the wrong tree. GSX is a standalone product (and as that, it works, even on the Fenix [without the integration]), the integration Fenix + GSX is done by the Fenix team. I suggest you just disable the option and load via the EFB as on v1, and just start boarding with GSX at the same time for the animations.

• Like 1

Beats me what you are doing wrong. It works flawlessly on my end. 

That is as long as Coatl doesn't crash again, which it seems to do regularly since the last update.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Farlis said:

Beats me what you are doing wrong. It works flawlessly on my end. 

That is as long as Coatl doesn't crash again, which it seems to do regularly since the last update.

Don't think he is doing anything wrong, the integration seems kinda iffy tbh. It will consistently load for me now, although not once managed to get it to unload the cargo.

Shows the animations but weight never changes in the EFB.

Edit: just to add, anyone know how to change between bags & containers?

G

Edited by Gazzareth

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

40 minutes ago, Farlis said:

That is as long as Coatl doesn't crash again, which it seems to do regularly since the last update

I am finding Couatl constantly crashes as well.

The Fenix integration seems to work at departure but I am finding at least 50% of the time I have to manually restart Couatl. In fact I just checked and it had crashed again mid flight !

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

Just arrived at EGPF and deboarding is happening, although it is VERY slow. Five minutes and only 15 passengers have left...!

64.0 GB RAM

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, BWBriscoe said:

Just arrived at EGPF and deboarding is happening, although it is VERY slow. Five minutes and only 15 passengers have left...!

That also depends on the GSX profile, wherever the passengers despawn after leaving the aircraft counts as 'deboarded' 

Edited by Tuskin38

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Farlis said:

That's because:

- for some users (including me!!), disabling the Windows 8 Compatibility setting, which we have done in the last update, has fixed random crashes that happened when selecting the gate in the previous version.

- for some users, Windows 8 Compatibilty mode was better to prevent crashes in flight.

So, if you have a crash in flight, enable the Windows 8 compatibility flag again. However, this is just a temporary fix, we are testing right now a very different way of starting it, with an automatic restarter utility, so the Compatibility flag shouldn't matter anymore.

Edited by virtuali
  • Like 6

11 minutes ago, virtuali said:

That's because:

- for some users (including me!!), disabling the Windows 8 Compatibility setting, which we have done in the last update, has fixed random crashes that happened when selecting the gate in the previous version.

- for some users, Windows 8 Compatibilty mode was better to prevent crashes in flight.

So, if you have a crash in flight, enable the Windows 8 compatibility flag again. However, this is just a temporary fix, we are testing right now a very different way of starting it, with an automatic restarter utility, so the Compatibility flag shouldn't matter anymore.

Ok thanks.
Is there any chance you could troubleshoot the original problem I posted?

64.0 GB RAM

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, BWBriscoe said:

Now, I'm sat at EGLL gate 518, I've requested loading through GSX (jetway attached, doors open). Aircracft has been refuelled, but still eight minutes later, no sign of ANY passengers. Baggage has been loaded visually BUT it's not indicating any cargo has been loaded on the EFB.

It's not possible to say anything, unless you make a complete report, including:

- What "EGLL" is. Default or 3rd party? If it's not default, clearly identify the scenery.

- If it's not default, if you verified the GSX replacement jetway files are Disabled for that airport.

- If you are using a custom GSX profile, say which one, and verify it has been loaded, and there aren't any other profiles for the same airport in the GSX profiles folder.

- If you are using Simbrief. If yes, if you are sure your flight plan has been loaded.

- The precise, exact, sequence of operation, including what you did from the Fenix and if you did something with GSX. In general, you shouldn't mix-up: either use only GSX or use the Fenix integration.

- The precise, exact, settings in the GSX Page of the Fenix EFB.

- If you set GSX settings as Fenix suggests (Autoservices = off, Detect Custom fuel = off, Refuel always progressive = on )

Edited by virtuali
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Gazzareth said:

Don't think he is doing anything wrong, the integration seems kinda iffy tbh. It will consistently load for me now, although not once managed to get it to unload the cargo.

Shows the animations but weight never changes in the EFB.

Edit: just to add, anyone know how to change between bags & containers?

G

Well not a lot of reports on problems to be honest from what I am seeing. Same has Farlis no problems only one thing is having to reset all at the end even when no one is onboard and only issue with new update couatl is crashing more. Definitely seeing the weights change in the EFB.

Edited by carlanthony24

2 hours ago, BWBriscoe said:

Need to fiddle with the GSX settings to change timings.

• Like 1