Sign in to follow this  
martin-w

What do we think of this?

I’d use it if we’d run out of loo roll completely but even then I’d have to be pretty desperate.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I know am just being nitpicky but the declassified document is referred to as "2000 UK Defence Intelligence Staff report" but it uses the term UAP rather than UFO. I thought UAP was first used in 2023. 

Edited by dmwalker

Dugald Walker

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, dmwalker said:

I know am just being nitpicky but the declassified document is referred to as "2000 UK Defence Intelligence Staff report" but it uses the term UAP rather than UFO. I thought UAP was first used in 2023.

I recall Nick Pope, who manned the UK UFO desk, saying that UAP was originally from we Brits. So it may be an abbreviation that's been around for a while.

Edited by martin-w

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, dmwalker said:

The term "UAP" (Unidentified Atmospheric Phenomenon) was used by the UFO investigator and author Jenny Randles way back in the 1980s, so it is certainly not new.

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I think you will find he`s standing for an MP in the next election, hoping to be PM in the future, along with all the other aliens running the worlds governments.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

I think, these days, it's hard to be interested in a report which is not first hand about an incident which is not from this century.

Dugald Walker

Hey Martin,

Small point of order (lol)... you shared it, what do YOU think of it?

😉

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I should think that firing at and downing a UAP falls into the Very Bad Idea category... 😱

• Like 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

The man that has seen the man that has seen the bear...

And moreover, in 1980, so 44 years ago...

Fake news.

Patrice Dubois

17 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Hey Martin,

Small point of order (lol)... you shared it, what do YOU think of it?

😉

🤔 I would consider probability. And given our current understanding of physics, such alien visitation is unlikely. So I'm thinking the most likely explanation is that somebody made the story up.

And to be honest, this whole notion of hyper advanced alien craft crashing in droves doesn't sit right with me. Seems utterly illogical. Seems an oxymoron. And why on Earth would they risk their personnel by manning the craft, they would be autonomous drones. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, martin-w said:

And why on Earth would they risk their personnel by manning the craft, they would be autonomous drones. 

Drones might explain the small, incredibly fast, incredibly maneuverable, "Tic-Tac" UAP's that make up a good portion of sightings in the past few years.  If we are being visited by extra-terrestrials, actual visitations by the aliens back before ground-to-air and air-to-air weapon systems became advanced and potentially capable of downing manned UFO's seems logical.  With modern weapons, the risk of being killed is higher, so send drones to monitor and test the Earthlings.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I find it interesting that UFOs are so much in the news lately.  Perhaps it is just a cyclical trend where interest waxes and wanes over the years, but I suspect there's more to it than that.  I'll elaborate a bit later in the post.

I believe that it is possible that advanced aliens have traveled to Earth from many light years away.  Exactly how they did it I don't know, but I think that faster than light travel is possible.

Despite my belief in extraterrestrials, I think that it is entirely possible that what a lot of folks have observed over the years are actually secret, experimental military aircraft.  These "UAPs" that are in the news lately could indeed be drones.  Another example are the famous Phoenix lights in the 1990s - this could have been a secret blimp type of airborne vehicle that is invisible to radar and of course not visible in the sky at night - until they turn some lights on, that is.  The Roswell incident could have been a secret military project gone awry and the whole crashed alien disc story an elaborate cover-up. 

Over time these things take on a life of their own, stories and myths are created, and some people exploit this for their own gain.

Governments are capable of massive and elaborate propaganda, so it is very possible that all this UFO stuff is just part of a propaganda campaign to cover up what they're really up to.

Dave

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

26 minutes ago, dave2013 said:

I find it interesting that UFOs are so much in the news lately.  Perhaps it is just a cyclical trend where interest waxes and wanes over the years, but I suspect there's more to it than that.  I'll elaborate a bit later in the post.

It was the New York Times article that set this latest stuff off, Dave. Think it was 2017. By Leslie Kane. Then we had Luis Elizondo in the news. Not to mention the 2004 "tic tac" story and the three ATFLIR videos. David Fravor on Joe Rogan etc. 

37 minutes ago, dave2013 said:

Another example are the famous Phoenix lights in the 1990s - this could have been a secret blimp type of airborne vehicle that is invisible to radar and of course not visible in the sky at night - until they turn some lights on, that is. 

The string of lights people saw were certainly flares over the training range. A documentary demonstrated this by superimposing them on a daylight image of the mountains, you could see them drop behind. But what the huge triangle was that was said to be flying over and witnessed by many, I've no idea.

38 minutes ago, dave2013 said:

The Roswell incident could have been a secret military project gone awry and the whole crashed alien disc story an elaborate cover-up. 

Project Mogul, as per the official explanation.