Sign in to follow this  
cianpars

nvngx_dlss.dll v 3.6

Version 3.6 is out.  I installed last night and will test later and report my findings.

I have been using 3.5 for a while now but had issues with v 3.5.1 as did a few others so it will be interesting to see how good the latest version is.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

where to get the latest version?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Initial impressions are that it is much better visually but at some loss of performance.  I've also noticed a bit more texture bleed through on runways and taxiways.

Some of this could be down to using DX12, FRG and AutoFPS though to some degree so if you don't use these your experience may be better.

I've just deleted my Nvidia DX cache and will retest a little more to see if that has helped (I should probably have done this straight after installing).

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Posted (edited)

I have tempered my expectations with these updates.  I never saw any noticeable difference between my older version 2.something and my current v 3.5 even.

Meanwhile, the usual YouTubers claim gains of up to 30% performance and sharper graphics, including the bluriness of the panels being improved. :rolleyes:  Some even claim the DLSS update improves TAA - amazing!

Still, they get their 10 minutes of exposure and lots of likes don't they?

The release notes are about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike, with 'various improvements' type of comments.

One shocker recently (during a Twitch session) was that Asobo thought the burry flat screens in DLSS had already been fixed. 
They are now investigating if the fix was applied or not (probably only take a couple of months). 

Not sure if is was with Nvidia anyway, as a while ago Nvidia stated it was up to Asobo to do something to mask the screens off in the sim. 
The usual grand confusion, and I am not even sure if they are talking about the same thing.  Frustrating to say the least! 

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 4

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Hard to tell. I also went to 551.86 this morning. Happy with what I'm seeing. 

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, St Mawgan said:

Hard to tell. I also went to 551.86 this morning. Happy with what I'm seeing. 

Do you use DLSS?  And if so, are the flat screens better?  I can't fire up MSFS until this evening.

Edited by bobcat999

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Just now, bobcat999 said:

Do you use DLSS?  And if so, are the flat screens better?  I can't fire up MSFS until this evening.

I do, and DX12. My flat screens have been pin sharp for ages but they look as good as ever as of right now. 

• Like 2

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

4 minutes ago, St Mawgan said:

I do, and DX12. My flat screens have been pin sharp for ages but they look as good as ever as of right now. 

Strange.  I would say that most of us still have the problem.  It may depend on screen resolution and some other factors maybe. 

Some people have improved it by using the additional upscaling setting in Nvidia Control Panel, but this does tend to sap performance back down to TAA levels, kind of defeating the object of using DLSS in the first place.

• Like 1

I've always run in 4K. No other mods in the background or tweaks outside of MSFS. I do remember they were a little blurry when I first switched to DX12 and DLSS and I don't know when that stopped but it's certainly been quite a while. Currently flying in the M500 and the screens are crystal clear. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Meanwhile, the usual YouTubers claim gains of up to 30% performance and sharper graphics, including the bluriness of the panels being improved. :rolleyes:  Some even claim the DLSS update improves TAA - amazing!

Not only, some even change the settings in the nVIDIA Control Panel for movie playback and claim a positive effect in MSFS...

• Like 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Definitely a tradeoff for better visuals at the expense of a bit of performance loss and a few more stutters at busier airports after a fair bit of testing now.

I will keep 3.6 for now, but may go back to 3.5 if the performance loss is too much over time.

The gauge blurriness are 'good enough' now for me to you DLSS - Quality. 

Vincent Rouleau

AMD Ryzen 7950X3d / 32.0GB G.SKILL Neo DDR5 6000 / Gigabyte  GeForce® RTX 4080 16Gig / / Samsung C49RG9 49' /ASUS  PB287QQ ‑ 27" UHD / AGAMMIX 2TB / Samsung 970 PRO 1TB /  PNY SSD 1TB / Windows 11 / Gigabyte B650M Elite Motherboard

I struggled with blurry gauges with 1440p but after switching to 4K it is totally sharp now. 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

The one main thing about DLSS that you don't have with TAA, dimmer night lighting. Airport taxi lighting and ground lighting as a whole are much dimmer with DLSS than TAA. Don't know why but this is one of the reasons I've gone back to TAA. 

• Like 2

Eric