Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

Just Flight 146 v2 update to be released next week

Only thing left now is a visualisation of pax in the cabin and along with all the features shown in this video this aircraft would provide one of the most immersive experiences available.  I heard some rumours GSX has this in the works, in any case very pleased to see that there will be GSX profiles and boarding integration.  Hope to see these features coming to the fokker as well.

I'm impressed, hats off!

1 hour ago, Ron Lefebvre said:

It fly's heavy and has a real tendency to shoot the speed up when you are not looking and the AP turns itself off for no apparent reason sometimes.

Yeah better check your assignment for that one, I fly the 146 a lot and I seriously mean a lot and I never had an issue with the AP disconnecting so I can't see this being aircraft related, the only bug I found which I reported was actually traced back to the WTT FMS, hopefully with the UNS-1 that will also become a thing of the past.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, stefaandk said:

Only thing left now is a visualisation of pax in the cabin and along with all the features shown in this video this aircraft would provide one of the most immersive experiences available.  I heard some rumours GSX has this in the works, in any case very pleased to see that there will be GSX profiles and boarding integration.  Hope to see these features coming to the fokker as well.

I'm impressed, hats off!

We are aware of FSDT possibly adding the passengers feature to GSX in the future, at which point we would investigate and potentially consider supporting it.  No guarantees of course.

• Like 1

GSX passengers look like zombies and I don't want them scaring me when I walk into the cabin lol. Seriously tho, the MSFS engine is more than capable of creating good looking and well animated people but it seems like FSDT just dragged and dropped models from the old sims.

• Like 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

This aircraft intimidates me. Which means I’d probably need to buy it at some stage. Flying the A320 seems like a walk in the park compared to this one. Even the A300.

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

16 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

This aircraft intimidates me. Which means I’d probably need to buy it at some stage. Flying the A320 seems like a walk in the park compared to this one. Even the A300.

On sale atm. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

36 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Well, you should avoid those star destroyers and try this plane. It's on sale anyway. Might as well pick it up. It isn't all that difficult to start or set up vspeeds etc

• Like 1

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I'm only just starting to learn modern airliners but I've had a lot of time in the 146 and flying VOR to VOR was actually a lot of fun! It's not a set it and forget it type of bird but its little quirks make it quite charming.

Edited by Krakin
  • Like 2

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

7 minutes ago, Krakin said:

I'm only just starting to learn modern airliners but I've had a lot of time in the 146 and flying VOR to VOR was actually a lot of fun! It's not a set it and forget it type of bird but its little quirks make it quite charming.

I quite enjoy flying VOR to VOR, been doing that a fair bit in the Black Square Caravan and King Air. What about thrust/speed management in the 146 - is that the trickiest part to "master"? How about landing the bird? And starting from cold and dark?

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

13 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

What about thrust/speed management in the 146 - is that the trickiest part to "master

The bae146 has a TMS, which is a poor mans autothrottle. You basically set a target (N1 or egt) and the TMS will do it's best of maintaining that target (for each engine I might add!).

White up / down arrows will indicate if you manually need to adjust the levers to indicated direction in order to achieve set target for TMS.

It's very intuitive once you get the hang of it though, you just need to remember that it can only adjust each thrust lever for small ranges. Think of it as a screw handle in a vernier mixture lever. the TMS is doing the fine adjustment (screw) you are doing the coarse push/pull.

TMS is disengaged for landing.

I was part of the beta for this bird in P3D back in the day so I'm strictly talking about features found there and from memory, but the MSFS variant is probably the same.

• Like 1

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, SAS443 said:

The bae146 has a TMS, which is a poor mans autothrottle.

Interesting. I've been doing a lot of challenging approaches in the Fenix lately, with autothrottle off. Not as tricky as I originally thought. But doing that for about 5-10 minutes is one thing - for a several hours long flight though... She's certainly pretty, can't argue with that!

iyRnw6Q.jpeg

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I quite enjoy flying VOR to VOR, been doing that a fair bit in the Black Square Caravan and King Air. What about thrust/speed management in the 146 - is that the trickiest part to "master"? How about landing the bird? And starting from cold and dark?

It's more complicated compared to an Airbus & Boeing for sure.

But like for everything, there are tons of tutorial videos on YT to master the beast.

• Like 1

It's a fantastic update, can't wait to come back to the Bae146.

And even more incredible, it's a free update for current users.

Thanks you Just flight and I definitively will buy more of your produtcs in the future.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Given its primitive automation (compared to modern airliners) it is certainly more of a challenge to fly, and stay ahead of, than the A320 or 737.

However it’s oh so satisfying when you get it all correct.

Edited by regis9
  • Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Posted (edited)

I couldn't resist buying it. Even before I finished watching their promo video. It just looks too good, and I'm sure I'll enjoy the challenge! London City here I come!

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 4