Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

Just Flight 146 v2 update to be released next week

7 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I couldn't resist buying it. Even before I finished watching their promo video. It just looks too good, and I'm sure I'll enjoy the challenge! London City here I come!

EGLC is a blast in this plane. Now with AutoFPS your TLOD won't tank your system like it would do to mine haha.

• Like 1

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Sonosusto said:

EGLC is a blast in this plane. Now with AutoFPS your TLOD won't tank your system like it would do to mine haha.

I bet 🙂 Sorry that you haven't been able to resolve your issues yet... If it helps, I spent the last 6-7 hours doing a complete MSFS reinstall because of some word not allowed error message. If gloating* over my miseries can make you feel better, head over to the thread that I just started. Perhaps you'll have a good chuckle and it'd not all been in vain... 

Edited by Cpt_Piett
*contemplate or dwell on one's own success or another's misfortune with smugness or malignant pleasure

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I bet 🙂 Sorry that you haven't been able to resolve your issues yet... If it helps, I spent the last 6-7 hours doing a complete MSFS reinstall because of some word not allowed error message. If gloating* over my miseries can make you feel better, head over to the thread that I just started. Perhaps you'll have a good chuckle and it'd not all been in vain... 

No, you helped. And I figured it out. I just leave expert mode on, and keep the "decrease cloud" unchecked. It still changes it though.

Oh man. You know better than to reinstall a sim hahaha but it sounds you tried everything.

Edited by Sonosusto

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

12 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I spent the last 6-7 hours doing a complete MSFS reinstall

In some ways, you are very fortunate.
A full reinstall of everything, including the world updates, would take an estimated
103 hours of downloading here in my part of the UK.

54 minutes ago, Reader said:

A full reinstall of everything, including the world updates, would take an estimated
103 hours of downloading here in my part of the UK.

Wow, where are you, the Outer Hebrides? 😄

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Getting ready to jump into the flight deck for the very first time, just watching 320’s video so that I’ll hopefully have some idea of how to do a cold and dark startup. Love the checklist on the yoke!

Btw do we need to get a Simbrief profile, and if so, where to find one?

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

14 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Getting ready to jump into the flight deck for the very first time, just watching 320’s video so that I’ll hopefully have some idea of how to do a cold and dark startup. Love the checklist on the yoke!

Btw do we need to get a Simbrief profile, and if so, where to find one?

There are some great SimBrief profiles already available and we include GSX profiles with the v2 version of the product. 

Martyn - Just Flight

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Martyn - Just Flight

Posted (edited)

I just realized that I need to configure my Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Throttle Quadrant for the 146. Does anyone have any advice on this? I've googled it and browsed through the Just Flight community forum but so far I haven't been able to find anything. I also checked the manual that came with it. 

EDIT: I removed the thrust lever detents (CL, FLX/MCT) and locked the reverse thrust handles (to get the full range from max reverse to TOGA). A linear axis seems to work at least for now, with dead zone 3%. Now I just have to come up with some sensible sensitivity settings for all the axis (thrust, pitch, roll, yaw). 

Edited by Cpt_Piett

Posted (edited)

I cheated a bit as I was eager to get her airborne (rwy start + ready for TO). My lord what a fun and beautiful aircraft! 

Take-off went well with "flaps1". Managing thrust is not too hard with small adjustments. All the practice in the Fenix with A/THR off seems to have paid off.

Hand-flying her is great fun (better when I reduced elevator sensitivity to -40%) and I quickly got a rudimentary understanding of the autopilot. Been using V/L mode to track VOR radials, ALT to hold altitude, HDG mode of course. And I find that IAS mode is probably the best for climb and descent, using thrust to adjust vertical speed. I have one idea how V/S mode works. The manual is very detailed (267 pages). 

I haven't even touched the FMS, but it doesn't seem to be that tricky as I selected the WT version. Don't think the aircraft has an LNAV/RNAV mode though...?

I have no regrets buying it.

And - I've got my favourite FO with me in the flight deck 😄

Pu9moyx.jpeg

z9HypBK.jpeg

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Don't think it has an LNAV/RNAV mode though...?

Yes it does. That's what the FMC is for! (Each of the two FMC variants)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Anyone who can fly the Q400 will be able to handle the UNS FMC in this which is a good thing. Unfortunately I’m quite a lazy flier these days due to the wonderful scenery in MSFS that I enjoy sightseeing instead of grappling with flying old iron so the lack of glass and autothrottle means I’ll probably pass this time. 

I will be all over the Fokker 70/100 and RJ like a rash though! 

Edited by bennyboy75

25 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Yes it does. That's what the FMC is for! (Each of the two FMC variants)

IsV2 released yet?  Two FMS?

-B

9 minutes ago, btacon said:

IsV2 released yet?  Two FMS?

-B

Not yet, I think. But should be soon (this weekend?).

42 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Not yet, I think. But should be soon (this weekend?).

Next week according to their Reddit post 2 days ago.

At the moment I’m happy flying her around in HDG and V/L mode with a bit of hand-flying to get a feel for the flight dynamics (got her filled up with max fuel). When I’m ready I’ll attempt a landing (probably not EGLC). And then I’ll probably test a simple flight plan with the FMC.

Autopilot seems okay, but it’s not an aircraft I would leave unattended for very long.