Fiorentoni

BeyondATC official poll - release now or later?

Posted (edited)

To be more precise: Release sooner without AI traffic OR release later with AI traffic.

Here's the poll link:

https://forms.gle/UQcu7KA7tDw5oaHg6

Personally I've chosen "sooner", I'm quite happy with AIG + AIGround + AIFlow, what I really need is a humanlike immersive ATC that works.

EDIT: And here's the discord link explaining the poll: https://discord.com/channels/1082413096045391915/1117850343607369888

Edited by Fiorentoni
  • Like 2

I say sooner. If you don't like a feature missing, just don't buy into it yet. However, you'll have a large influx of new users to test it out, making it even more polished and refined by the time its feature complete.

• Like 3

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

They could just follow the trend and release an "Early Access" version and then updates thereafter, everyone's a winner.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

I say sooner too. I've been flying with BATC for quite some time now without traffic and I don't really mind doing that a while longer. Specially if it indeed will take 2 to 4 months before traffic has been added (which is an estimate... might take longer). If they will indeed release sooner (no idea when exactly) it will still be some sort of open paid beta or early access, I think. This will help improving things even more before traffic gets added.

1 minute ago, MarcG said:

They could just follow the trend and release an "Early Access" version and then updates thereafter, everyone's a winner.

Well, that's what it will be, really.

Posted (edited)

Personally I've waited this long (what's a few more months), having FSLTL traffic being managed by BATC would seal the deal for an immersion factor for me. One thing I often disliked was the feeling of being alone on Vatsim (at times).

I'm more than happy to wait for traffic to be implemented, but I know FOMO is a real thing in this community and can confidently guess what majority will vote for.

Edited by Lucky38i
  • Like 3

Release when VFR procedures are included.

• Like 3

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Posted (edited)

Do we save anything by getting it sooner and not having the extra features?

Edited by RobJC
Okay I see the price will be the same. No thanks.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

11 minutes ago, Rimshot said:

Release when VFR procedures are included.

That's a point of discussion right now on Discord. Most think VFR is too complicated too add within a few months and it seems BATC will first release with IFR only (airliners and if possible GA plus uncontrolled airports), then traffic will be added and, from what I understand, VFR will come after that.

Hang on , I’ll just ask the “say intentions “ controller what they think on the matter 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

35 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

To be more precise: Release sooner without AI traffic OR release later with AI traffic.

Here's the poll link:

https://forms.gle/UQcu7KA7tDw5oaHg6

Personally I've chosen "sooner", I'm quite happy with AIG + AIGround + AIFlow, what I really need is a humanlike immersive ATC that works.

EDIT: And here's the discord link explaining the poll: https://discord.com/channels/1082413096045391915/1117850343607369888

Can't get link to discord to work...What is the discord?  Beyond ATC didn't show in search.

I voted later. ATC without controlling other aircraft is worthless. We have that right now already. Releasing it now would mean more work for them that could go into testing, which would delay the final release even more.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

"Hang on , I’ll just ask the “say intentions “ controller what they think on the matter "

😆  Loving SI so far.  Nice to have so many "smart" ATC options!

Edited by Pompey

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Pompey said:

"Hang on , I’ll just ask the “say intentions “ controller what they think on the matter "

😆  Loving SI so far.  Nice to have so many "smart" ATC options!

BATC is not controlled by ChatGPT. Only the voices are AI generated.

Edited by Fiorentoni