Fiorentoni

BeyondATC official poll - release now or later?

If they release it into early access without AI control it will still be a million miles better than default ATC.

I say go for it!

• Like 2

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I say later and without early access.

I'm patient person, I'd rather have a polished final product, instead of paying the developer for being allowed to playtest their software.

If you want your software tested, you pay me, not the other way round!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Tuskin38 said:

If I understand correctly, its not going to control any of your existing traffic, they have their own injector. 

I just mean using FSLTL models. 

• Upvote 1

Do it like Fenix. Block1 now and Block 2 later. Weeks, not months. 🙂

• Like 1

9 hours ago, regis9 said:

If they release it into early access without AI control it will still be a million miles better than default ATC.

I say go for it!

Only the voices are AI, the traffic managing part is scripted.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Please release now!

SImple reasons are that it surely will motivate the developer to get good feedback and good money (if its product is good!)
A full release is aimed to end of 2024 or later if several betatesters have said, so still a long road.

I have no problem with a kind of early access when I know what I get and I know what I can expect.

That is a big difference to FSHud as example, wich released a completely buggy product, then make an open official beta, which tooks also more then a year and the outcome is still unsure.

• Like 1

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By AI I mean managing the AI traffic.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Posted (edited)

I can see where this is leading, first the dev´s are rushed to realise unfinished product, then everybody begins whining and complaining, how it is buggy etc. Just be pationed and give the dev´s time to finish the BATC. I want to have a good ATC with AI traffic, so my flight are not lonely and boring.

Edited by LosGenero
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Avsim today: "Release it NOW, iron the kinks LATER!!!"

Avsim in a month: "I can't believe they released an unfinished product. Absolutely unacceptable."

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, LosGenero said:

I can see where this is leading, first the dev´s are rushed to realise unfinished product, then everybody begins whining and complaining, how it is buggy etc. Just be pationed and give the dev´s time to finish the BATC. I want to have a good ATC with AI traffic, so my flight are not lonely and boring.

And 1 month after release MS2024 will come out and everything starts over 🙂

45 minutes ago, Turpentine said:

Avsim in a month: "I can't believe they released an unfinished product. Absolutely unacceptable."

Once you get old enough you realize how ridiculously predictable the human mind is... This is exactly what's going to happen.

• Upvote 2

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

2 hours ago, Turpentine said:

Would you and anyone else please at least read what the actual poll is about? It's not about buggy release VS polished release, it's about releasing one polished part (ATC communications and human control) and releasing the other part (AI Injection and control) later. Compare it to the Fenix in 2022: Do you want the (polished) Fenix without an external engine model now or do you want to wait 2 years until it comes with the full external engine model?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Would you and anyone else please at least read what the actual poll is about? It's not about buggy release VS polished release, it's about releasing one polished part (ATC communications and human control) and releasing the other part (AI Injection and control) later. Compare it to the Fenix in 2022: Do you want the (polished) Fenix without an external engine model now or do you want to wait 2 years until it comes with the full external engine model?

To be fair, the polished part isn't entirely done either. It's just BeyondATC Core. At the very least they should wait until the last Core version (V1.5). In the other thread, one of the beta participants mentioned he felt the core product is many months away from being ready to go.

image.png?ex=66169d1a&is=6604281a&hm=b5a

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

35 minutes ago, WestAir said:

To be fair, the polished part isn't entirely done either. It's just BeyondATC Core. At the very least they should wait until the last Core version (V1.5). In the other thread, one of the beta participants mentioned he felt the core product is many months away from being ready to go.

image.png?ex=66169d1a&is=6604281a&hm=b5a

Fair enough, but what would happen (and what they said) is that they would focus exclusively on the AI traffic and then release it. It would be just as polished or unpolished. In other words: It would be released after "Traffic injection 1.0" and before Core ATC v1.5. So there's no further "polish" to be gained by waiting longer, since they wouldn't really work on that before finishing AI traffic. I mean we all have to manage our expectations: It will take YEARS before it's in a good enough shape to reliably control the human aircraft in every situation like P2ATC does. Even longer for AI traffic to be polished. ATC is so complicated and complex, no ATC tool has yet managed to release in a really good state and neither will BATC.

• Like 1