Fiorentoni

BeyondATC official poll - release now or later?

21 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Also even that brilliant mind would probably have gone the way of "a beautiful mind" if he had to code vectors for 30 AI aircraft simultaneously.

Why the need to control Ai? They takeoff, fly to their destination and land. If any are in front of you when landing then use AiCompanion to delete them.

That’s assuming you use AIG Ai of course.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

4 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Why the need to control Ai? They takeoff, fly to their destination and land. If any are in front of you when landing then use AiCompanion to delete them.

Please reread my first post you quoted. I was talking about SI and BATC planning to include AI injection and controlling.

8 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Please reread my first post you quoted. I was talking about SI and BATC planning to include AI injection and controlling.

I’m not interested because I don’t have MSFS. I only entered this debate because of your claim that P2ATC was the only ATC program that could vector aircraft correctly.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I’m not interested because I don’t have MSFS. I only entered this debate because of your claim that P2ATC was the only ATC program that could vector aircraft correctly.

I see, I was wrong in that regard, you're right.

Edited by Fiorentoni
  • Like 1

The more I read about BATC and beta I am thinking that this will become the Cyberpunk2077 of Flight Simulation. Stellar marketing and nothing to deliver.

The "You spoke, we listen"-Video and the poll said everything. 

2 hours ago, techman said:

The more I read about BATC and beta I am thinking that this will become the Cyberpunk2077 of Flight Simulation. Stellar marketing and nothing to deliver.

I‘m afraid you‘re right. People that have been on the beta have very clearly said that this is far from reliable for IFR flights, and on top of that people have really high expectations. This together is a recipe for disaster.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, techman said:

You mean that Cyberpunk that sold by the millions, is highly rated on Steam and is getting glowing recommendations after its initial rocky lunch, with majority of its backlash coming from the console version, with an impressive post-lunch support in terms of massive patches and gameplay changes? Even got a really good piece of DLC content that was also well-received with very positive reviews? Yeah, let's hope it becomes Cyberpunk 2077 then.

Edited by Sethos
  • Like 2

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

2 hours ago, Sethos said:

You mean that Cyberpunk that sold by the millions, is highly rated on Steam and is getting glowing recommendations after its initial rocky lunch, with majority of its backlash coming from the console version, with an impressive post-lunch support in terms of massive patches and gameplay changes? Even got a really good piece of DLC content that was also well-received with very positive reviews? Yeah, let's hope it becomes Cyberpunk 2077 then.

Lol, I never got CyberPunk, but as soon as I saw the comment it made me think of No Man's Sky.

Still searching for the perfect ATC, so at the price they look to be selling it I will probably get it as soon as it's out, certainly didn't regret NMS .. ..

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

I seriously doubt  if any ATC developer can get good AI control and good ATC operation, both at the same time. It is too much for one program to handle. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I seriously doubt  if any ATC developer can get good AI control and good ATC operation, both at the same time. It is too much for one program to handle. 

Well theoretical it's the same thing, just has to be able to cope when YOU do something it isn't expecting... for IFR at least.

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

15 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

We have a sim so advanced where people are tinkering with fine mass and balance, aerodynamics, handling, microbursts, standing waves, flows, behaviour of things like packs, APUs, tillers...  And yet for AI we have to go into another program and delete aircraft manually that cut us up on landing?  There's a massive discrepancy there.  

15 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Because of realism and immersion. In the real world planes in front of you aren't zapped into nothing whenever they get in your way. And it's just great hearing ATC talk to planes you can actually see (instead of hearing some fake chatter). It's also nice to be treated just as any other plane out there. Makes the world around you so much more alive and real. And what's the use of Air Traffic Control if it doesn't control any air traffic? You might as well fly without it then.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Langeveldt said:

We have a sim so advanced where people are tinkering with fine mass and balance, aerodynamics, handling, microbursts, standing waves, flows, behaviour of things like packs, APUs, tillers...  And yet for AI we have to go into another program and delete aircraft manually that cut us up on landing?  There's a massive discrepancy there.  

Sadly, that's how things are with all the default ATC in the various sims over the years. FSX, All P3D and now MSFS. They'll give you an ATC of sorts but for the best control you need someone capable of writing a top-notch ATC program. We tried to control Ai ahead of us in Radar Contact / FSX but they had a mind of their own. You were continually fighting the default code to slow them down or speed them up. I remember aircraft zipping past us at supersonic speed! 😁

Whether newer program can control them remains to be seen. It's one hell of an undertaking.

1 minute ago, tup61 said:

Because of realism and immersion. In the real world planes in front of you aren't zapped into nothing whenever they get in your way. And it's just great hearing ATC talk to planes you can actually see (instead of hearing some fake chatter). It's also nice to be treated just as any other plane out there. Makes the world around you so much more alive and real. And what's the use of Air Traffic Control if it doesn't control any air traffic? You might as well fly without it then.

What real humans can achieve in the real world is very different to what's possible in the flight sim one. I suppose if you had just 10-20 Ai with just a couple inbound to your runway it could be controllable. But in the 35 years I've had flight sim it's yet to be achieved. Tells you how difficult it is.

Yes, zapping another aircraft in front of you coming in to land isn't ideal but it's better than being issued a go-around. For me anyway.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

8 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Whether newer program can control them remains to be seen. It's one hell of an undertaking.

What real humans can achieve in the real world is very different to what's possible in the flight sim one. I suppose if you had just 10-20 Ai with just a couple inbound to your runway it could be controllable. But in the 35 years I've had flight sim it's yet to be achieved. 

Actually FSHud already does it. Still needs some finetuning but they already achieved it. And it is already available since some time.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

Actually FSHud already does it. Still needs some finetuning but they already achieved it. And it is already available since some time.

Indeed. Just landed with FSHud ATC at LFML runway 13R and it was great to hear and see another plane being told to take off from runway 13L at the same time (and that plane of course had the correct Volotea livery too!). I could hear and see the plane at the holding point asking for clearance, I could hear and see him line up, take off... very immersive! (Screenshot is zoomed in. Wanted to take a screenshot earlier on but hey, I was busy landing! 🙂 ) The airport felt quite alive during taxi too. Great stuff.

ATC controlling traffic (and so doing its job) is absolutely great. And available today. Sure beats 'ATC' only talking to you and zapping the rest.;)

spacer.png

Edited by tup61
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3