Sign in to follow this  
El Diablito

FSLTL or AIG?

Which isn't that big of a loss unless you like to hang around cargo airports.

11 hours ago, Drebin27 said:

I also use the FSLTL injector with only the AIG models. There's over 7500 models/liveries compared to under 2000 with the FSLTL model package

Interesting, how do you achieve this? Simply remove the FSLTL model library? The injector then basically uses the fallback for each and every plane? I currently have both FSLTL and AIG fully installed and I still think that the fallback does not really work well comparing the variability of textures and models of both FSLTL and AIG on a given airport at a given time. 

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

The last time i installed AIG the models looked terrible. This was well over a year ago but they looked bad. I wondered if maybe something was up, because the FSLTL liveries look so nice. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

I used AIG (full package) from day one, even with their old interface and never regretted it since then.

I did try FSLTL for a while until I realised that an unrealistic number of parked airplanes could not be correct (for example four TAP planes on Geneva tarmac at the same time and same phenomenon at some other airports).

So I stick to AIG to have a more realistic picture of what the probable traffic is at the time of my flight. This is especially useful if I fly out of a Far-East airport where the time difference is 7 to 9 hours, AIG will provide for that, FSLTL obviously can't. 

• Like 2

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, AnkH said:

Interesting, how do you achieve this? Simply remove the FSLTL model library? The injector then basically uses the fallback for each and every plane? I currently have both FSLTL and AIG fully installed and I still think that the fallback does not really work well comparing the variability of textures and models of both FSLTL and AIG on a given airport at a given time. 

Yes, don't put the FSLTL model package in your community folder. If you have both FSLTL and AIG models, you're just increasing loading times for no good reason.

FSLTL injector will use AIG models only if FSLTL models are missing.

Edited by Drebin27

14 minutes ago, Drebin27 said:

FSLTL injector will use AIG models only if FSLTL models are missing.

And this works fine? You do not see massively reduced variety in models and liveries doing this approach? Have to test this once.

BTW: could not care less about loading times, I do not really see a noticable difference between FLSTL only, AIG only or both. I also have the full GAIST installation, so my loading times are anyway huge 😉 

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, AnkH said:

And this works fine?

Yes, and FSLTL will even match some of the unique AIG liveries via tail number.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

I tend to forget that I've downloaded all of AIG's flight plans and models as I'm so used to using FSLTL. Decided to give AIG another try. Booted up the sim at LSZH Zürich. 

1) Models look great

2) Set traffic injector to 50%

3) No performance impact whatsoever (same FPS before and after)

lVIBda8.jpeg

Ok, I can hear all of you thinking "but what about KJFK/EGLL/KLAX"... 

• Like 2

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

54 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I tend to forget that I've downloaded all of AIG's flight plans and models as I'm so used to using FSLTL.

When was the last time you ran AI Manager? I say that only because if it has been a while, there may be model updates as well as numerous livery updates etc.

• Like 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Thanks to everyone for their two cents in this thread. I'm tempted to give AIG another try out of curiosity but I'm intimidated by their download structure, the last time I had to go through each model and change a code, has this been updated? 

Also, if memory serves me right, do I need to download the manager and the controller just for simple injection? Cheers

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

When was the last time you ran AI Manager? I say that only because if it has been a while, there may be model updates as well as numerous livery updates etc.

I installed everything using OCI a few weeks ago. Just ran manager 30 mins ago and it did download quite a few new flightplans (and models I think). 

I'm going to test AIG at different airports now. Interested in what traffic volume my hardware will allow me to run at the biggest hubs. And how the airline variation will be (currently the AIG folder is 52.5GB). I wonder if I will ever see any Hobby Lobbys? Or Hokkaido Air Systems? Or perhaps Queen Bilqis Airways?

22 minutes ago, El Diablito said:

Thanks to everyone for their two cents in this thread. I'm tempted to give AIG another try out of curiosity but I'm intimidated by their download structure, the last time I had to go through each model and change a code, has this been updated? 

Also, if memory serves me right, do I need to download the manager and the controller just for simple injection? Cheers

The automated download system is much improved. At least during the 1.5 years ago since I actively used it. And yes - you need both AI manager and Traffic Controller. The former to install models and flight plans. The latter only if you want to use their proprietary injector. 

Traffic Controller: 

tRARBmD.jpeg

SGQqWEq.jpeg

AIG Manager:

g5kvm0T.jpeg

JvMOBdJ.jpeg

When updating flight plans, it occasionally fails to do so automatically, directing you to a website for manual download. I usually skip this part, although it's not tricky to do. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 2

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

Posted (edited)

FSLTL...because AIG takes ages to load traffic 🥱 (I hope to be proven wrong)

I only keep AIG for when I feel like using FSHud for ATC (instead of PF3).

Edited by Luis Hernandez
  • Like 1

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

18 minutes ago, Luis Hernandez said:

FSLTL...because AIG takes ages to load traffic 🥱 (I hope to be proven wrong)

I only keep AIG for when I feel like using FSHud for ATC (instead of PF3).

I always start the AIG Traffic Controller & MSFS at the same time and AIGTC is always up and running long before MSFS is fully loaded.  By the time I set up my flight and am sitting at the gate the airport is full of traffic.

• Like 2

System: i7-11700K, ASUS Prime Z590M-PLUS Motherboard, G-Skills Trident Z Series 64 GB DDR4 3200, Corsair RM1000x80 PLUS Gold, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll, GeForce RTX 4070 Super FE, NVIDIA Drivers 546.65, WD Blue NVMe m2  500GB SSD for Windows 10 Home v21H2,  WD Black SN850X 2 TB NVMe m2  for MSFS, Toshiba 2TB HD for data and other games, ViewSonic XG2705-2K  27" 2560x1440 144hz Monitor,  Thrustmaster Airbus flight stick, Logitech M510 wireless Mouse.

Same. I think TC needs to be started before the sim anyway? Once it's up and running and a flight is loaded, injection doesn't take that long. Well, perhaps at 100% it might (but I never use that setting). 

• Like 1

I'm installing AIG models right now. I'm hoping for better performance over FSLTL.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD