Sign in to follow this  
El Diablito

FSLTL or AIG?

4 hours ago, El Diablito said:

the last time I had to go through each model and change a code, has this been updated? 

Not sure what you even mean by changing a code. You just download the flightplan(s) [= airlines] and it will download and install all models and liveries it needs by itself.

Is there an option in AIG to choose texture sizes?

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

6 minutes ago, threexgreen said:

Is there an option in AIG to choose texture sizes?

yes  in  the  manager under  option  there  is  a check box if  you want  to install 2048 textures or  not

• Like 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

AIG all the way. I tried FSLTL when it first came out and didn't see anything better than what I already had with AIG. The old interface was fine with me, so so I went right back.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

Both.

FSLTL is more streamlined/easier and better performance and I use it when Im flying in my own timezone/weather etc.

AIG is amazing because it's offline, has a bajillion liveries and the performance is fine when you uncheck ground vehicles and keep the traffic within 30ish %. FSLTL will also use AIG liveries.

Also....AIG is vastly different from a few years ago. A lot easier to install now.

• Like 1

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

For a couple of versions AIG has the option to "filter" traffic by your departure and arrival airport. What that means is that any other aircraft on the gorund (not in the air, only on the ground) on other nearby airports will be disabled. This massively improves FPS in areas that have many big airports close together (New York, Miami, Los Angeles, London come to mind). E.g. when you depart from KJFK and filter traffic, all ground aircraft at KEWR, KLGA, KTEB and whatever is close enough will be killed. Great feature: You'll still have a realistically full (if you set 100%) airport, but with much less overall AI traffic (and therefore much better FPS).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I think TC needs to be started before the sim anyway

It doesn't, you can launch at any time.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

For a couple of versions AIG has the option to "filter" traffic by your departure and arrival airport.

Too bad they removed it, sounds like a great feature. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

For a couple of versions AIG has the option to "filter" traffic by your departure and arrival airport. What that means is that any other aircraft on the gorund (not in the air, only on the ground) on other nearby airports will be disabled. This massively improves FPS in areas that have many big airports close together (New York, Miami, Los Angeles, London come to mind). E.g. when you depart from KJFK and filter traffic, all ground aircraft at KEWR, KLGA, KTEB and whatever is close enough will be killed. Great feature: You'll still have a realistically full (if you set 100%) airport, but with much less overall AI traffic (and therefore much better FPS).

Totally agree! Love that setting.

Edited by Sonosusto

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

9 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Nope its still there!

38 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

it hasn't been removed

16 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

it hasn't been removed

Great. I must have misread Fiorentoni's post. Thought he said "a couple of versions ago". 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

AIG has been installing for 10 hours now. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

Okay I was wrong. AIG models and flight plans + FSLTL Injection is pretty good. The movement is much better than using FSLTL for everything. The quality of the models is also very good .My previous install of AIG must have been hosed. 

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

12 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

FSLTL lets you kill all traffic near you with one click. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310