Sign in to follow this  
El Diablito

FSLTL or AIG?

When FSLTL got launched I decided to delte all my AIG files simply because I was struggling for space at the time. I recently noticed at EGLL there was about a 20fps difference between having FSLTL on and off and I thought, is it really worth it?

I know AIG have done a lot of updates to their UI etc since I last had it and I'm wondering if it's worth revisiting..

How is AIG in terms of performance and is it easier to download all the liveries and manage them now?

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

Posted (edited)

FSLTL is simple, easy to install and looks and sounds great. 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

FSLTL is easy and simple to install but AIG will bring more a lot models and about 8-10x the liveries. Performance wise is the same for the most part as it's more relative to how many aircraft you are getting at any particular session. That being said, AIG will generally inject ALOT more aircraft especially as the injection ring in MSFS is much larger than it was in P3d so every user should adjust their traffic % based on their system capabilities.  As for the install process for AIG, some find it easy albeit a very long process and others find it more difficult. Like many things in life, you go the simple route, you get the simple results or put more work into it and get the better product. Similar to learning the default MSFS A320, there's nothing wrong with it, but when you invest the time to learn the Fenix A320 you get a better overall experience.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

AIG. FSLTL's liveries are too little and too few in variance. AIG has like ever aircraft model in service,  every airline on this planet and every single special livery. They have different liveries for things like when there's a sticker more on the engine nacelle. Really immersive.

• Like 2

Can I use both model sets with the FSLTL injector simultaneously? I am missing A300 models when flying online (VATSIM), this type is not included in the FSLTL model sets so far.

One way to improve the performance of FSLTL is, if you havent already, to reduce the texture resolution of the aircraft from 4K. I have reduced them to 2K and it certainly seems to help at airports. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vel said:

One way to improve the performance of FSLTL is, if you havent already, to reduce the texture resolution of the aircraft from 4K. I have reduced them to 2K and it certainly seems to help at airports. 

That's the main issue.  Whilst FSLTL is great, it has quite a performance hit and whilst you can reduce the texture size, I've heard of a few having problems doing so.  You also have to repeat the process when there is an update.

The guys at FSLTL simply refuse to make 1440 textures available as an option and I have no idea why.

• Like 2

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

i am using AIG models only and both injector, 

AIGtraffic when i fly in a custom time 

FSLTL injector when i fly in live time

• Upvote 1

I prefer AIG for better frames and a superior assortment of liveries available.

• Like 2

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

48 minutes ago, DieselTen said:

Can I use both model sets with the FSLTL injector simultaneously? I am missing A300 models when flying online (VATSIM), this type is not included in the FSLTL model sets so far.

Yes. FSLTL will use the AIG liveries as a backup. You could also just delete the FSLTL liveries completely and it should exclusively use AIG, but not 100% sure since I use the AIG injector (AIGTC).

• Like 1

I use FSLTL injector with AIG models and textures (better FPS than FSLTL ones)

30 minutes ago, motishow said:

AIGtraffic when i fly in a custom time 

FSLTL injector when i fly in live time

That's a key difference between the two's that I'm surprise few raised. AIG generated anything probable at the time you choose in MSFS while FSLTL will inject FSTraffic-almost-real-time AI traffic. 

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

57 minutes ago, cianpars said:

That's the main issue.  Whilst FSLTL is great, it has quite a performance hit and whilst you can reduce the texture size, I've heard of a few having problems doing so.  You also have to repeat the process when there is an update.

The guys at FSLTL simply refuse to make 1440 textures available as an option and I have no idea why.

If you get a perofrmance hit, all you have to do is turn down the number of aircraft in the menu, which you can do even when flying. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I am using FSLTL and AIG models only to get the best of both worlds. The superior models/liveries from AIG with real-time injected aircraft... 

I am only wondering if I miss any models when having the FSLTL base package not installed...

I also use the FSLTL injector with only the AIG models. There's over 7500 models/liveries compared to under 2000 with the FSLTL model package.

There's no FPS difference between the AIG and FSLTL models as far as I can see. FPS is determined by the amount of models injected and that's easily controlled with the FSLTL injector.