Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Azurpoly - OV-10 Bronco Trailer

23 minutes ago, Lonesome Cowboy Burt said:

I feel like landing this thing is teaching me bad habits

I finally figured our how to land this thing like butter! LOL The kay point is not to move throttle all the way to idle . There is detent 3/4 way down marked as "flight idle". If you keep 100 kts all the way to short final and gradually reduce throttle to "flight idle" (you will hear click) she will settled flare and nicely touch down. However, If you chop throttle all the way to idle she will stall and drop! Ouch - thanks sturdy gears! LOL

I must say landing in OV-10 is very rewarding! LOL

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Bob Hoover flies Bronco

• Like 4

13 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

I finally figured our how to land this thing like butter! The kay point is not to move throttle all the way to idle . There is detent 3/4 way down marked as "flight idle". If you keep 100 kts all the way to short final and gradually reduce throttle to "flight idle" (you will hear click) she will settled flare and nicely touch down. However, If you chop throttle all the way to idle she will stall and drop! Ouch - thanks sturdy gears! LOL

I must say landing in OV-10 is very rewarding! LOL

Lol, no wonder you stalled and dropped previously if you were going back beyond the flight Idle position, thats just for engine start.

10 hours ago, Lonesome Cowboy Burt said:

Lol, no wonder you stalled and dropped previously if you were going back beyond the flight Idle position, thats just for engine start.

It looks like they are going to adjust throttle setting in the next update (based on discord). A lot of people got caught out with MSFS default idle throttle causing thrust reverse and abrupt stall LOL

12 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

It looks like they are going to adjust throttle setting in the next update (based on discord). A lot of people got caught out with MSFS default idle throttle causing thrust reverse and abrupt stall LOL

Easy to fix though, just lowered the flight idle detent in the EFB to 23%, works fine for me now

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

39 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

Easy to fix though, just lowered the flight idle detent in the EFB to 23%, works fine for me now

I believe calibration should vary depending on hardware. I initially calibrated my idle detent to 40% but it got reset after one flight.

20 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

Bob Hoover flies Bronco

Good grief, that is impressive!

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

An easy solution that I've found is just to set flight idle to your minimum hardware throttle position in the EFB, and then you can only enter ground idle and reverse by toggling the reverser button.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, GregP said:

An easy solution that I've found is just to set flight idle to your minimum hardware throttle position in the EFB, and then you can only enter ground idle and reverse by toggling the reverser button.

Yep this works fine for me also

Air Warriors OV-10 Bronco

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

The Azurpoly Bronco is now available on the Contrail store for people who prefer to not to buy from the official Marketplace

https://contrail.shop/collections/frontpage/products/azurpoly-ov-10-bronco-msfs

Fabulous!  Thanks for the hu

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

And hopefully ORBX in time for the weekend. 

• Like 1

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

57 minutes ago, St Mawgan said:

And hopefully ORBX in time for the weekend. 

OV-10 Bronco - Orbx (orbxdirect.com)

Michael

• Like 1

Michael Thesen

MSFS, HP Reverb G2, Gigabyte B760 32Gb, Samsung 970 EVO, Geforce RTX 4070-TI, Win11, i7-14700KF, Thrustmaster T16000M, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

Just got it from Orbx. I've only done a quick circuit around Edwards KEDW, but I love it already. So many great aircraft around at the moment.

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org