Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Azurpoly - OV-10 Bronco Trailer

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Heh…been there. Done that.  Many times. Dupe.

-B

1 minute ago, btacon said:

Heh…been there. Done that.  Many times. Dupe.

-B

Hmmmm... Videos only been out a few hours?

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I thought the (Azurpoly) OV-10 was already out a couple of months ago.  Am I thinking of a freeware OV-10?

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

40 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Hmmmm... Videos only been out a few hours?

He means...

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

3 minutes ago, 109Sqn said:

Ah....

• Like 1

Devons rig

I'll buy.  Cool plane!

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Release timeframe?

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

2 hours ago, kevinfirth said:

Release timeframe?

Apparently april.

• Upvote 1

Devons rig

Today 😄 and it turned out an absolute awesome plane, this evening is another livestream with the Bronco.

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Posted (edited)

Hm I haven´t found no new Bronco videos on YouTube this morning. Strange I thought yesterday was release day? Hm my mistake. But I am sure this or next week the Bronco is getting released.

Even the bonnet can be opened (or is it called engine cover?) to have a look at the nice turbines. I love that - nothing is more complicated to model in 3D than an engine with all the small cables and hoses and nuts and bolts and details, only the best airplanes have visible engines.

In the videos the tester is discussing the geared engine. But aren´t all PT-6 engines with a free-running turbine driving a planetary gear? What is the difference between a bronco engine and a King Air or Turbine Duke engine?

Edited by JetCat

Posted (edited)

Yea you had me looking for confirmation Yesterday and nowhere was a date given so don't know why you said that

Re the difference in Engines, the TPE331 in the Bronco is a single shaft turbine, whereas the PT6 has an independent turbine disc and shaft to rotate the gearbox and prop

independent as in not joined to the main shaft of the core engine compressor and turbine which can be made to be more efficient...think of it as the TPE331 being a basic turboshaft engine but the PT6  having an extra shaft running concentrically with just a turbine wheel on it and only this section drives  the gearbox

Edited by Lonesome Cowboy Burt

1 hour ago, Lonesome Cowboy Burt said:

Yea you had me looking for confirmation Yesterday and nowhere was a date given so don't know why you said that

Re the difference in Engines, the TPE331 in the Bronco is a single shaft turbine, whereas the PT6 has an independent turbine disc and shaft to rotate the gearbox and prop

independent as in not joined to the main shaft of the core engine compressor and turbine which can be made to be more efficient...think of it as the TPE331 being a basic turboshaft engine but the PT6  having an extra shaft running concentrically with just a turbine wheel on it and only this section drives  the gearbox

It's the same model of engine as in the Mu-2 but hopefully Azurpoly have done a better job of modelling it than ini's abomination.

• Like 1

Not meaning to knock this in any way, as I will probably buy it, and I know the developers are supposed to stick to the SDK for such things, but why does this have the strobing flickery props when the freeware version (by someone else) doesn't?  The freeware prop effects are just about perfect and some of the best done effects I have seen in the sim.

It is one of the things that annoys me and looks totally unrealistic, if not jarring to the sight.  It makes it look like a simulator from the 80's with such poor effects.

Like I say, the freeware one and even the much maligned Carenado can get the rotating prop effects right, and they develop directly for MS / Asobo as we know, so are they straying away from the SDK in a way that is allowable?

I mention this as when I asked about the poor prop effects on the Just flight Arrows / Warrior, I was told they were just following the SDK, but they tried to alter the effect at certain cruise revs so it didn't seem so bad, which to me, obviously indicates there is an issue if they have to do this kind of thing.

It amazes me how much effort developers put into their work, and then have to suffer prop effects that are the worst I have seen in any modern sim.

I will be watching the Just Flight Tomahawk for this to see if they have managed to improve it.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.