Sign in to follow this  
Fielder

Which is better. A320 NEO or Gee Bee Racer?

North American P51 vs. Cessna 152.

The Microsoft March Madness brackets.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/msfs-madness-2024/635078

spacer.png

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Caravan… or Dreamliner…

lol

We might as well be comparing a Saturn V and the USS Enterprise in terms of mission and capabilities. 

Can you bet on this bracket in Vegas? I wonder what the odds are that the GeeBee will upset the 320 as favorite plane.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

1 hour ago, Fiorentoni said:

What a stupid thing.

You are not tuned into the insanity in the United States that is "March Madness".

Similar to the stupid way you Europeans go nuts over your soccer Football, the US has a tradition of putting the Annual NCAA basketball tournament into this "Bracket" format and some Americans lose their minds when the pairings are made...spending ridiculous amounts of money betting on which 2 will make it to the final, and eventually the overall winner.

Marriages have ended, jobs lost, lives lost over this silly gambling ritual, and Fielder's just linking to the rather comical parody in our world. 

Watching grown men kick around a ball with only their feet for 90+ mins...only to see a score that sometimes amounts to nothing (Wow...did I just watch a sporting event that ended with not a single score...how pathetic am I?)  ....I know some like you (and me) think this March Madness bracket thing is..... dumb.

But it made me smile when I saw it, because I think its funny as heÌÌ!

• Like 3

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

22 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

You are not tuned into the insanity in the United States that is "March Madness".

Similar to the stupid way you Europeans go nuts over your soccer Football, the US has a tradition of putting the Annual NCAA basketball tournament into this "Bracket" format and some Americans lose their minds when the pairings are made...spending ridiculous amounts of money betting on which 2 will make it to the final, and eventually the overall winner.

Marriages have ended, jobs lost, lives lost over this silly gambling ritual, and Fielder's just linking to the rather comical parody in our world. 

Watching grown men kick around a ball with only their feet for 90+ mins...only to see a score that sometimes amounts to nothing (Wow...did I just watch a sporting event that ended with not a single score...how pathetic am I?)  ....I know some like you (and me) think this March Madness bracket thing is..... dumb.

I do know March Madness (actually I'm an avid US sports fan); the "teams" if you will are just stupid here. 787 vs Cessna? Sure, how about this: "Who wins: Coffee or the color green?"

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

I do know March Madness (actually I'm an avid US sports fan); the "teams" if you will are just stupid here. 787 vs Cessna? Sure, how about this: "Who wins: Coffee or the color green?"

But that's what makes it funny/ridiculous.

spacer.png5800X3D, 64GB 3200 RAM, 7900 XT 20GB

20 minutes ago, iborg1979 said:

But that's what makes it funny/ridiculous.

Exactly.   A few millennia ago...a team will a silly name called "Gonzaga" became part of basketball lore...and all that time I thought it was some off-shoot of a Japanese monster about to face off with the other "G" monster. 

45 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

the "teams" if you will are just stupid here. 787 vs Cessna? Sure, how about this: "Who wins: Coffee or the color green?

True.  But that is what makes it funny.  Even funnier is that everyone here sees how silly it is to match an A320 Neo vs a BeeGee.  Show this list to 99% of the rest of the world's population, and they would not even see the comedic value because they'd have no clue what a BeeGee is.  They'd likely think its an old 80's music group vs an airplane that just made you laugh to look at it.

Just like I can look up when a jet flies over and instantly tell my wife what airline, model, engine type the plane is, which she thinks is just silly that I know this (and she could care less)....let another woman walk by us in Louboutin's or Jimmy Choo's and she can instantly tell you the model, year produced and the retail price...I just see a stupid pair of high heels that some poor woman is doing a balancing act to walk on.  And to think that a lot of those shoes cost more than my entire gaming rig, makes me want to vomit.   The world is just simply full of stupid stuff when you stop and think about it. 🤔

• Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Posted (edited)

Huh? 😄

Someone has far too much time on their hands to produce that MSFS Madness meme 😆

Edited by JYW
  • Like 2

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Posted (edited)

MSFS Community manager Seedy just wanted to do something fun.

lighten up

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

I love the Caravan so that bracket would be close. 

Edited by RobJC

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

16 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Watching grown men kick around a ball with only their feet for 90+ mins.

What else do you expect them to kick it with? 😜

(For the record, I'm a Brit who hates soccer and loves football, American-style.)

Maybe Seedy should have waited a couple of days longer before coming up with this. 😆

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

Posted (edited)

So who is going to win the finals in this meme bracket's I say the buggy "non expert" ATR 42-6 vs the Cessna 152 in a close 52% ATR and 152 48%. CJ4 or Longitude should win it though. Funny they don't include 3rd party aircrfaft.

Edited by JBDB-MD80

17 hours ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

Funny they don't include 3rd party aircrfaft.

Leaving them out means Microsoft / Asoba is guaranteed to win! 😉

• Upvote 1

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

On 3/29/2024 at 5:04 AM, Steve Dra said:

That is opposed to American Football, where the actual action is around 15 minutes in an entire game. ( And I am American, and love Soccer. ) You can't be morbidly obese and play soccer. 😉

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310