Sign in to follow this  
bernd1151

Refuge Cove to Vancouver

I thought it was time to change my mode of transportation again. I hope you’ll forgive me 🙂

Refuge Cove is a year-round community on West Redonda Island in the heart of the Desolation Sound area of the Inside Passage. It serves as a centrally located supply stop for boaters travelling in or near Desolation Sound.

Today we take our private yacht and will go from here to Vancouver

1.jpg 

2.jpg 

3.jpg 

3a.jpg 

4.jpg 

5.jpg 

6.jpg

Let’s go

8.jpg 

7.jpg 

9.jpg 

10.jpg 

11.jpg 

12.jpg

Once we are out of the cove, the sea gets rough

13.jpg

Passing by Sechelt. I don’t want to be on that sailboat right now

14.jpg

Close to Vancouver

15.jpg 

16.jpg

17.jpg 

18.jpg

19.jpg 

Tied down and secured, lets party

20.jpg

Thanks for viewing

• Like 11

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Fine set, beautiful pics, and what - now we have a Ship Simulator ?? 😅🙂

cheers 😉

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

2 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

I thought it was time to change my mode of transportation again. I hope you’ll forgive me 🙂

You're forgiven, bernd...🙂.... Though I was wondering what the changed mode of transportation would be...🙂...But you're no stranger to Ship-related Posts here.

Lovely set of images with lots of details...from a most scenic region of the world...!

• Like 1

Funny thing is how fast some of these super yachts are, particularly in higher sea states.

I can't tell you the number of times one has passed me by in my little 22' boat like I was just idling along. One time, they passed by and were towing a 24' boat (longer than mine) and the "dinghy's" hull was up on plane 😂

• Like 1

Great set of shots Bernd!

Love your private yacht! (...and I thought I was in paradise making the Desolation Sound trip in a Columbia 26 thirty years ago!!!)  🙂

• Like 1

Thank you all for your kind comments, gents and a Happy Easter to all of you!

4 hours ago, pmplayer said:

and what - now we have a Ship Simulator ?? 😅🙂

Sometimes it's very tempting, PM 🙂

2 hours ago, P_7878 said:

But you're no stranger to Ship-related Posts here.

Hahaha

2 hours ago, UrgentSiesta said:

One time, they passed by and were towing a 24' boat (longer than mine) and the "dinghy's" hull was up on plane 😂

😄😄

2 hours ago, rmeier said:

.and I thought I was in paradise making the Desolation Sound trip in a Columbia 26 thirty years ago!!

That's a very nice boat, Rod! I once read that it has the comfort and spaciousness of a Columbia 30 🙂

• Like 3

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

1 hour ago, bernd1151 said:

That's a very nice boat, Rod! I once read that it has the comfort and spaciousness of a Columbia 30 🙂

LOL...every recreational boater will eventually succumb to the affliction of "two-foot-itus"...a bigger boat is always better!  🤣

Back in the day, I used to teach sailing part time out of Island Cruising in Sidney BC, usually on C&C 34 and C&C 35 sailboats. Coming back to my C26 was always an adjustment...just due to the lack of headroom in the cabin.

That being said, the C26 was built in the early years of production fiberglass boat manufacturing...when builders thought the fiberglass hull had to be as thick as a wood plank!  😊

The C26 could easily accommodate 2 couples on a weekend trip...and I don't know how many times I was caught on the wrong side of Georgia Strait during "poorer" weather conditions...never had an issue crossing with 25-30 kts of wind and 6 foot waves, and with the high freeboard, the cockpit would also stay dry.

Of course, in that weather, I was usually the only (dumb enough) person to be out in Georgia Strait in a recreational boat...almost always, the Harbour Air Beaver Seaplanes flying between YVR's seaplane base and Victoria Harbour would come "buzz" over me in Georgia Strait just to be sure I wasn't in distress! 

Had that boat for over 15 years...and now a life time of memories!

• Like 2

Can a pilot be a sailor? This is the question here Bernd and than this ship in general, too much money or what? 😄

But nice shots in any case...

PC: Ryzen 7 3700x AM4, 16 GB RAM, GTX 1060 6GB, Storage SSD 3TB, HDD 8TB, USB 8TB, 2 Screens, Win10-64

SIMs: FSX SE, P3d 3.4/4.5/6.1, Xplane11/12, MSFS, Aerofly 4

6 hours ago, andiflyit said:

too much money or what? 😄

Oh yes, definitely way too much money. Virtual money that is 😄 

• Like 1

Looked at the shots again and I must say that the ship seems to be really a wonderful model. Than it's worth the money...🙂

PC: Ryzen 7 3700x AM4, 16 GB RAM, GTX 1060 6GB, Storage SSD 3TB, HDD 8TB, USB 8TB, 2 Screens, Win10-64

SIMs: FSX SE, P3d 3.4/4.5/6.1, Xplane11/12, MSFS, Aerofly 4

That looks like a pretty "rough" way to travel!

Excellent pics!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |