Sign in to follow this  
bofhlusr

The 4 Things that will Disappoint in MSFS 2024

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, simbol said:

you know I am making one in partnership with SWS right?

Yes I do Raul. I noted you mentioned that in another thread. But you know, I'm a marshmallow kid. I want it now!!! Haha.  

I know. Good things take time,  and really good things take even longer. So I must be patient. Fantastic you and SWS are doing this and I sense there are many of us looking forward to your first showcase whenever that might be. 

We've had or will soon have all the current Boeings and Airbuses...now its time for some class(ics).  

Cheers

Terry     

Edited by Lord Farringdon

No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.

Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-10700 CPU @2.90Ghz, 32GB RAM,  NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3060, 12GB VRAM, Samsung QN70A 4k 65inch TV with VRR 120Hz Free Sync (G-Sync Compatible). 

Boeing Thrustmaster TCA Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Turtle Beach Velocity One Rudder Pedals.   

2 hours ago, Lord Farringdon said:

Yes I do Raul. I noted you mentioned that in another thread. But you know, I'm a marshmallow kid. I want it now!!! Haha.  

I know. Good things take time,  and really good things take even longer. So I must be patient. Fantastic you and SWS are doing this and I sense there are many of us looking forward to your first showcase whenever that might be. 

We've had or will soon have all the current Boeings and Airbuses...now its time for some class(ics).  

Cheers

Terry     

We trying to have some 3D work available to show in FSExpo.. if you coming stop by.. SWS and FSReborn will be next to each other sharing a large booth as partners.. mind due,  our plan is to deliver the 727-200 variant first.. we don't want to force people with the smaller version first, then make them buy the larger one after as other developers have done in the past.. it is not what I am.. neither Alex at SWS. 

So "the plan" is to start 727-200 (the big boy) and progress towards the other variants as upgrades.. so you pay for the big guy.. and you can get the other variants as "upgrades" if you want them.. I believe this is a more fair approach in line to customers expectations and global economic situations..

Best,
R.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, simbol said:

We trying to have some 3D work available to show in FSExpo.. if you coming stop by.. SWS and FSReborn will be next to each other sharing a large booth as partners.. mind due,  our plan is to deliver the 727-200 variant first.. we don't want to force people with the smaller version first, then make them buy the larger one after as other developers have done in the past.. it is not what I am.. neither Alex at SWS. 

So "the plan" is to start 727-200 (the big boy) and progress towards the other variants as upgrades.. so you pay for the big guy.. and you can get the other variants as "upgrades" if you want them.. I believe this is a more fair approach in line to customers expectations and global economic situations..

Best,
R.

Excellent approach Raul. I'll certainly be buying the -200 and ''upgrading'' to  the -100!

This thread should be renamed "Four things that impress you about  MSFS". In my view, FSReborn and SWS collaboration would be two of them and another one would be all the developers in general who take the time to enter this forum with their insights, offerings and feedback to our community. It is greatly appreciated. 

Cheers

Terry

• Upvote 2

No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.

Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-10700 CPU @2.90Ghz, 32GB RAM,  NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3060, 12GB VRAM, Samsung QN70A 4k 65inch TV with VRR 120Hz Free Sync (G-Sync Compatible). 

Boeing Thrustmaster TCA Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Turtle Beach Velocity One Rudder Pedals.   

On 5/2/2024 at 1:05 PM, s0cks said:

I know you aren't particularly impressed by this, but as a fan of bush flying this does sound kinda cool. To have more detail up close will make bush flying even more enjoyable!

And I’m assuming it’s just a high res texture with maybe displacement map to make the pebbles pop. That will apply to all rivers and streams without much work. 

I love doing off-airport landings so I’m a fan of globally improving the ground, not just airport property. 

This kind of thing is exactly why developers need to remember that all parts of an airport need to be well detailed. Just because the sim pilot is not able to see specific areas from the taxiways or aprons does not mean that texture quality and levels of detail should be less at the airport perimeter. Helicopter/ultralight/VTOL jet pilots can fly and land almost anywhere. In addition, a large number of users enjoy exploring airports outside of their planes. The drone view is perfect for this (and excellent for beta testing purposes). In short, Microsoft Flight Simulator can be used for a lot more than just flying a plane. The detail levels are so high that exploration and discovery can be a rewarding experience. I would also argue that this is exactly why we should be seeing 3D interiors as standard in airport addons. Those parallax interiors are last generation stuff, although they can be acceptable if used carefully (and sparingly).

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

3 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

This kind of thing is exactly why developers need to remember that all parts of an airport need to be well detailed. Just because the sim pilot is not able to see specific areas from the taxiways or aprons does not mean that texture quality and levels of detail should be less at the airport perimeter. Helicopter/ultralight/VTOL jet pilots can fly and land almost anywhere. In addition, a large number of users enjoy exploring airports outside of their planes. The drone view is perfect for this (and excellent for beta testing purposes). In short, Microsoft Flight Simulator can be used for a lot more than just flying a plane. The detail levels are so high that exploration and discovery can be a rewarding experience. I would also argue that this is exactly why we should be seeing 3D interiors as standard in airport addons. Those parallax interiors are last generation stuff, although they can be acceptable if used carefully (and sparingly).

This the thing though, we all want different stuff and speaking as low and slow flyer, airport interiors mean nothing to me and Id much prefer improvements in terrain details especially a better algorithm for tree placements (currently its not far better than awfull)

As for it being used for a lot more than flying planes, I'm sure that's true but Id rather an accurate sim be where the work is put.

Seems like MS/Asobo have opened up possibilities in the mainly graphical world side of games but that does of course lead to stuff that really doesnt benefit the Core simulation which to me is a shame due to resources being re-directed that way

But as I said we all want different stuff but ask yourself do you want a flight simulator/game or do you want an open world fallout type game to wander about in for hours?. Going either direction will divert resources from the other

Posted (edited)
On 5/2/2024 at 11:29 AM, Stoopy said:

This thread has made me see the light.  Or rather, shadow.  The entire franchise has been nothing but an ever-ongoing series of cascading disappointments since 1983.

Its about making as much money, as quickly as possible and then diving onto something else. its thats simple. 

I know i go on about it but it higlights the fact that , if they cared and i mean really really cared about their product, you'd have a 787 with a door the right way around and a jetty that attaches to, L2 not L1,   They would be on to the person who was responsible for that door every day until he or she fixed it if they had some passion and pride in their work like I do,   They dont care. Its about profit, nothing more and nothing less.

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

Posted (edited)

....and yet IniBuilds have just released what appears to be an incredibly detailed simulation of KMKE Milwaukee for FREE, and MS/Asobo have released God knows how many updates and improvements for FREE. Granted they may not have resolved a few annoying issues, but they seem to have done a heck of a lot of work without expecting anything in return.

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, fluffyflops said:

Its about making as much money, as quickly as possible and then diving onto something else. its thats simple. 

I know i go on about it but it higlights the fact that , if they cared and i mean really really cared about their product, you'd have a 787 with a door the right way around and a jetty that attaches to, L2 not L1,   They would be on to the person who was responsible for that door every day until he or she fixed it if they had some passion and pride in their work like I do,   They dont care. Its about profit, nothing more and nothing less.

I'm sorry, no matter how many times you keep repeating this weird rant about the 787's door doesn't mean in any way shape or form that it's about making a quick buck or that they did so "quickly as possible and then dove into something else".. what utter nonsense, Asobo and Working Title put a lot of effort into taking yet another default aircraft to higher fidelity levels in the 787, for *free*. As they've done for the CJ4, SR22, Citation Longitude, etc etc.

And news flash to those who keep repeating the other gem of a nonsense talking point that just because MS/Asobo allocate resources to visual fidelity must therefore mean the core simulation gets neglected.. as evidenced by the numerous enhancements and updates over the 3+ years to the core simulation (and what they have in plan for improving the core simulation in MSFS 2024 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPhScg_FINE&t=508s), that just ain't so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. For sims of the past this "either / or" might've been the case, not so with MSFS and the large team behind it and the deep pockets of MS. They can certainly walk and chew gum at the same time, easily.

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 3

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

1 hour ago, lwt1971 said:

I'm sorry, no matter how many times you keep repeating this weird rant about the 787's door doesn't mean in any way shape or form that it's about making a quick buck or that they did so "quickly as possible and then dove into something else".. what utter nonsense, Asobo and Working Title put a lot of effort into taking yet another default aircraft to higher fidelity levels in the 787, for *free*. As they've done for the CJ4, SR22, Citation Longitude, etc etc.

And news flash to those who keep repeating the other gem of a nonsense talking point that just because MS/Asobo allocate resources to visual fidelity must therefore mean the core simulation gets neglected.. as evidenced by the numerous enhancements and updates over the 3+ years to the core simulation (and what they have in plan for improving the core simulation in MSFS 2024 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPhScg_FINE&t=508s), that just ain't so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. For sims of the past this "either / or" might've been the case, not so with MSFS and the large team behind it and the deep pockets of MS. They can certainly walk and chew gum at the same time, easily.

Hmm, you think Asobo is granted infinite resources in everything including man hours?, of course not

Regardless of what has been done in any department or area to not believe that more could not be done with greater resources is a rather daft view

and don't for one minute think that because different departments require different resources that they all compete for the bottom line of funding

Thanks for the News Flash though, even if it was nonsense

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, lwt1971 said:

i disgree, its a tiny tiny thing to fix and its a days job at MOST. If id been tasked to design that 787 model and for ever reason I put a door on the backwards and put a jetty on to a door that wahat destory the pitos Id be ashamed of my work, so much so Id have to correct it.  I wouldnt strug my shoulders for 4 years which is what they bhave been only to happy to do.  Its cheap shoddy workmanship.

I know you seem to think MS/ASOBO/WT seemily  walk on water and you always run to their rescue,  but if they cared they fix it.  Its been 4 YEARS.  

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Lonesome Cowboy Burt said:

Hmm, you think Asobo is granted infinite resources in everything including man hours?, of course not

Regardless of what has been done in any department or area to not believe that more could not be done with greater resources is a rather daft view

and don't for one minute think that because different departments require different resources that they all compete for the bottom line of funding

Thanks for the News Flash though, even if it was nonsense

Hmm that's not what I said is it.. I said they have a large enough team to do *various* things and that it doesn't have to be either/or, and it's rather daft actually to keep harping that core sim simulation aspects are not getting attention just because visual fidelity is being improved (especially given evidence to the contrary that the core simulator has been improved over the yeas).

Perhaps understanding more about how software development works in a large team with different skillsets might help, but I suspect it won't help you clue in (well actually here's a clue: sometimes throwing more developers at a particular area of a software system doesn't necessarily mean it gets done better/faster). Thanks for trying though. 

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 3

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, fluffyflops said:

i disgree, its a tiny tiny thing to fix and its a days job at MOST. 

I know you seem to think MS/ASOBO/WT seemily  walk on water and you always run to their rescue,  but if they cared they fix it.  Its been 4 YEARS.  

LOL sure thing, I hope you get past this obviously traumatic experience with the 787's door. And yes, calling out the obvious re: what WT did to improve the 787 and other aircraft must of course mean that I think they walk on water 🙄 What other genius insights do you have ?

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 3

Len