Sign in to follow this  
bofhlusr

The 4 Things that will Disappoint in MSFS 2024

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JetCat said:

I know it's a stupid thing but I really want realistic rain physics on the windows, 

in the CJ4 I see rain drops flowing upwards the screen when the aircraft accelerates, similar to this video. what is it that you are missing?

Edited by turbomax

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

11 hours ago, RaptyrOne said:

Being CPU limited while the CPU is half asleep.... In other words, making proper use of the 8 P-Cores and 12 E-Cores on my CPU - that alone would make MSFS 2024 an insta-buy for me.

They can probably do this but the program MSFS 2024 will not be stable and probably crash more often than you would like. Games and sim rely on the main core for optimum processing. Multicore is for productivity. I'm pretty sure MS and Asobo would of figured this out years ago.

• Like 2

On 3/30/2024 at 10:24 AM, bofhlusr said:

@Mike S KPDX Sorry, but I don't understand. Were you able to watch the entire video. It isn't that long.  Why is it horrible?  Horrible compared to what? What would you suggest instead? Thanks.

Yes, I did.  Again - rain does not look like that on the windshield.  Take a look at this video to see heavy rain effect.  real rain 

• Like 1

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Imma going to completely sit out all the hype period and just get 2024 when it comes along with no expectations, whenever that is.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

On 4/8/2024 at 10:22 PM, turbomax said:

in the CJ4 I see rain drops flowing upwards the screen when the aircraft accelerates, similar to this video. what is it that you are missing?

Just about everything. It's all canned animations, there's no real downward flow, it'll flow upward even when you're parked in a slight breeze. Wipers don't work either, unless you make some workaround animation like the Fenix that also looks off. It's a halfbaked implementation at best.

• Like 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

On 3/30/2024 at 7:43 AM, Ricardo41 said:

In classic Avsim fashion, people are already lodging complaints against a simulator that hasn't even been released yet!

Well, to be fair there also some praising the "unprecedented" amount of high quality Aircraft included and other fantabulous  offerings of this yet to be seen game...so I guess balance?😁

On 4/9/2024 at 2:39 AM, simbol said:

.........Developers are artist, not "journalists", they get inspired by good news, positive thoughts, what drive people towards the hobby, what are people passions, dreams, etc. 

You guys should focus instead on discussing what you guys would love.......

My two cents,
Raul

Ok Raul....let me think........what would I love .......thinking.........thinking .......positive thoughts.........engaging passion....... a dream I want to come true........ oh yes a B727-100!!  😁👍

Cheers

a cheeky 

Terry.

No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.

Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-10700 CPU @2.90Ghz, 32GB RAM,  NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3060, 12GB VRAM, Samsung QN70A 4k 65inch TV with VRR 120Hz Free Sync (G-Sync Compatible). 

Boeing Thrustmaster TCA Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Turtle Beach Velocity One Rudder Pedals.   

On 3/30/2024 at 9:05 PM, turbomax said:

Also, ground detail experience in FS2024 is aimed to rival that of Forza Horizon 5 according to Jorg:

"I flew over a woodland area in FS2024 the other day and choose to land at a site where it was possible to - in detail - identify thousands of pebbles under the water of a stream"

I know you aren't particularly impressed by this, but as a fan of bush flying this does sound kinda cool. To have more detail up close will make bush flying even more enjoyable!

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, s0cks said:

To have more detail up close will make bush flying even more enjoyable!

you are preaching to the choir. I have flown in real life as low as 500 ft. and lower in an open tricycle and loved it.

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

Posted (edited)

So perhaps the OP's post is coined a little negatively, but I respect the post which is really just a wish list for MSFS 2024. And, the OP is not alone with some others in this thread hoping these issues will be fixed in MSFS 2024 too. 

As to whether they are immersion killers depends on who you are and what you do in this simulator. I'm a freighter kind of guy who flies mostly at night across dark oceans at 35,000 feet.....sooo.. I couldn't really care less about most of these things, but that's just me. If it was me, I'd be asking for some good ATC, real time live air traffic, (all of it, not just some of it, and closer to actual times, not delayed by 2 - 5 mins), some better weather (METAR) realism (although I know this is a bit tricky), and of course some really great clouds/weather that pop my sunset departures and sunrise arrivals and immerse me in Alfred Noyes's “The moon was a ghostly galleon tossed upon cloudy seas” through those long nights.     

Five million pebbles or was it 5 billion? Yeah, nah! But, there are quite a few GA guys here for whom bush adventures are their raison d'être. Camping out in a pebble strewn creek with a hammock slung under the wing and some marshmallows on the camp fire will be absolutely idyllic in MSFS 2024. But for me? I'd rather have St Elmo's fire to keep me amused through the night tee hee.

The problem (if it is a problem) with Microsoft Flight Simulator is that MS/Asobo have developed it to a point where it is no longer just about flight. In fact, more and more they seem to be relying on third party developers to build the planes/and avionics, while they focus on the scenery, animations and activities. In this regard, MSFS 2024 will be a joy to see for all of us. Impressive world wide scenery is of course what sells the product alongside a gaming/activity solution for the Xbox market. I'm not saying Asobo are not improving the flight aspects of the simulator. They have done wonderful things in air flow physics that enable realism in glider and helicopter operations but raindrops on windscreens and bright coloured St Elmo's fire may be a few of our favourite things, but not necessarily theirs. I imagine, lack of attention to these details will be well overridden by so much more that this new rendition of the simulator will have to offer all of us, not just my narrow interpretation of what a good flight simulator should be.😁

But I do want a B727-100!!!

Cheers

Terry

Edited by Lord Farringdon
  • Like 2

No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.

Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-10700 CPU @2.90Ghz, 32GB RAM,  NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3060, 12GB VRAM, Samsung QN70A 4k 65inch TV with VRR 120Hz Free Sync (G-Sync Compatible). 

Boeing Thrustmaster TCA Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Turtle Beach Velocity One Rudder Pedals.   

9 hours ago, Lord Farringdon said:

Ok Raul....let me think........what would I love .......thinking.........thinking .......positive thoughts.........engaging passion....... a dream I want to come true........ oh yes a B727-100!!  😁👍

Cheers

a cheeky 

Terry.

Soon TM haha

• Like 2

On 4/8/2024 at 7:39 AM, simbol said:

You guys should focus instead on discussing what you guys would love,

I love it when things don't disappoint! 🙂

8 hours ago, Lord Farringdon said:

Entonces, tal vez la publicación del OP esté redactada de manera un poco negativa, pero respeto la publicación, que en realidad es solo una lista de deseos para MSFS 2024. Y el OP no está solo con otros en este hilo esperando que estos problemas también se solucionen en MSFS 2024. . 

Que sean asesinos por inmersión depende de quién eres y de lo que haces en este simulador. Soy un tipo de tipo carguero que vuela principalmente de noche a través de océanos oscuros a 35,000 pies... muuuy... Realmente no podrían importarme menos la mayoría de estas cosas, pero soy solo yo. Si fuera yo, estaría pidiendo un buen ATC, tráfico aéreo en vivo en tiempo real (todo, no solo una parte, y más cercano a los tiempos reales, sin retrasos de 2 a 5 minutos), un mejor clima. (METAR) realismo (aunque sé que esto es un poco complicado) y, por supuesto, algunas nubes/clima realmente geniales que resaltan mis salidas al atardecer y llegadas al amanecer y me sumergen en "La luna era un galeón fantasmal arrojado sobre mares nublados" de Alfred Noyes. a través de esas largas noches.     

¿Cinco millones de guijarros o fueron 5 mil millones? ¡Sí, no! Pero hay bastantes chicos de GA aquí para quienes las aventuras en el campo son su razón de ser .  Acampar en un arroyo lleno de guijarros con una hamaca colgada debajo del ala y algunos malvaviscos en la fogata será absolutamente idílico en MSFS 2024. ¿Pero para mí? Preferiría tener el fuego de San Telmo para entretenerme toda la noche, je, je.

El problema (si es un problema) con Microsoft Flight Simulator es que MS/Asobo lo ha desarrollado hasta un punto en el que ya no se trata sólo de volar. De hecho, cada vez más parecen confiar en desarrolladores externos para construir los aviones y la aviónica, mientras se centran en el escenario, las animaciones y las actividades. En este sentido, será un placer para todos nosotros ver MSFS 2024. Un paisaje impresionante a nivel mundial es, por supuesto, lo que vende el producto junto con una solución de juegos/actividades para el mercado de Xbox. No digo que Asobo no esté mejorando los aspectos de vuelo del simulador. Han hecho cosas maravillosas en la física del flujo de aire que permiten el realismo en las operaciones de planeadores y helicópteros, pero las gotas de lluvia en los parabrisas y el fuego de San Telmo de colores brillantes pueden ser algunas de nuestras cosas favoritas, pero no necesariamente las de ellos. Me imagino que la falta de atención a estos detalles será superada por mucho más que esta nueva versión del simulador tendrá para ofrecernos a todos, no solo mi interpretación estrecha de lo que debería ser un buen simulador de vuelo. 😁

¡¡¡Pero sí quiero un B727-100!!!

Salud

Terry

I'm with you too that's why the only thing I currently fly in mfs2020 is A2A and waiting to see if another aircraft suits my preferences.

I have been several years without simulating for lack of equipment, with the release of 2020 I decided to buy a new computer and I entered very strong to the simulation but eventually when I passed what I call "see my house effect "I realized that what is important for Asobo and most developers in MFS for me was not, and I decided to buy xplane 12.

I have no hope that mfs2024 will change my way of seeing this simulator (I hope they close my mouth) but we must understand that each one of us is looking for something different when simulating, I certainly do not close the doors to any software and I will continue to enjoy what I personally like the most.

• Like 1

This thread has made me see the light.  Or rather, shadow.  The entire franchise has been nothing but an ever-ongoing series of cascading disappointments since 1983.

• Like 3

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!