Sign in to follow this  
Saucey12

beware nvidia driver update

I havent had any problems in about a year and the latest nvidia driver that was released on APR 04 caused bad stuttering. I immediately reverted back to the previous version.  Anybody else with the same experience?  

Not here. I installed it this morning along with DLSS 3.7 and it all works perfectly. Beautifully smooth. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

No problems here. However - I did remember to clear all my caches. Sometimes these stutters occur with the first post-update run, as MSFS rebuilds its cache,

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

10 hours ago, Adamski_NZ said:

No problems here. However - I did remember to clear all my caches. Sometimes these stutters occur with the first post-update run, as MSFS rebuilds its cache,

right.. that's probably what it is. I probably should have started up the sim, shut it down and then run it again. 

Yes.  Same thing happened to me. 

Could not figure out why I suddenly have stutters, after having none for ages.  Only thing that changed was the recent Nvidia driver update.

Even the Auto FPS App didn't help.   

I also wondered whether others were having issues or just me.

15 hours ago, Adamski_NZ said:

Where these cache files are normally located?. Seems to me I forgot to get a track of them.

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

58 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Where these cache files are normally located?. Seems to me I forgot to get a track of them.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Posted (edited)

Keep in mind that todays Beta update almost certainly reverted DLSS to an older version for anyone who was using an updated file. Also, all your settings would be reverted to default.....

Edited by HiFlyer
  • Like 3

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

i don't have DXcache file, i only  have GLcahe folder ,  why?

52 minutes ago, motishow said:

i don't have DXcache file, i only  have GLcahe folder ,  why?

mine  is located   c/user/user/appdata/localflow/nvidia/PerDriverversion

• Like 2

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Reverted to version 551.76 and still have studders.  Updated to 552.12 and studders.

Also getting weird lines (kind of V shaped) across the runway now as well.

Cleaned the cache and tried Auto FPS App on or off, no difference.

Was there some sort of change to the sim that I missed?  Everything was fine before?

I had DXCache and  I deleted all its content,  and from then, it is now always empty

2 minutes ago, solito said:

I had DXCache and  I deleted all its content,  and from then, it is now always empty

Reinstall Nvidia?

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

4 hours ago, caneman said:

Reverted to version 551.76 and still have studders.  Updated to 552.12 and studders.

Also getting weird lines (kind of V shaped) across the runway now as well.

Cleaned the cache and tried Auto FPS App on or off, no difference.

Was there some sort of change to the sim that I missed?  Everything was fine before?

Try to remove the driver with DDU and install the latest one again, when you use DDU all Nvidia files get deleted, cache files as well, I always use that method when upgrading Nvidia drivers to avoid trouble.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |