Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

QualityWings didn't renew their trademark? Any more news?

So I read a Reddit thread a few months ago where it was discussed that QualityWings didn't renew their trademark. In that Reddit thread, there was a link to this that showed QualityWings didn't renew their trademark. I can't vouch for the accuracy of that link, but maybe somebody that is more familiar with how trademarks are filed in the US can verify whether that information is accurate or not. Even if that link is accurate and the information in it is accurate, it only shows that QualityWings cancelled the trademark on March 4th, 2022. Perhaps QualityWings renewed their trademark and there is another link that shows this? (I did a quick search of tsdr.uspto.gov and entered "qualitywings" as the search term but I did not see such a record)

In any case, is there any more news on QualityWings? I remember that a few people here on Avsim could access their forum. And last year, one Avsim member said their president and vice-president hadn't logged into their own forum for a year. I can't access their forum as I am not a QualityWings customer.  Has anybody else heard anything about them? Any new news about QualityWings since last year?

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Zangoose said:

There is no news from the forums. People asking questions about what is going on but get no replies. 

Some staff like Ernie still log onto the forums but that’s about it.

That's interesting. Ernie is listed as a Systems Programmer at QualityWings. If QualityWings were still working on something for MSFS, someone like Ernie would be key to keeping their project alive (especially since it looks like they did some of the 3D model of their 787 for MSFS).

Edited by abrams_tank

23 minutes ago, Zangoose said:

There is no news from the forums. People asking questions about what is going on but get no replies. 

Some staff like Ernie still log onto the forums but that’s about it.

Their "Vice President & 3D Modeler" (Lars) seems to have quit back in 2019 (based on his linkedin profile). I couldnt find anyone else with "Qualitywings" as their current job on their linkedin so I presume it might actually be the end of the road.

• Like 2

i7 13700K @ 5.3 ghz / DeepCool AK620 Cooler / MSI Z790 Tomahawk WiFi / 32GB Trident DDR5 RAM @ 7200 mhz / 24GB Gainward 3090 Geforce RTX  / 2 TB SSD WD Black SN850X NVMe / 1 TB SSD Samsung 990 Pro series / 2 TB SSD Samsung 980 Pro Series / 500 gb and 250 gb SSD Samsung Evo 850 / RM1000W Corsair PSU

I admit I'm not a big 787 guy.  But don't we have better options for the 787 now than we had with QW anyway?

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, micstatic said:

I admit I'm not a big 787 guy.  But don't we have better options for the 787 now than we had with QW anyway?

It's the Working Title 787 and any add-ons based on it, such as the Kuro and Horizon 787s.  The only other company that I think is capable of making a better 787 - so a study level 787-  than the Working Title/Kuro/Horizon 787, is PMDG.  I don't know of any other company that is better suited to making a study level 787 than PMDG.

From the reading I have done, some people still think the Quality Wings 787 is better than the Horizon 787 (ie. in that Reddit thread I linked, some person commented, "It was much better than the current Horizon 787" and that comment got 33 upvotes so I suppose there were 33 people that agreed with that comment).  I haven't kept up with the Horizon 787 so I'm not sure if they improved it much more than the base Working Title 787.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Quality Wings is dead. 

“Long Live Quality Wings!”

-B

• Like 3

Let's hope that PMDG's secret project is the 787 so we will be able to close the Quality Wings subject for good.

When msfs was released, I remember I chose the Deluxe version because I told myself that I didn't need the 787 in the premium because the QW 787 was not far away. How wrong I was!

I since bought the upgrade during a sale and don't even care about QW at all. They probably are gone for good.

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, sdirand said:

When msfs was released, I remember I chose the Deluxe version because I told myself that I didn't need the 787 in the premium because the QW 787 was not far away. How wrong I was!

For many of us, that was the case. Ended up buying the upgrade as you did to get the 78. Not repeating the mistake with MSFS 2024, going for the high edition from the get go. That way if it includes an A330, we'll have something moddable incase Aerosoft and FSlabs fail to deliver the bigger bus. Especially since MS/Asobo is aiming for higher fidelity with default aircraft. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, FrankSalo said:

That way if it includes an A330, we'll have something moddable incase Aerosoft and FSlabs fail to deliver the bigger bus. 

I wish Fenix would do a A330 next and we don't have to bother with either of these groups. As far as a 787 I am betting my little money PMDG will tackle that. 

Edited by JBDB-MD80
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Horizon and Working Title have done an excellent job to improve the 788/9/X, and it is doubtful that PMDG will venture into this knowing full well that these freeware will be further developed and improved. The same probably happened to FSLabs with the inflation of A320 in MSFS, what is left for them if they were to release an A320 line of aircraft? I had the QualityWing 787 in P3D but would not buy it for MSFS even if they released it tomorrow. Neither would I buy an FSLabs A320. 

FBW, Horizon have redefined what a freeware aircraft is in any flightsim, more to come (A380 among others). Healthy competition perhaps, but let's face it, we now have something we never had in the past, passionate, competent, organised and innovative freeware developers. 

• Like 4

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Bernard Ducret said:

Horizon and Working Title have done an excellent job to improve the 788/9/X, and it is doubtful that PMDG will venture into this knowing full well that these freeware will be further developed and improved. The same probably happened to FSLabs with the inflation of A320 in MSFS, what is left for them if they were to release an A320 line of aircraft? I had the QualityWing 787 in P3D but would not buy it for MSFS even if they released it tomorrow. Neither would I buy an FSLabs A320. 

FBW, Horizon have redefined what a freeware aircraft is in any flightsim, more to come (A380 among others). Healthy competition perhaps, but let's face it, we now have something we never had in the past, passionate, competent, organised and innovative freeware developers. 

Fenix is doing well with their A320 and I am sure PMDG and be available on XBOX has done well too. Bottom line default and freeware will never reach the quality of payware aircraft not PMDG anyways. They make a 787 it will sell like hotcakes for anyone doing serious flight simming anyways. BTW Zibo in X-Plane is still the best freeware in any sim to date.

Edited by JBDB-MD80

Every few months this zombie topic re-emerges. The rumour is a key developer left sometime in 2021, which halted all progress.

The simple facts are: there has been no news from them since, no promo materials/screenshots and certainly no products from them.

QW has long since joined the list of defunct FS companies, such as GoFlight Tech, Level-D Simulations, Fulcrum Sim, etc.

Just let the topic of QW end already!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

30 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

Just let the topic of QW end already!

What?  You don’t like ghost stories? 😎

-B

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1