threexgreen

FSHud Performance Latest Beta Build

Are you using GSX? If yes - you can unlink it in their installer. I have tremendous impact when GSX is running for whatever reason especially in a situation like your video is showing.

2 hours ago, threexgreen said:

Yes, sadly it's really bad. I'm hoping that it's a SimConnect issue so that I may be able to continue using FSHud if the dev manages to figure that one out and fix it. I haven't tried the release version or emptying the community folder.

@FSHud I'm happy to provide any input needed to troubleshoot the SimConnect issue, if it does turn out to be that.

Haha I had to lol - that video is actually real, and that "AI traffic" is the insane traffic volume at Vegas that makes you number 21 for departure roasting in the desert heat on the taxiway for 30+ minutes.

But the fact you thought it's MSFS is a testament to how far flight simulation graphics have come. :biggrin:

You might be misunderstood.
SimConnect is MSFS SDK provided by Asobo, FSHud uses to to communicate with MSFS (as many other applications does).

Therefore saying something like "SimConnect issue so that I may be able to continue using FSHud if the dev manages to figure that one out and fix it" completely doesn't make any sense.
But before we moving to occasional problem with SimConnect - you need to verify that this is the problem indeed that happens to you - while you still didn't provide information about CPU usage
to understand if we are talking about this problem or something else.

One of our Beta testers had occasionally same issue - after complete Windows re-install, this problem completely gone (I'm just telling you all small pieces of information I have) - so just think by yourself
how everything is tight up.

The only thing you can do to move forward with it is to do following:
1. When it happens - overview and provide us information how much percentage of CPU used by FSHud - if you see less than 20% it's definitely not of FSHud side, because FSHud simply doesn't do anything.
2. If you see high CPU usage by FSHud - simply terminate FSHud process via task manager and start FSHud again, once it was loaded and you see "Continue" in FSHud window, don't click on it but overview the CPU again,
if you see high CPU usage (50% and above) which doesn't reduce - it seems like we're talking about SimConnect problem, which means only by calling SimConnect library - high CPU usage starts to happen by the library itself.

6 hours ago, threexgreen said:

But the fact you thought it's MSFS is a testament to how far flight simulation graphics have come. :biggrin:

You're kidding! I was sure it was Fly Tampa's KLAS 😁

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

16 hours ago, FSHud said:

Therefore saying something like "SimConnect issue so that I may be able to continue using FSHud if the dev manages to figure that one out and fix it" completely doesn't make any sense.
But before we moving to occasional problem with SimConnect - you need to verify that this is the problem indeed that happens to you - while you still didn't provide information about CPU usage
to understand if we are talking about this problem or something else.

Seems I misinterpreted your statement as implying you could do something about the SimConnect issue. Too bad if that's on Asobo's side of things.

I will report on CPU usage, but I have other things to do outside of simming too. I'll probably be able to squeeze in a flight tomorrow.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

28 minutes ago, threexgreen said:

Seems I misinterpreted your statement as implying you could do something about the SimConnect issue. Too bad if that's on Asobo's side of things.

I will report on CPU usage, but I have other things to do outside of simming too. I'll probably be able to squeeze in a flight tomorrow.

Have a look at this thread it might help you. 

https://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=66964&title=fps-plummets-for-10-seconds

• Like 1

Naif Almazroa

My Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Youmou0205

4 hours ago, nam1394 said:

Thanks, I'll check that out.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

On 4/30/2024 at 3:50 PM, nam1394 said:

I need an account to access that and I can't create one because it keeps rejecting my registration due to some anti-spam nonsense...

Can anyone quickly summarize what the issue is and what the solution is?

9 minutes ago, threexgreen said:

I need an account to access that and I can't create one because it keeps rejecting my registration due to some anti-spam nonsense...

Can anyone quickly summarize what the issue is and what the solution is?

Yes, exactly the same issue I had and I solved it by doing that. I was found at MFS forum. 

So let's double check together. Let's follow this steps.

You open folder of your sim at this path: disk:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore

There find folder fs-base-effects\VisualEffectLibs\Asobo\Base At this folder make sure files :

SmokeLanding.spb

mokeLanding_LG.spb

SmokeLanding_MD.spb

WetLanding.spb

WetLanding_LG.spb

WetLanding_MD.spb

SnowLanding.spb

SnowLanding_LG.spb

WaterLanding.spb

GrassLanding.spb

DustLanding.spb

are all rename to OFF In front of the files, for example as was shown at picture (OFFSmokeLanding.spb)

3. Then we going back to folder disk:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore 

and find now folder fs-base-effects-legacy\effects

At \effects folder do the same with this files:

x_ASOBO_tchdwn_Dirt_S.fx

x_ASOBO_tchdwn_Ground_B.fx

X_ASOBO_TOUCHCONCRETE_BIG.fx

X_ASOBO_TOUCHCONCRETE_SMALL.fx

X_ASOBO_TOUCHDIRT_BIG.fx

X_ASOBO_TouchDirt_Small.fx

x_ASOBO_TouchDown_Big.fx

X_ASOBO_TouchDown_Small.fx

x_taxi.fx

x_tchdrt.fx

x_tchdwn.fx

x_tchdwn_m.fx

x_tchdwn_s.fx

Make sure they all rename to OFF in front of the file (OFFfx_ASOBO_tchdwn_Dirt_S.fx)

Sim of course should be closed before. Then launch it and try, for me it's working!

• Like 1

Naif Almazroa

My Youtube channel:

Posted (edited)

Some AI poanes will produce smoke while taxing and causes FOS to plummet for 10 to 15 seconds. E190 in particular. Even when they are not in view. EHAM is a good place to test it.

Edited by nam1394

Naif Almazroa

My Youtube channel:

37 minutes ago, nam1394 said:

Some AI poanes will produce smoke while taxing and causes FOS to plummet for 10 to 15 seconds. E190 in particular. Even when they are not in view. EHAM is a good place to test it.

Thanks a lot for the summary. I'm not sure if this will help because it doesn't seem to be the same issue I have, but I guess there's no harm in testing it.

why FSHUD don't  use the free airac cycle of simbrief (2203)

That is a very bad thing , FSHud airac doesn't match with simbrief airac

1 hour ago, motishow said:

why FSHUD don't  use the free airac cycle of simbrief (2203)

That is a very bad thing , FSHud airac doesn't match with simbrief airac

Because it is restricted by Navigraph.
If you don't have subscription, you can only use very outdated AIRAC 2101 (this is what Navigraph have decided).
I guess they have a bit "different" agreement with SimBrief - but we continuously asked them to provide a bit newer AIRAC which wasn't answered.

Posted (edited)

why you don't have an option to use the airac that uses  MSFS like the upcoming beyondATC?

Edited by motishow
  • Like 1

MSFS airac doesn't provide all necessary data that is needed.

Hi,

whats Version is the Beta Now? I dont know if i have the right version now!

Thanks for FSHUD its great!

Good Day

Worgi aka Daniel