threexgreen

FSHud Performance Latest Beta Build

15 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

EDIT: another thing I noticed in the video was that it was recommended to set FSLTL parked aircraft to zero, as it will occupy gates, which could reduce the number of active flights.

1 minute ago, Cpt_Piett said:

One thing I can’t really wrap my head around, is that FSLTL needs to be running, but using AIG (which I haven’t tried yet), FSHud takes care of everything.

Yes, well... I have used FSLTL up to now but I am beginning to think AIG might be better for me. FSLTL seems a bit complicated (settings in the FSLTL environment and in FSHud and I am not entirely sure how they relate) while with AIG it's all simply taken care of by FShud.

And what's more: if I understood it correctly FSLTL only uses live traffic while AIG uses (via FSHud) scheduled traffic. And I almost NEVER fly at the 'now time': I always change the clock to for instance daytime while I am actually flying at night. This means that I won't have much traffic with FSLTL (which has always been a problem for me: little to no traffic). And specially when I am going to use historic weather the AIG scheduled traffic will probably give me way better results for the sim time I will use.

So I will install the (new) AIG software this evening and see how it works out. (I do remember it took AGES for everything to download when I first used it a long time ago but that seems to have been improved.)

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, tup61 said:

And what's more: if I understood it correctly FSLTL only uses live traffic while AIG uses (via FSHud) scheduled traffic. And I almost NEVER fly at the 'now time': I always change the clock to for instance daytime while I am actually flying at night. This means that I won't have much traffic with FSLTL (which has always been a problem for me: little to no traffic). And specially when I am going to use historic weather the AIG scheduled traffic will probably give me way better results for the sim time I will use.

That’s exactly what I’m thinking as well. Also I find the FSLTL command prompt interface and settings confusing.

I’ll test with AIG once I’ve done more tests with ASFS - don’t want to test both at the same time.

22 minutes ago, tup61 said:

So I will install the (new) AIG software this evening and see how it works out. (I do remember it took AGES for everything to download when I first used it a long time ago but that seems to have been improved.)

It’s MUCH better! Better GUI and the one-click installer now gives the options of choosing regions, or global. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 2

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

1 hour ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Could there be something else causing this? I guess you’ve already determined that it doesn’t happen without FSHud. Just remember a while ago there were a lot of people struggling with performance degradation over time. Although that was perhaps more prominent on longer flights.

Are you on SU15 beta?

It's definitely FSHud. I've tried closing all other programs I'm running during a flight, but none of that yielded any result. As soon as I close FSHud though, everything is back to normal (+15 FPS and no stutters whatsoever). I'm also not on the beta, and it's not that MSFS performance degradation bug which has been fixed long ago anyway AFAIK.

22 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

One thing I can’t really wrap my head around, is that FSLTL needs to be running, but using AIG (which I haven’t tried yet), FSHud takes care of everything.

AIG is just offline BGL-files that FSHud fetches to inject traffic. The reason for using the FSLTL injector when running FSHud in external mode is that the FSLTL injector downloads live data so FSHud can inject live aircraft.

To complicate things, I'm currently running FSHud set to external mode with the FSLTL injector for live traffic but I have disabled FSLTL models so that FSLTL uses AIG models instead. 

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

I agree, all the evidence points to FSHud causing your issues. 

14 minutes ago, threexgreen said:

AIG is just offline BGL-files that FSHud fetches to inject traffic. The reason for using the FSLTL injector when running FSHud in external mode is that the FSLTL injector downloads live data so FSHud can inject live aircraft.

Great explanation! I finally understand this.

16 minutes ago, threexgreen said:

To complicate things, I'm currently running FSHud set to external mode with the FSLTL injector for live traffic but I have disabled FSLTL models so that FSLTL uses AIG models instead. 

I guess this means that you want the live traffic feature of FSLTL but prefer the AIG models?

The only downside I can think of with AIG vs FSLTL models is the much longer sim startup time with the former.

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

Posted (edited)

Are you aware you can use both FSLTL and AIG at the same time with FSHud? That ensures you will always have enough adequate traffic. 

And starting FSLTL is really not cumbersome. Actually it is three mouse clicks and one press of return. 😉

Edited by RALF9636

Erm... FSLTL runs in a special mode when FSHud is running. So click -> enter -> Runs.

4 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

The only downside I can think of with AIG vs FSLTL models is the much longer sim startup time with the former.

Oh bummer, forgot about that. Yes, when I used AIG a long time ago startup times were rather long... Extremely long... Hm...

1 minute ago, RALF9636 said:

And starting FSLTL is really not cumbersome. Actually it is three mouse clicks and one press of return. 

True, but it uses live traffic which isn't the best option for me anyway.

2 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

Are you aware you can use both FSLTL and AIG at the same time with FSHud? That ensures you will always have enough adequate traffic. 

And starting FSLTL is really not cumbersome. Actually it is three mouse clicks and one press of return. 😉

Are you replying to me? It’s not difficult to start FSLTL. But how many addons are using a DOS-like interface nowadays?

It didn’t occur to me that I could use both FSLTL and AIG at the same time. I’ll give it a try!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, techman said:

Erm... FSLTL runs in a special mode when FSHud is running. So click -> enter -> Runs.

Again, who are you quoting? In comparison, the AIG injector UI is leaps and bounds ahead of FSLTL. Yes, I enable the auto-start feature with FSLTL, and if I want to change settings, I do that in the .cfg file. User-friendly?

33 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I guess this means that you want the live traffic feature of FSLTL but prefer the AIG models?

I do. I find they look better and have better sounds. I also see a lot more special liveries.

The loading time is because MSFS compiles all the models on startup (among other stuff) and since AIG has a lot more models/liveries it takes longer than with FSLTL. I only fly in North America though so I have fewer airlines installed than many others which reduces my loading time.

Just don't forget to disable one when using the other. Loading times with both FSLTL and AIG models... oof.

• Like 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Posted (edited)

I switched from FSLTL to AIG and it's working well with FSHud! 🙂 Even though I only have the Europe preset installed (not too many flightplans) I already got traffic in Norway and it's all looking good! (The new AIG manager is a lot better!)

I only need to figure out how to get more aircraft in the sim. If anyone wants to help out:

I am specially interest in getting the most out of Norway btw!

Edited by tup61
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, jcomm said:

Good thread because I've just installed FSLTL and want to use it with FSHud to control traffic.

I think I already have almost everything I had in Prepar3D (the Majestic Dash Q400 is missing), in fact even better than what I had in P3D because this FSHud seems to be much better than Pro ATC-X I've used so far...

• Like 2

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - MSFS

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Juliett Alfa Romeo said:

Good thread because I've just installed FSLTL and want to use it with FSHud to control traffic.

I think I already have almost everything I had in Prepar3D (the Majestic Dash Q400 is missing), in fact even better than what I had in P3D because this FSHud seems to be much better than Pro ATC-X I've used so far...

I miss the Majestic too, and the FSLabs 319/20/21 😞

BTW, you can also use FSHUD in P3d v5 and v6.

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, threexgreen said:

The loading time is because MSFS compiles all the models on startup (among other stuff) and since AIG has a lot more models/liveries it takes longer than with FSLTL. I only fly in North America though so I have fewer airlines installed than many others which reduces my loading time.

Very often the FSLTL models have erratic movements. Like twitching or "jumping" up and down on the tarmac. Don't think I've seen that with AIG. 

6 hours ago, threexgreen said:

Just don't forget to disable one when using the other. Loading times with both FSLTL and AIG models... oof.

Haha, the loading time with both is excruciating. Got 38GB of FSLTL and 53GB of AIG. I see no reason to use both, like you say. 

3 hours ago, tup61 said:

I am specially interest in getting the most out of Norway btw!

That's what a Norwegian likes to hear! 🤩 I guess it's more attractive now that we've got Jo Erlend's excellent ENGM. When doing a flight recently from Oslo to Bergen I saw aircraft from the 3 main Norwegian carriers. But that was with FSLTL. Will try with AIG only - and also check out the thread you started 🙂

Edited by Cpt_Piett

On 4/15/2024 at 1:28 PM, TomCYYZ said:

I have FSLTL and AIG traffic installed, but I primarily use AIG for my AI traffic. I get the feeling that FSHUD functions better with FSLTL. I understand, when using AIG there is no need to run the "Traffic Controller", FSHUD will use the "aigtraffic data folder" if it is located in the Community folder.

I asked this earlier on in the thread. I use AIG Traffic... I just purchased FSHUD and I'm not sure whether I need to run the AIG Traffic Controller or not? Also, in settings do the Traffic Source: BGL   AIG  External boxes have to be checked?

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I Gigabyte Z790 UD AX| MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker | 850W Thermaltake 80+ GOLD |